• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

Martin Klam defending the footballing right to push opponents over on moral grounds.

Former Gunners defender Martin Keown on BT Sport thought it was unfair on Martinelli as he did not know he was going to be booked for the first foul.

He said: "It's within the laws of the game but I thought it was pedantic from the referee.

"There's a moral issue with what the referee has done. It doesn't feel sporting."

(BBC)

Seems Arteta is trying to replicate Wenger's early success.
I’m not surprised as Arteta has the whole squad looking stressed and wound up as tight as a drum and liable to loose it at any given moment. Arteta has mistaken lack of control as game intensity.

It’s cute that people on here think that criticising Arsenal’s disciplinary record is going to hit some kind of nerve.

“The three points were great and all, but man did our players look stressed and wound up” - Said no L’arse fan ever

Utd 1-0 up and it could easily be 3 already.

No surprise that Southampton are showing nowhere the levels of intensity, pressing or desire that they showed against us.

Given that they played 63 hours ago I’d imagine their game plan for today was different to Wednesday evening.

And added to that is the probability that Utd wouldn’t brick the bed in the way we do when put against a high press.

I think the most recent revision of the handball rules now allow it to come off the upper arm/sleeve without being penalised. Perhaps?
Yeah I think so, as long as it isn't intentionally or unnaturally moved onto the ball.

One of those that VAR wouldn't have overturned either way.

Back