• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2017/18 Premier League Thread

This is going wrong. At least the players must realize the seriousness of the situation now, but it's difficult to turn things around when you've already switched off. And the problem could now turn from complacency to nerves.

As soon as that West Brom goal went in yesterday I knew Chelsea were winning this. Some sides appear to have the ability to focus on what they're supposed to be doing and get the job done. Meanwhile, we will sleep-walk into our final two games looking like we're expecting no opposition, play like drunks and look amazed when they seem to have changed out of their swimwear and their flip-flops and want to try. No way we'll earn another 4 points IMO, never mind 6. We're finishing 5th.

As soon as that West Brom goal went in yesterday I knew Chelsea were winning this. Some sides appear to have the ability to focus on what they're supposed to be doing and get the job done. Meanwhile, we will sleep-walk into our final two games looking like we're expecting no opposition, play like drunks and look amazed when they seem to have changed out of their swimwear and their flip-flops and want to try. No way we'll earn another 4 points IMO, never mind 6. We're finishing 5th.

Chelsea have no pressure and nothing to lose
Everything for them is a gain now

It's not over yet. If we can't muster up enough enthusiasm to get four points against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leicester at home, then we probably don't deserve that spot. I think we'll be able rally and go out strongly against Saudi Sportswashing Machine though, get an early goal and keep going. I just hope the crowd isn't as negative as a lot in here (although I suspect they will be). The lads will need everyone's support come Wednesday. Then, we'll get a chance to stuff Leicester one more time for their lucky run two years ago. We'll do it. I know the old Spurs mantra is we'll fudge it up, but I think we'll do it. Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leicester at home ffs, no excuses, just fudging get going and stuff them.

Yeh fcuk it why moan about something that hasn’t happened yet and is ultimately out of our control. I know I’m a negative fcuk but let’s just forgetttt abooooooud it, until it does or doesn’t happen let’s just enjoy the rest of the BH and Real Barcelona game which doesn’t have any importance to us!

Yeh fcuk it why moan about something that hasn’t happened yet and is ultimately out of our control. I know I’m a negative fcuk but let’s just forgetttt abooooooud it, until it does or doesn’t happen let’s just enjoy the rest of the BH and Real Barcelona game which doesn’t have any importance to us!

Majority know what's coming. Best to prepare for it.

I remember lasagna. Arsenal were about to move into the Emirates. Complete disaster if they didn't secure CL.

Boot on the other foot now.

We are about to move into a new stadium. Desperate for CL for both footballing reasons and financial ones.

Bet we don't get the luck they did

They are HAVING to win every game as they had a 10 point gap to close. That’s massive pressure for a club who have higher expectations than us.

They are HAVING to win every game as they had a 10 point gap to close. That’s massive pressure for a club who have higher expectations than us.

No one expected them to get top 4 from that position hence why no pressure.

Now their two points off and have a game in hand on Pool the pressure is on

There's 5 games left to decide the CL places, I reckon 3 of them will result in us, Chelsea or Liverpool dropping points.

So 3rd is still on?

If we win both our games, it's guaranteed, even if Liverpool win their remaining game.
(In fact 2nd is mathematically possible but realistically impossible).

If we take 4 points, and Liverpool beat Brighton, it would go to GD - Liverpool currently +6 on us.

Back