• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Doesn't matter. Player needs to be behind the ball when it's played. Which was impossible to see from the pictures shown, so good decision to let the goal stand.

Doesn't var have their own cameras? They are not reliant on sky or tnt footage.

Yes, but those images didn't help. You can't rule out a goal if you don't have conclusive evidence to rule it out.

I'm not saying if the goal should have stood or not. Just that var will have their own cameras that we do not see the footage of.

We'll just play our game. Missing Destiny is a slight blow, but we have more than enough to win at home. If chelsea produce their best performance of the season they could win. And poch is streaky like that. So yes it is possible. But we should go into the game heads high and with belief.

We might have Bentancur available from the bench again. That's potentially huge. Maybe Johnson will start, tho I quite fancy Richarlison for his fight, and Johnson able to come on against tiring defenders. I think we'll win.
Who has said Destiny is definitely out ?

Great decision, Kandi.

If for no other reason than to listen to Ian Wright moan and whibble. And I mostly like Wrighty. Mostly.

Cripes, the media were quick to collectively form some sort of soft, absorbent, protective cocoon around Arsenal now. Arteta acts like a spoiled child and they get swaddled in an adult diaper. If that happened to us, and something akin is bound to happen, we'd get piszsed on, laughed at and lectured about how it was inevitable payback for all of Harry Kane's alleged 'diving'.

Its very in vogue to have a go at VAR at the moment, an easy way out to defend a poor result. Granted there are some instances which are fudge ups but not in this instance - no clear an obvious error.

Im also uncomfortable with the press fuelling the VAR fire. They all state VAR is ridiculous and there are too many mistakes but every post match interview and analysis they bring it up and dig into the minutiae of every decision. Its almost like they are purposefully doing it to create headlines and content for their shows. Almost a self fulfilling prophecy

Just seen the goal. Raya hasn't done well there has he? Not sure how he played for the rest of the game but I wonder if the whole "2 top keepers competing for the no.1 spot" has backfired like some pundits and ex keepers thought it might. He seems to be playing with so much pressure doesn't he

Just seen the goal. Raya hasn't done well there has he? Not sure how he played for the rest of the game but I wonder if the whole "2 top keepers competing for the no.1 spot" has backfired like some pundits and ex keepers thought it might. He seems to be playing with so much pressure doesn't he

That's what I think. Posted on 25 Oct:

Raya is definitely a better keeper. The competition between two players might work in any other position, but for a goalkeeper it just creates uncertainty and that's never a good thing. It's showing in Raya's performances. I'd be willing to bet that Ramsdale will be gone in January.

That's what I think. Posted on 25 Oct:

Raya is definitely a better keeper. The competition between two players might work in any other position, but for a goalkeeper it just creates uncertainty and that's never a good thing. It's showing in Raya's performances. I'd be willing to bet that Ramsdale will be gone in January.
Yeah, I've heard David Seaman, Peter Schmeichel and Shay Given etc all saying the same thing. Maybe things will settle down eventually but Arteta saying it's good to have 2 top keepers and that he might even substitute one during the game was all a bit strange

Its very in vogue to have a go at VAR at the moment, an easy way out to defend a poor result. Granted there are some instances which are fudge ups but not in this instance - no clear an obvious error.

Im also uncomfortable with the press fuelling the VAR fire. They all state VAR is ridiculous and there are too many mistakes but every post match interview and analysis they bring it up and dig into the minutiae of every decision. Its almost like they are purposefully doing it to create headlines and content for their shows. Almost a self fulfilling prophecy
Yeah, some really weird comments from pundits and media, calling the prosess a farse, That it took to long, and just about everything about the process was wrong.
FFS, it's not VARs fault that there were many things to look at for that goal. They looked at them one at a time in an orderly fashion;
was the ball out? NO
Was it a push on the defender? No, not enough
Was it offside? Inconclusive evidence
Meaning the decision was right.

What were they supposed to do? Not look at the situations?

Yeah, I've heard David Seaman, Peter Schmeichel and Shay Given etc all saying the same thing. Maybe things will settle down eventually but Arteta saying it's good to have 2 top keepers and that he might even substitute one during the game was all a bit strange

Not just gks. Ex defenders have also said it. They like to know who is behind them. Whether they are going to come for a cross etc... otherwise they have to adjust their game.

Back