• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

And Chelsea, you forgot Chelsea!

we’ve been woefully short, but at least there’s some silver linings!

Haha, so I did

Yeh, taking our woes out, its been a tasty season for some of our rivals.

Evans interview was candid yesterday post Leics, basically said there was talk about transfers for a while and the firesale will happen quickly.

This season really called into focus the flimflam that is fed to us by media re EPL

Most competitive league in the world - won for the 5th time in 6 years by City, teams from position 13 down loss more than >50% of their games, Everton stayed up by winning 8 games (21% win, 50% lose) with a GD of -23, Bournemouth conceded 71 goals and only scored 37 yet was comfortably 15th

Okay wow. If I hit a nerve I would have accepted you saying you'd rather not talk about this kind of stuff rather than make a bunch of rash assumptions about my views without actually considering what I've said (or just not replying).

It's okay to make mistakes, but 13 abhorrent (I presume that was the word you meant to use) mistakes in a row alongside a couple of hundred bricky ones? That's a different case entirely and you've got to see that, that's not me sneering. As I've said before I wouldn't judge poor folk thinking gambling is a way out of a mess but a high level athlete betting on their own sport that they are competing in? I'm one of the poor folk without self confidence so am not really a gambling type - I don't get it.

What exactly do you consider a mistake? If you know something is wrong and then continue to do it anyway, that's not a mistake in my book. I could name a whole number of examples which aren't necessarily going to be productive but are factually correct but I'm hoping to keep this response civil despite the whole vibe of your reply.

I haven't suggested a death penalty but have requested a discussion about what seems like a lenient punishment for what essentially is match fixing.

Of course self destructive / bad behavior is a weakness, should we pretend it's a strength to admire now? I personally indulge a different kind of weakness every day but I admit it is what it is, I understand an addiction to substances all too well but I am interested in those who have the privileges of being a PL footballer yet tinkle it away with thoroughly bad decisions.

Your response is a world away from what I was hoping for as I was actually hoping for insight rather than what comes across as arsy-ness, apologies if I caught you at the wrong time.

Edit - I googled it and didn't even know aberrant (why would it be so close to abhorrent with a similar meaning, that's the English language for you I guess) was a word so my bad on that front! But on the rest I'm still surprised on the whole tone of the response.

You should not poke around in other peoples business. What on earth sort of response do you expect.

You should not poke around in other peoples business. What on earth sort of response do you expect.

I was just hoping for a bit of insight or a pov I hadn't considered, not meaning to make any assumptions (which I think I did say in my original post which gave you a mention).

I don't see that as poking around in other people's business but if you consider it inappropriate me asking for your opinion then I apologize, fair enough if you don't want to have an open chat about it.

They hated Hughton as well for only keeping them safe.

I'm sure they'll turn on de Zerbi as well in a couple of seasons if he doesn't get them CL.

Be interesting to see how they are with him IF they are a middling side next season due to Europa and maybe if they go out early in that too...

Back