• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

from what I’ve seen there is a stand out team, us

Everton aside, Jose has an answer for everything

We do look good but it’s far too early to get carried away. Same with Everton. Both of us should be challenging for top 4. Top 3 is a definite possibility if we don’t get killed by injuries again

So who will win the league this season?

Does not seem like one stand out team. Really wish we were not in the europa league this season.
Had a discussion with a few mates about this, and the conclusion was that we didn't come to a conclusion. I'm pretty certain that it won't be Liverpool, and it won't be Emirates Marketing Project either.
We just have to give it a real go, and see how it ends. As it is now, we're very much in it!

Unbelievable results. Had a feeling villa could get something after the way the other results panned out but no one saw that coming.

Do people still think grealish isn’t good enough for us?

Grealish has stepped up, no excuses but I think the extra season of development (last season) where they relied on him to save them, really helped ..

We missed out, but I think the team you really have to ask that question to is United, because the 70/80M is nothing money to them .. they should have done it.

Grealish has stepped up, no excuses but I think the extra season of development (last season) where they relied on him to save them, really helped ..

We missed out, but I think the team you really have to ask that question to is United, because the 70/80M is nothing money to them .. they should have done it.
I agree he has thrived with the responsibility. Some players like knowing they will always be the the outball and can also get things with enough credit in the bank to avoid the manager or team mates chastising then if it doesn’t come off. Looking at Soksjaers other signings I think he did want him, I get the impression United management want bigger names. I’d have even suggested his lockdown antics would be held against him, maybe they are worried he’ll be a bad influence on Greenwood :D

So, today all the talk is about Solskjær and united, but it's all so quiet about Klopp and Liverpool! Why?
United lost to a, let's be fair, superior team, a top 4 team. We're better than them, and united were lucky to finish 3rd last season.
Liverpool lost 7-2 to a side who avoided relegation on the final day! They have also shipped 11 goals in 4 games. Only West Brom have a worse defensive record! They also should have lost, or best case drawn with Leeds, shipping 3 goals at home to a newly promoted side.
But again, all so quiet. Hardly any negative talk, or any talk at all from the media.

So, today all the talk is about Solskjær and united, but it's all so quiet about Klopp and Liverpool! Why?
United lost to a, let's be fair, superior team, a top 4 team. We're better than them, and united were lucky to finish 3rd last season.
Liverpool lost 7-2 to a side who avoided relegation on the final day! They have also shipped 11 goals in 4 games. Only West Brom have a worse defensive record! They also should have lost, or best case drawn with Leeds, shipping 3 goals at home to a newly promoted side.
But again, all so quiet. Hardly any negative talk, or any talk at all from the media.

you answered your own question, the media are in thrall of them

Always have been and always will be the darlings of the media
Even though it was their fault they for getting English clubs banned from Europe and setting us back year

Be the change in the world you want to see. Write some bricky articles about how bad Liverpool were if it'll make you feel better!

Although the balance in criticism or lack thereof may have something to do with Liverpool having won the league and CL quite recently, you know, just generally being one of the best teams in the world and the thing is Kandi1997.....Utd haven't been doing great by their standards, it's been this whole decline thing since Fergie left, I have no idea if you've followed it but the defence has been a bit of an issue....Worth a look for the enjoyment factor, a real story for the ages.

So for one team, it was compounding the issue but the other, will most likely be a one off.

If Liverpool lose 7 - 2 again I reckon it'll come up in the press, I can only hope it'll be covered in a manner which is considered thorough enough by your standards. It's a huge shock result but swathes of people say it was coming due to Liverpool's high line etc etc wonder how many of those had money on it to go that way, such foresight must be lucrative.

Liverpool having won the league and CL quite recently, you know, just generally being one of the best teams in the world
That's the thing, they're supposed to be so great, and they were abysmal, and got hammered by relegation battlers! 11 vs 11. And they were very fortunate to win vs a newly promoted team. VERY lucky. And they got done the same way time and time again, and they didn't do ANYTHING about it, and plodded along the same way, and conceded a hatful in both those games. They were also tinkle poor in the league Cup game, albeit with a weakened team, but so was Arsenal. I find the lack of criticism staggering! If they're so great, the team and Klopp would and should be able to adjust. But they didn't or couldn't. That's not the sign of a great team or great manager. Conceding 7 goals vs relegation fodder is mind blowing!

