• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

I'm torn on this. I actually think Arsenal have a better chance in a CL quali than Liverpool. Arse always get a lucky draw. So pool in 4th and crashing out in the quali, goons with Thursday night football.

Wenger is most likely staying, thus guaranteeing that Arsenal won't improve next season. Liverpool are overspending on wages in order for the few decent players they have to stay there. We could really do without them getting an influx of cash.
I suppose but maybe they'll end up in turmoil for a few seasons, like ManUre... meanwhile the Dippers have a crap co-efficient from doing nowt in Europe for years on end, so might lose their qualifier and end up playing Thursday night football alongside the Goons :D

Yeah I think so. I want to see the Gooner match day loyalty at the Emirates put to the test versus the Metalists, the Torpedoes, the Gorniks, etc.

Be lucky to get 40,000. Don't let their attendance figures fool you, there's no way they 60,000 turn up every week, they haven't had that figure on a regular basis for years. They count the ST holders as attended even if they don't show up, I imagine every club does. Just by looking at the number of empty seats in their stadium on a weekly basis, I'd say they don't get more than 55,000 a week. Obviously they would fill it for us and Chelsea and big CL games.

yeah, but not as much fun as the dippers missing out, again

Outside of London, they're probably the club I've disliked the most as I find their fans and the media fawning over the club as a whole, annoying.

But I still think you've not thought this through as we're talking about Arsenal here, our local rivals and the possibility of them celebrating an FA Cup and CL qualification double season, something they've managed quite a few times already.

Then there's the Gooner clams Henry, Smith, Keown, Merson, Quinn.

Yet your hatred for the dippers overrides this, why? :confused:

Be lucky to get 40,000. Don't let their attendance figures fool you, there's no way they 60,000 turn up every week, they haven't had that figure on a regular basis for years. They count the ST holders as attended even if they don't show up, I imagine every club does. Just by looking at the number of empty seats in their stadium on a weekly basis, I'd say they don't get more than 55,000 a week. Obviously they would fill it for us and Chelsea and big CL games.

Them group games are the killer. I think we will see plenty red seats everywhere and it'll be live on TV.

Have some of that.

Outside of London, they're probably the club I've disliked the most as I find their fans and the media fawning over the club as a whole, annoying.

But I still think you've not thought this through as we're talking about Arsenal here, our local rivals and the possibility of them celebrating an FA Cup and CL qualification double season, something they've managed quite a few times already.

Surely that just continues the malaise, wenger will stay and the inevitable fall gets bigger, it does nothing for arsenal.

Missing out holds the dippers back.

Them group games are the killer. I think we will see plenty red seats everywhere and it'll be live on TV.

Have some of that.

You have to have lived in a town full of them for your entire life to truly understand how clamish they are. I live in Hertfordshire, it's predominantly Spurs and Arsenal fans with the unhealthy number of United, Chelsea and Liverpool fans too.

Liverpool don't have a St Totteringhams Day the last time I checked.

Surely that just continues the malaise, wenger will stay and the inevitable fall gets bigger, it does nothing for arsenal.

Missing out holds the dippers back.

I always fancy that Liverpool will trip themselves up regardless.

But this thing, the Wenger malaise. He could get replaced and their situation nosedives with their new appointment.

Dealing with the here and now ... Arse getting CL instead of EL is not good, it just isn't and I'm finding it difficult to get my head around it, that a fellow Spur does not see it.

You have to have lived in a town full of them for your entire life to truly understand how clamish they are. I live in Hertfordshire, it's predominantly Spurs and Arsenal fans with the unhealthy number of United, Chelsea and Liverpool fans too.

Liverpool don't have a St Totteringhams Day the last time I checked.

Likewise.

I'd say with extended family ( no thanks to my two sisters for marrying Goons :mad::D ), friends and acquaintances the numbers are pretty high, at least thirty. I know for sure, that many of them were in heaven when Hazard's shot flew into Hugo's goal at the Battle of the Bridge last season. Their happiness were also there to be seen when we lost to Chelsea in the semi and to the Spammers last Friday.

I know a couple of Liverpool fans and one's an anyone but Chelsea.

Easy choice for me.

Ignoring which club one dislikes the most, Liverpool missing out is the better outcome for Spurs. We are closing in on their income and might overtake them when the stadium opens. If they get CL money that becomes harder and they could attract some better players. Arsenal have Wenger holding them back regardless of how much money they have to spend.

We don't

Lots of clubs don't

It's sides who make up theor numbers like City's and Arsenal that do for differing reasons (city to pretend to have a big fan base and Arsenal to pretend their fans are happy)

Back