• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

There was a post somewhere in midweek showing a table without Ronaldo and United were 13th. Without De Gea, they would probably be Burnley...

Probably mid table overall then as they’d have had a different player playing instead of Ronaldo. So to simply remove his goals, as most of these comparisons do, would be false but he has shown his class by playing at his level whilst the rest of the team play at a level which could be described as being closer to a Sunday pub team.

Certainly plenty still in this for United 2nd half.

I hope to GHod, Arsenal are this shaky at the back against us, even Ramsdale is looking dodgy

I am still not sure whether I want an away win. I know it that would then mean just 4 wins out of 6 for us, but it would bring United back into it, meaning another team to worry about.
They do play Chelsea next, but after last the match I would not trust them to do us any favours in that game either.

So I am plumping for the draw as the best outcome

Yes, a draw might be best overall. But an Arsenal loss, after leading 2-0, would be a psychological blow which could help us further. United are flaky enough that I trust them to drop more points (i.e. the days when Ronaldo doesn't score a hattrick).

Yes, a draw might be best overall. But an Arsenal loss, after leading 2-0, would be a psychological blow which could help us further. United are flaky enough that I trust them to drop more points (i.e. the days when Ronaldo doesn't score a hattrick).

Agreed with Utd probably dropping more points. Its why I think a Utd win is the best result for us, though frankly would take either a draw or Utd win now

I want United to win. Wherever United finish, they’ll likely spend a LOT with the new manager, and they’re a club most players would like to play for especially with the excitement around the new manager.

If Arsenal get top 4, that could give them a larger boost comparatively. They could attract players that might not otherwise have been interested. And their fans won’t stop banging on about it all through the summer months into next season.

Plus United look more of a mess and I can’t see them picking up maximum points from their remaining matches. I could see Arsenal doing that, but a big hit in confidence from a United win could end that.

They finish Chelsea (h), Brentford (h), Brighton (a), Palace (a). So yes, definite room for dropping points, especially those 2 tricky away days

I want United to win. Wherever United finish, they’ll likely spend a LOT with the new manager, and they’re a club most players would like to play for especially with the excitement around the new manager.

If Arsenal get top 4, that could give them a larger boost comparatively. They could attract players that might not otherwise have been interested. And their fans won’t stop banging on about it all through the summer months into next season.

Plus United look more of a mess and I can’t see them picking up maximum points from their remaining matches. I could see Arsenal doing that, but a big hit in confidence from a United win could end that.

You're both bringing me round to a United win with convincing arguments. But need them to get this equaliser first, that's Step One

Back