That's the thing, they're supposed to be so great, and they were abysmal, and got hammered by relegation battlers! 11 vs 11. And they were very fortunate to win vs a newly promoted team. VERY lucky. And they got done the same way time and time again, and they didn't do ANYTHING about it, and plodded along the same way, and conceded a hatful in both those games. They were also tinkle poor in the league Cup game, albeit with a weakened team, but so was Arsenal. I find the lack of criticism staggering! If they're so great, the team and Klopp would and should be able to adjust. But they didn't or couldn't. That's not the sign of a great team or great manager. Conceding 7 goals vs relegation fodder is mind blowing!

If you're some kind of digital spy tasked with convincing me that it's not really worthwhile getting involved in discussions on here it's working, hats off. You're in the StephenH school of shockingly poor writing alongside having no point. Putting a word in caps has no effect on the meaning whatsoever and the exclamation mark will need years of therapy after being misused by you.

However if you're being earnest here, try to understand within yourself why you're actually complaining about Liverpool not getting enough criticism because there's clearly no fudging point anyone else trying to help you with that.

If you're some kind of digital spy tasked with convincing me that it's not really worthwhile getting involved in discussions on here it's working, hats off. You're in the StephenH school of shockingly poor writing alongside having no point. Putting a word in caps has no effect on the meaning whatsoever and the exclamation mark will need years of therapy after being misused by you.

However if you're being earnest here, try to understand within yourself why you're actually complaining about Liverpool not getting enough criticism because there's clearly no fudging point anyone else trying to help you with that.
And f off to you too, Mr. Know-it-all, who think you are above and better than everyone else. Jog on.

And f off to you too, Mr. Know-it-all, who think you are above and better than everyone else. Jog on.

Send me the missing pieces of journalism slagging off Liverpool once you're done, can't wait for the inspired content because you seem to have a real grip on the angle the media should take.

Hugs and kisses. Please take me back, I'm sorry I was mean about your punctuation, which clearly hit a nerve if you're going to trawl my posts for quirky uses of the squiggly symbols :D

Everyone agrees they were poor, but there's not much else to say really. They've been amazing over several years now. A couple of bad performances, one really bad result. What kind of backlash were you expecting?

I genuinely believe Klopp could get just about any job available in football if he was on the market now and for the foreseeable future.

What level job would OGS get if he was available? And he's the manager of Manchester United. It's hilarious or infuriating depending on who you support. Attacking him gets clicks, sells newspapers. Attacking Klopp doesn't to the same extent and most likely makes you look really silly a few weeks from now.

There are media entities that like to build up and sustain the images of people or organizations when they're on the way up. When things go bad, they'll kick them until they're lower than where they started.

Solskjaer and United look very vulnerable now and there were so many years, not so long ago, where merely asking a mildly critical question earned a banning from Fergie's fart catchers. So, I'm sure it's with great relish and glee that media members are hacking away at United.

Liverpool have built enough of a cushion of credibility and respect lately that the media kinda have an obligation to go easy for a bit. It's still early days in a strange season following another strange season where they won the big trophies, played hard, played the right way to do it. Not a shock if there's a bit of a letdown this season.

Mourinho is very much still a target for heavy media snipe-age should Spurs begin to falter steadily.

Premier League games not selected for broadcast in October will be available to fans on a pay-per-view basis.

The five fixtures per round not already picked to be shown live, will be available on BT Sport Box Office or Sky Sports Box Office, priced at £14.95.

Clubs have agreed this "interim solution" to allow fans to continue watching their team live.

The Premier League said it and its clubs "remain committed to the safe return of fans as soon as possible".

Football has been played behind closed doors since the coronavirus lockdown.

Former Manchester United and England right-back Gary Neville, now a television pundit, said on social media it was a "really bad move" by the Premier League.

The Premier League and UK government had hoped to bring fans back into stadiums from 1 October but those plans were scrapped following an increase in coronavirus cases

Premier League games not selected for broadcast in October will be available to fans on a pay-per-view basis.

The five fixtures per round not already picked to be shown live, will be available on BT Sport Box Office or Sky Sports Box Office, priced at £14.95.

Clubs have agreed this "interim solution" to allow fans to continue watching their team live.

The Premier League said it and its clubs "remain committed to the safe return of fans as soon as possible".

Football has been played behind closed doors since the coronavirus lockdown.

Former Manchester United and England right-back Gary Neville, now a television pundit, said on social media it was a "really bad move" by the Premier League.

The Premier League and UK government had hoped to bring fans back into stadiums from 1 October but those plans were scrapped following an increase in coronavirus cases

Crazy. I don't want to pay extra to see all of the games in a day but probably would for all of our fixtures over a month.

Back