• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Thanks mate, you should write Christmas cards ;)

It would be an interesting solution to the problem, whilst I'm not sure we should be pushing violence as a punishment I think it'd definitely work as a deterrent.

Whilst we're on the subject of yellows, I really hope they clamp down on anyone who stands near where a ball is going to land, doesn't jump but just nudges the other player as soon as they leap in to the air so they a horrible landing potentially upside down. I do predict we're going to see a horrendous injury ie neck break and the offending player is going to profusely apologize but it won't change the outcome.
The old Harry Kane backing in foul
the amount of noise I heard about him doing that was scary but of course I defended him..
pits a huge thing in rugby they have clamped down on and I’d wager there are as many aerial challenges in football with simialr potential for injury. I once played a school game where on another pitch it apparently happened to keeper who came for the ball and went over a player landing on his head. We never did find out if he was ok because they had an ambulance and our game finished before he left

Brighton dived 3 times in that second half and the ref didn't caution one of them.
They don’t book diving and they don’t book elbows…
pits a weird dynamic this season
sterling has been the worse in the league for it and he only got booked last night for the first time

They don’t book diving and they don’t book elbows…
pits a weird dynamic this season
sterling has been the worse in the league for it and he only got booked last night for the first time
Funny, I recall Bissouma getting a second yellow, and thus a red, for diving against Luton.

The old Harry Kane backing in foul
the amount of noise I heard about him doing that was scary but of course I defended him..
pits a huge thing in rugby they have clamped down on and I’d wager there are as many aerial challenges in football with simialr potential for injury. I once played a school game where on another pitch it apparently happened to keeper who came for the ball and went over a player landing on his head. We never did find out if he was ok because they had an ambulance and our game finished before he left

Hope the guy was alright in the end! It does make some truly awkward landings, for the most part professional players are pretty hardy and are able to shake it off but there's so much potential for a serious injury that you can't really just run off.

Yeah as much as I love Kane and truly do think he's an excellent role model + general all round good person, it was one of the dark arts that he dipped in to from time to time. Ideally we don't have to wait until a serious injury happens before it's looked in to.

Hope the guy was alright in the end! It does make some truly awkward landings, for the most part professional players are pretty hardy and are able to shake it off but there's so much potential for a serious injury that you can't really just run off.

Yeah as much as I love Kane and truly do think he's an excellent role model + general all round good person, it was one of the dark arts that he dipped in to from time to time. Ideally we don't have to wait until a serious injury happens before it's looked in to.
I’ve got no idea about the school one
It’s pre internet and we only had school rumours… I’m sure one was his head fell off 🤬

Awful, just an other mindless act to drag society lower. His parents probably think he's a right character and are busting with pride.
I felt quite uncomfortable watching that. It seemed like something he had been primed to do, so if so, by whom?
But if it was a natural reaction, where does it come from? Players that he sees week-in-week-out? I don't know what to think really. It's kind of OK for a player to do it when getting loads of stick, but I'd hope that kid wasn't getting stick. So he could only be emulating what he sees players doing. I'd assume his parents hadn't discussed with him how he would react after scoring. But if they did, then they are idiots.

They fudging love a "Statement Win" Sky don't they

Premier League predictions: Gabriel Martinelli to start in statement Arsenal win against Liverpool on Saturday Night Football​

Back