• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

I think they will try to save face and give him all of next season, but if he does not make top 4 he will be out the door.

What they need to do is give him 3 years, get rid of the players with bad attitudes and get in players he wants.

Ah yeah they have to give him a chance even if he is blatantly a terrible choice. Sack him now and Woodward would have to fall on his sword you’d imagine.

But he won’t last next season. If he is there this time next year, I’ll wear your jean shorts to a game next season.

That's why OGS was the wrong appointment. He is just not up to these big games. He has a team containing De Gea, Pogba, Mata, Lukaku, Martial, Sanchez and can only muster one shot on target and it looks like we will finish above them as well as having gone further in the Champions League. Shows you how much we have overachieved, given the circumstances of our season.

Brilliant from Wolves, have to love the way they go about it. So many good players. Would love Ruben Neves and Raul Jimenez in our side.

Don't really care about the Manc derby, just glad United are still cut adrift from us on the table after that.

Can't be happy about City winning after the carry on in the three games against us. Hate Pep and those niggly clams he puts out.

That's why OGS was the wrong appointment. He is just not up to these big games. He has a team containing De Gea, Pogba, Mata, Lukaku, Martial, Sanchez and can only muster one shot on target and it looks like we will finish above them as well as having gone further in the Champions League. Shows you how much we have overachieved, given the circumstances of our season.

I don't think that you can blame OGS for tonight's result. Most of the players that you mention are just not good/motivated enough and have gone there for the money. It is going to take four windows to sell and replace these and the rest of the deadwood.

Poch is a defender by trade. He's also open to learning. But yeah I don't think he's developed that side of our game - how to create angles to work the ball in attacking wide areas to get in behind. There was a game last season following a wham defeat, where we clearly zipped our passes around at double the speed. It was a reaction to our slow passing vs wham. It was refreshing. I don't know why Poch doesn't permanently push the team to up their passing speed and accuracy. That game showed we can do it.

The final difference is the clinical attacking men tality that city developed over 2 years. Guardiola was frustrated it took him so long to change, but attacking is a science, create the space, work the ball, and be clinical finishing.

Sure city have the players. Poch sets us up to play to our strengths, but one of Poch's greatest strengths is his openess to learn and develop. And there are areas he can develop.
A lot of City's attacking play is a carbon copy of the La Masia drills that fed the great Barca team of a few years ago. The similarities in patterns of play are striking. I know this as I tried to copy them when I was coaching myself (to limited effect :().
But these drills are not Guardiola's brainchild, nor indeed were they spawned in the Barca academy. They may have been perfected there but this style was given birth in the Ajax academy and transplanted to Barca when Cryuff arrived. Guardiola picked this up and added his defensive nous to that Barca setup when he was the manager. All we are seeing now is a copy of that with a few tweaks.

Last edited:
City - 89pts
Pool - 88pts

Same games played.

Title race fixtures:
Fri 26/04 Liverpool v Huddersfield
Sun 28/04 Burnley v City

Wed 01/05 Barca v Liverpool

Sat 04/05 Saudi Sportswashing Machine v Liverpool
Mon 06/05 City v Leicester

Tues 07/05 Liverpool v Barca

Sun 12/05 Brighton v City
Sun 12/05 Liverpool v Wolves

Sat 18/05 FA CUP FINAL City v Watford

Cant help feeling Liverpool have a tougher run of league fixtures, and that the Barca games will screw them up.

City have a week or more to prepare for 3 very winable games.

Liverpool are on a run of game +5 days to next game +3 +3 +5. In which, apart from Barca taking it out of them, both Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Wolves present very possible banana skins.

In fact, if City win against Burnley and Leicester (fully expected), I would assume Liverpool will smash Huddersfield - but a loss at Saudi Sportswashing Machine would mean they lose the title.

Which is quite possible considering they will be managing their squad between Barca games.

I think the Liverpool league games are slightly easier. Both have to be hot favourites for their home games and Burnley is a tougher place to visit than Saudi Sportswashing Machine (although Rafa might have a say). The difference is the overall schedule. Liverpool can rotate the midfield, but they need their defensive and front lines in all the games. A bad loss in Barcelona could also affect them badly.

It would be funny if City slip up and then Wolves get something at Anfield

I think the Liverpool league games are slightly easier. Both have to be hot favourites for their home games and Burnley is a tougher place to visit than Saudi Sportswashing Machine (although Rafa might have a say). The difference is the overall schedule. Liverpool can rotate the midfield, but they need their defensive and front lines in all the games. A bad loss in Barcelona could also affect them badly.

It would be funny if City slip up and then Wolves get something at Anfield

Be even funnier if City slip and Rafa denies the Bindippers. Supporting United last night was tough enough for them, I could see them exploding if Rafa cost them the league.

Be even funnier if City slip and Rafa denies the Bindippers. Supporting United last night was tough enough for them, I could see them exploding if Rafa cost them the league.
Brendan Rodgers' Leicester doing them a favour is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Back