• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Likely to be calls for a replay anyway, as there was a critical incident exactly 7 minutes 45 seconds before the equaliser, when a Brighton player placed his hand on a Liverpool player’s shoulder as they waited for a throw-in to be taken.

hahaha you know someone somewhere is actually saying that in the Liverpool camp

That’ll do! Sky winding up again on the anti-Liverpool conspiracy theories ffs.

Would be willing to sacrifice being top of the league over the international break to see Arsenal getting a serious hiding.

That’ll do! Sky winding up again on the anti-Liverpool conspiracy theories ffs.

Would be willing to sacrifice being top of the league over the international break to see Arsenal getting a serious hiding.

Its one of those games where every outcome has a positive to us

Arsenal win (as long as its 2-1 or 1-0) - We Stay Top. Only not sure I like this outcome
Draw - The perfect outcome
City Win - We gain 3pts on Arsenal, with, as you say hopefully a good hiding

OK, so in which instances should this "common sense" be used? There has to be some protocol for it! A penalty not given? Should that count? What about a save on the goal line with hands, and the penalty missed. It should have been a goal. The just thing would be award a goal, but it would also be utterly ridiculous!

VAR is there to spot all of the issues you''ve mentioned but if it catastrophically fails, sort it out at the next stop of play, I've said this quite clearly throughout.

The rules for a handball to save a goal is a red card and a penalty so following the rules correctly would be the best approach, I don't understand your point on that one, I agree with that rule.

If something is a goal, give it as one and remove a procedure that allows an incorrect decision being made consequently set in stone despite it being an evidently incorrect decision.

*Edited to make the response less prickly as there's no point.

Last edited:
Back