• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

Last time they had to abandon a season (1939) there was no winner because the season couldn't be completed.

As that's the only precedent, it's the one that should be followed.
If they cancel the season now, they can't declare a winner or relegate teams. The preset conditions for a season, 38 games, are not fulfilled, and I recon clubs getting relegated might sue the PL/FA. Likewise, the title "race" isn't done either, so no winner can be named.

They have options like putting in play offs behind closed doors at neutral venues but that’s bloody complicated

ultimately all the have beeb worried about to date is £££

They have options like putting in play offs behind closed doors at neutral venues but that’s bloody complicated ultimately all the have beeb worried about to date is £££

"...at neutral venues...".

And where do you suggest they should go. This is now a global pandemic. There are no safe spots.

Pray for Liverpool.

The municipality, of course.

It's the club's supporters who will be the ones tearing the town apart when they hear - and have someone explain the meaning of - the words 'null and void'.

Now, it hits Chelsea. Callum Hudson-Odoi.

tumblr_nvka7e6AmH1uxpv1ro1_r1_400.gifv

They're not just going to scrap the season. Results will be as stands.
City, Utd (and to a lesser extent) Bournemouth, Villa & Norwich would take them for a fortune in court if they did.

The league has precedent, it's from 1939 and it's the only related case. That season was voided because it couldn't be completed. Not following precedent would open the PL and the FA to endless lawsuits, and I bet City & Utd have significantly better lawyers than they do.

City, Utd (and to a lesser extent) Bournemouth, Villa & Norwich would take them for a fortune in court if they did.

The league has precedent, it's from 1939 and it's the only related case. That season was voided because it couldn't be completed. Not following precedent would open the PL and the FA to endless lawsuits, and I bet City & Utd have significantly better lawyers than they do.

The argument against that could be, that was the F A, this will be the PL.
Two different organisations.
I hope your right, first time for everything I suppose :p, but it will get very messy.
Which truth be told will be more entertaining and enjoyable than watching the rest of this brick season.

At the very least suspend the season for a couple of weeks now while Liverpool still haven't won it just for the angst it will cause.

Best case scenario the season is voided.

They still need six wins from nine to reach 100 points (which they'll definitely never stop talking about). The disruption of of a break could be enough or better yet there won't be time to complete the season.

The only way I see a different outcome is if the PL chairmen vote for one.

I'm guessing the PL will suspend the season for a few weeks but ultimately it will be voided and Liverpool will be granted the title as a gesture by the other clubs but in the history books there will be an asterisk next to their title win

I'm guessing the PL will suspend the season for a few weeks but ultimately it will be voided and Liverpool will be granted the title as a gesture by the other clubs but in the history books there will be an asterisk next to their title win
PL winners:
2019/20 Almost Liverpool

It's looking likely that the euros could be moved to next year. That would free up some weeks for games to be played when the weather is warmer and viruses usually go away.

The argument against that could be, that was the F A, this will be the PL.
Two different organisations.
I hope your right, first time for everything I suppose :p, but it will get very messy.
Which truth be told will be more entertaining and enjoyable than watching the rest of this brick season.
There's some mileage in that, although the PL still works within the confines of the FA's authority I believe.

Back