• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

It was a good game. Not so much in attack, but the tactical battle was immense. Fernandinho MOM for me, City would have been in even bigger trouble without him. The game was won on brief moments of individual brilliance and quality finishes. Liverpool's finishing was a few percent worse than City's and that determined the outcome. Mane's finish hits the post and Sane's also hits the post, but ends up in the net.

It was a good game. Not so much in attack, but the tactical battle was immense. Fernandinho MOM for me, City would have been in even bigger trouble without him. The game was won on brief moments of individual brilliance and quality finishes. Liverpool's finishing was a few percent worse than City's and that determined the outcome. Mane's finish hits the post and Sane's also hits the post, but ends up in the net.
It certainly wasn’t boring and I enjoyed it but when they say best game of the season I’d say it’s comparable to Watford Bournemouth just with more at stake and bigger reputations.

City missed de Bruyne who is a different class but you’re right Fernandinho is still key for them, along with Kompany and Aguero who despite a poor 2nd half got a goal out of very little at a good time.

I don’t see Pep adequately replacing those type of players and a lot like the idealistic Wenger will probably being in 3 5ft 8 technical midfielders instead.

Said it twice already, poor game. Both looked shakey defensively and could barely keep the ball.

We should be encouraged.

We look shaky ourselves at the back. Going forward we don’t have any glaring issues but we need to be much, much better defensively if we are to serious challenge for the title.

Emirates Marketing Project deserved it without dominating. Other than the chance Mane hit the post with and the scuff shot Salah had Liverpool didn’t create too much. They’ve had the rub of the green in the other big games they’ve had but they didn’t tonight. Still think it will be between those two for the title but at least Liverpool have lost a game.

We look shaky ourselves at the back. Going forward we don’t have any glaring issues but we need to be much, much better defensively if we are to serious challenge for the title.
Agreed. If we can get Jan and Toby together regularly and a run of games from Rose that would help, plus we have Dier to come back (dembele or Wanyama feels too much to ask for)

Back