• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Let's not kid ourselves that it's not a bad decision regardless of who it was. Forrest have every right to feel aggrieved, from what I saw they looked to have played really well, gut punch to not get a point
On balance of chances they should have won the game, some absolutely shocking finishing from them, particularly Elanga.. You get what you deserve to some extent.

It was a big error from the ref without question. It’s also clearly getting a lot more attention on here because it’s Liverpool and there’s always a conspiracy to help Liverpool get over the line in any and every game. People have an unhealthy fixation on Liverpool on this forum. I’ll admit I get too wound up whenever Arsenal win a game, but I can at least admit they’re a very good team despite the luck they’ve had with lack of injuries this season.
Come on it’s got nothing to do with this forum! MOTD made a big thing of it and Sky were laughing about it and referencing it on commentary in the Utd game the next day. It’s been all over those crap banter pages that seem to spam the socials. It’s big news.

It was an unexplainable clanger from the ref in what should have been the last minute of the game. To stop the match with so little time left with one team on the attack and just present the ball to the opposition is crazy. Forest have every right to be angry.

It’s a similar fudge up to the City one v us where the ref didn’t play advantage in the last minute.

Come on it’s got nothing to do with this forum! MOTD made a big thing of it and Sky were laughing about it and referencing it on commentary in the Utd game the next day. It’s been all over those crap banter pages that seem to spam the socials. It’s big news.

It was an unexplainable clanger from the ref in what should have been the last minute of the game. To stop the match with so little time left with one team on the attack and just present the ball to the opposition is crazy. Forest have every right to be angry.

It’s a similar fudge up to the City one v us where the ref didn’t play advantage in the last minute.

Yeah I completely understand why Forest are annoyed and it was a big fudgeup from the officials. Doesn’t change the fact that any decision that benefits Liverpool gets amplified to the nth degree on this place. If it had happened to Bournemouth or Palace then no one would be mentioning it on here. The big clubs have always got the majority of the decisions over the years and that won’t change anytime soon but I don’t buy there’s some deep rooted conspiracy to help Liverpool win the league in Klopp’s final season.

Yeah I completely understand why Forest are annoyed and it was a big fudgeup from the officials. Doesn’t change the fact that any decision that benefits Liverpool gets amplified to the nth degree on this place. If it had happened to Bournemouth or Palace then no one would be mentioning it on here. The big clubs have always got the majority of the decisions over the years and that won’t change anytime soon but I don’t buy there’s some deep rooted conspiracy to help Liverpool win the league in Klopp’s final season.
lol where’s that come from?! Haha

If it had been given for Utd, Chelsea, Goons, etc. then it would have been just the same focus on here. You really need to stop looking for Liverpool conspiracies at every corner of GG, yes a couple of posters troll about Liverpool here, it’s pretty clear and obvious who they are and when they do it though.

Reactions: jrh
lol where’s that come from?! Haha

If it had been given for Utd, Chelsea, Goons, etc. then it would have been just the same focus on here. You really need to stop looking for Liverpool conspiracies at every corner of GG, yes a couple of posters troll about Liverpool here, it’s pretty clear and obvious who they are and when they do it though.

Not sure anyone has outright said it but that’s the tone, that the officials are biased towards Liverpool when in reality they tend to favour all the top teams, not just Liverpool. Because of the anti Liverpool sentiment, it comes across that im some Liverpool apologist which I’m not, I don’t want them to win the league, I’d rather they win than Arsenal of course but my first choice would be Emirates Marketing Project.

On the Forest thing, I'm amazed at the reaction to it. I haven't seen what happened but from what I understand the ref mistakenly gave Liverpool possession from a drop ball nearly 2 minutes before the goal and it's being described as a "monumental error" and "a clanger" by people in the game.

F**k me, did Forest not have any chance to prevent the goal or something? This sensationalist nonsense in the game directed towards referees is a disgrace and it's dangerous. The ref made a mistake but, by the sounds of it, it didn't cost Forest the game because they had more than enough time and opportunity to prevent the goal themselves.
Because you'd set your shape on the reasonable expectation that you'd be receiving the ball

Back