• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

Strange weekend. Started off badly with the bad loss to Burnley. Ended brilliantly with flaming pitchforks out all over the top six. Chelsea going to OT and pens and losing (!) plus having the manager and GK get into a bizarre contretemps.

United holding Livvapewwwl to a Pyrrhic draw. Key players gimpy by halftime, Rashford forced to hobble the full game. They have to reload for an away game Wed. to Palace (who'll have their tails up after their weekend win). C'mon WOY!! Livvapewwwl lose Firmino and have to be feeling the effects of a very nasty match. It won't get any easier on their aching bits. They host the gamboling beasts of Watford on Wed.

We may not be in a position to contend for the title anymore, but this result will wind in the necks of the Livvapewwwl mob and at least offer us the consolation of a less rabid media.

Being extended to the max by Chelsea, City have their own set of wild beasts to contend with in the visit of West Ham. They'll be feeling good about themselves after that win over mighty Fulham and can - hopefully, prayerfully - offer City a decent match.

As for Chelsea, what can one say? Prolonged stress via ET and an in-house schit fit to contend with. Hard to imagine us - motivated to make up for a poor showing - going to SB under more ideal conditions.

We are left to imagine what a wonderful weekend it would have been had we taken 3 points out of Turf Moor.

Thankfully, the gap to Arsewipes remains a generous one. We need to ensure it remains so thru this week.
It funny how all you describe actually made me a little more annoyed with the Burnley result, as issues/injuries were loaded on to our rivals, just as it appears we are coming out of an injury cycle.

Fernandino and Laporte are major players for City and they must have fixture congestion ahead?

It's frustrating as those other things should have (and may still) helped us be serious contenders.

We made Burnley look like world beaters last Saturday.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine have made them look very very poor!
A little embarrassing and worrying in equal measure!

Brighton must be very very happy the bottom 3/4 are woeful

Said to one of my friends who is a season ticket holder that they are lucky the are 3 worse teams in the league then them. He is not so sure.

Fancy them to get to a semi final though.

The way it is going they might make a change in the summer and Hughton will have to hang about for his dream job which from what I have been told is managing Ireland.

Said to one of my friends who is a season ticket holder that they are lucky the are 3 worse teams in the league then them. He is not so sure.

Fancy them to get to a semi final though.

The way it is going they might make a change in the summer and Hughton will have to hang about for his dream job which from what I have been told is managing Ireland.
Cup final and relegation for them I think

We made Burnley look like world beaters last Saturday.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine have made them look very very poor!
A little embarrassing and worrying in equal measure!
They didn't look anything like world beaters. They were at home, and played with 11 behind the ball, defending like mad men, going for a draw at home, hoping for a win. They fancied their chances vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and got beaten, because they didn't approach the game in the same way.
Proves that they are a brick footballing team, but brilliant at defending and kicking the brick out of teams. That's all they can do.
As soon as they try to play, they get beaten.

Cup final and relegation for them I think

There form is very worrying but they are not playing all that bad, there goal difference is worth another point. I think the are 3 worse teams in the league but one team seems to drop every year.

I go out to the Amex a few times a year when friends have a ticket going. Brighton are one hell of a boring team and despite spending millions on the training ground they have not produced any players from the youth system, Dunk and March being at the club before the training ground was built.

They didn't look anything like world beaters. They were at home, and played with 11 behind the ball, defending like mad men, going for a draw at home, hoping for a win. They fancied their chances vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and got beaten, because they didn't approach the game in the same way.
Proves that they are a brick footballing team, but brilliant at defending and kicking the brick out of teams. That's all they can do.
As soon as they try to play, they get beaten.

The are results like that in every league in Europe, I have seen Madrid, Juventus etc come a cropper to such tactics over the years.

83 all over again.

They wont go down, nothing to do with them though.

CH is a very good champ manager, very poor PL manager.

What rubbish!! What do you expect him to do with this Brighton side? What did you expect from the Saudi Sportswashing Machine side that he had comfortably safe before they sacked him and they then went in to freefall?

This is about the only time he’s actually struggled in the Prem to be honest and it’s not over yet.

What rubbish!! What do you expect him to do with this Brighton side? What did you expect from the Saudi Sportswashing Machine side that he had comfortably safe before they sacked him and they then went in to freefall?

This is about the only time he’s actually struggled in the Prem to be honest and it’s not over yet.

He took Norwich down, I would class that as struggling.

They spent a lot in the summer and dont even play the Jahanbakhsh, his style of play is overly defensive whilst staying stubborn with the system and starting line up.

So it is far from "rubbish"

They have not won a game since Dec in the league.

He took Norwich down, I would class that as struggling.

They spent a lot in the summer and dont even play the Jahanbakhsh, his style of play is overly defensive whilst staying stubborn with the system and starting line up.

So it is far from "rubbish"

They have not won a game since Dec in the league.
Tbf i forgot about Norwich!

Still, Norwich and Brighton were nailed on favorites to go down when they came up. To the same extent Rafa took Saudi Sportswashing Machine down and has struggled (been outperformed) by Hughton in the past 2 seasons, it’s only this past week he’s managed to get above him. Despite all the belly aching the squad Rafa took over and the resources they have are far more than Hughton has had to play with.

Like I said I’m not sure what you expect from the clubs he’s managed? Maybe he’s a victim of his own success last season?

Tbf i forgot about Norwich!

Still, Norwich and Brighton were nailed on favorites to go down when they came up. To the same extent Rafa took Saudi Sportswashing Machine down and has struggled (been outperformed) by Hughton in the past 2 seasons, it’s only this past week he’s managed to get above him. Despite all the belly aching the squad Rafa took over and the resources they have are far more than Hughton has had to play with.

Like I said I’m not sure what you expect from the clubs he’s managed? Maybe he’s a victim of his own success last season?

Norwich finished midtable the season before, so I am not sure that is the case - they then spent money on players like Wolfswinkle and it went wrong.

Maybe he cant manager higher profile players.

Brighton's squad isn't last league win in Dec bad - They have a very good keeper/CB pairing - proper and Gross are good players among others.

He never really plays Andone and sticks with Murray.

Id say its mostly this.

They are a solid and unspectacular side, quite boring, which is about the best they could realistically be given their resources.

That shouldnt detract from the remarkable achievement of BRIGHTON establishing themselves in the premier league.

Just checked re his time with Norwich, in his first season he got them placed 1 PL place higher than the previous season and then he was sacked at the start of April the next year with them 5 points above the relegation zone, yet they eventually went down that season.

Doesn’t sound too bad?

Back