• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Man Utd drop points, Liverpool drop points, Arsenal drop points, West Ham drop points. Southampton win but at the expense of Arsenal losing so who cares.

Just a shame we have Chelsea this gameweek. COYS!!

Turns out to be the perfect week to climb the table after all ;)

Everton lose again .. the Martinez hoax continues to be exposed ..

@SimonGleave: Everton threatening to have the profile of Wigan in Roberto Martinez's last season there: h/t @cchappas
B6SxVhZCAAAzBIi.png

I do like Everton, and Everton fans generally, but all that bleating about how much happier they were under Martinez as opposed to Moyes as the football was prettier and the points don't really matter irked me

[tweet]342297730976206848[/tweet]

The tide seems to be turning. While they agree that the Moyes era had run its course, the football wasn't that bad after all.

Firs real bit of pressure on Martinez in the PL. Didn't the Wigan chairman essentially say that he would never sack him even if relegated?

Will be interesting to see how he responds. Still think he's a talented manager, but he needs to figure this out rather quickly I think. Defensively it's a real worry for them as I think the problems they're seeing are similar to what Wigan had under Martinez and his record in the transfer market at the Everton level is still somewhat suspect at best.

Will probably turn it around to a mid-table-ish finish and get well into next season, Kenwright seems fairly patient and he gained some trust last season.

Anyone else think it might be an interesting couple of months coming up for Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

Steven Taylor out for the season (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30653230), Tiote leaving for the ACON, Pardew gone. Owner that's a bit... quaint, might find it hard to attract the manager they'd like.

10 points above the drop now and on 27 they probably only need somewhere between another 10 and 13 to be safe. If any club could do it though...

(Watch them go on one hell of a run now)

What does everyone think about the Lampard saga? Funny to see Chelsea fans turning against him from our POV but you've gotta feel for the American fans and broken promises.

Could you imagine if a last day goal from Lampard pipped Chelsea to the title?

Agreed. It was always too much of a coincidence that Lampard signed for a club owned by Emirates Marketing Project. I'm not sure they save too much money for FFP purposes, given they have to pay his wages and he was a free transfer, but they avoided the acrimony of a direct move and might have been able to use accounting tricks for a few million in signing on and agent fees.

Just seen highlights from Emirates Marketing Project v Sunderland, as usual the stadium was empty, I just find it so amusing they are making the stadium bigger, it will be emptier than the Olympic Stadium when West Ham start playing there

Agreed. It was always too much of a coincidence that Lampard signed for a club owned by Emirates Marketing Project. I'm not sure they save too much money for FFP purposes, given they have to pay his wages and he was a free transfer, but they avoided the acrimony of a direct move and might have been able to use accounting tricks for a few million in signing on and agent fees.

I bet New York are paying his wages

What does everyone think about the Lampard saga? Funny to see Chelsea fans turning against him from our POV but you've gotta feel for the American fans and broken promises.

Could you imagine if a last day goal from Lampard pipped Chelsea to the title?

Can't defend it at all. Feel sorry for the NYCFC fans, they have ever right to be angry at what has gone on.

Maybe if they look how irate it's making Chelsea fans, it might make them feel a little better. I take it that, no matter how much you dislike City, everyone is hoping for Frank to score the winner at Stamford Bridge?

Can't defend it at all. Feel sorry for the NYCFC fans, they have ever right to be angry at what has gone on.

Maybe if they look how irate it's making Chelsea fans, it might make them feel a little better. I take it that, no matter how much you dislike City, everyone is hoping for Frank to score the winner at Stamford Bridge?

It would certainly bring a smile to my face yes :)

Back