• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

The PL really should have created a subscription style app years ago now. Can you imagine if they had all the games in a single location available to anyone/ anywhere in the world. Every household just paid the 9.99 or whatever Netflix style subscription.
They would have made a fortune already

The PL really should have created a subscription style app years ago now. Can you imagine if they had all the games in a single location available to anyone/ anywhere in the world. Every household just paid the 9.99 or whatever Netflix style subscription.
They would have made a fortune already
Yep £10 per PL game or maybe £300 for the whole season, HD quality too
So many would do it

I don’t really see why people are moaning about the £15 PPV

If you got a ST you would be paying £50 min

If you don’t you will just stream it as normal

Can’t complain the club isn’t spending on transfer and wages and complain they are looking at ways to raise money in the short fall.

Can’t complain the club isn’t spending on transfer and wages and complain they are looking at ways to raise money in the short fall.

I agree, seems reasonable to me.

Hopefully something that sticks around for the long term, maybe why the price is where it is now, test the water for the future.

The televised game blackouts always annoy me though. Nobody who has sky already cares that other people can watch those games on PPV and nobody is not going to sign up for Sky Sports because a sub set of games could be had elsewhere for more money. It's the same mess with NFL Gamepass and MLB at Bat as far as I know though.

It's a lot more than that when it is on top of Sky, BT and Amazon Prime. £15 is for one game, if you didn't have any games scheduled to be televised, you could be looking at quite a big bill over the month. I don't object to paying to watch Spurs but I think that a day pass is the wrong model and will drive people to streaming

It’s not too bad if you just watch Spurs games.
I like to watch different teams

I guess that’s covered by just sky or BT then, you have your basic package and then only pay for the extra games you want.

Same thing as if you were paying for tickets to go to a game, only a lot cheaper, a comfier seat, better beer and no muppets to deal with.

It’s very much a replacement for attending rather than an alternative to the subscription broadcasters.

It’s very much a replacement for attending rather than an alternative to the subscription broadcasters.

I don't think that televised games are a replacement for live games. I think that paying more for the additional games is fair enough but the price and model is wrong.

I don't think that televised games are a replacement for live games. I think that paying more for the additional games is fair enough but the price and model is wrong.
Its the powers that be being greedy as usual
The average person pays more than enough for Sky/BT etc

Its the powers that be being greedy as usual
The average person pays more than enough for Sky/BT etc

Evidently, the money is going to the clubs and Sky and BT aren't making anything extra.

It's fans of smaller clubs that I feel sorry for, their games are picked up for broadcast less, so will end up having to fork out more.

Evidently, the money is going to the clubs and Sky and BT aren't making anything extra.

It's fans of smaller clubs that I feel sorry for, their games are picked up for broadcast less, so will end up having to fork out more.

They’ve not lost anything though, it’s no harder than it was before, it’s a new option.

Back