• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

I do find it funny that most laughing at Bale are the same guys giving lamela a break because he's in a new country learning a new language.

Bale subbed after 60 minutes :ross:

Being generous, I'd say that he is still working his way to fitness...being honest, I'd say that anyone paying 100 million is entitled to deserve more for their money...that Madrid don't know what to do with him...that he is wasted...

Still. The by can enjoy watching his favorite team from the bench, pwoppa fan-like!!!!

I do find it funny that most laughing at Bale are the same guys giving lamela a break because he's in a new country learning a new language.

They are?

I want us to give Lamela time to prove himself and not just throw him out there because we paid a lot of money for him. Bale, on the other hand, I will take a lot of pleasure from watching fail. Even more so because it's Real Madrid.

oh dear...really? Can you not see the difference? Let me start explaining mate...three years. You know what I mean there, right?

They are?

I want us to give Lamela time to prove himself and not just throw him out there because we paid a lot of money for him. Bale, on the other hand, I will take a lot of pleasure from watching fail. Even more so because it's Real Madrid.

Plus Lamela hasn't even started a league match yet. What can you really prove playing against the likes of Sheriff? He needs to do better but he can't do much from the bench.

Actually Mumorn, I fond it amusing that you would compare the two situations. Why don't you explain the similarities for us?

oh dear...really? Can you not see the difference? Let me start explaining mate...three years. You know what I mean there, right?

age shouldnt mean a thing.

Bale cost £80m, people are laughing because he has struggled for game time at Madrid (mostly down to injury), getting benched in games, failing to produce heroics likes he did here.

Lamela cost £30m, people saying it's fine, can't speak the language, he'll come good in the end.

I know Lamela will come good, I've seen him about 50 times. Will he be the type of guy to win games for us constantly like Bale did? **** no, he'll never reach Bales level of last year and it's rare we'll see someone do such a thing, but Lamela will give us solid performances, won't beat 3 men with pace like Bale would do, but he slows the game down to his level, will beat a man with skill and score the occasional screamer.

But I will not ever want Bale to fail. He was a pleasure to watch and the best footballer I have seen play for Spurs in my lifetime. too young to see Gazza etc. To want him to fail is pathetic, do I condone his actions on missing training etc. Not at all, we have no idea what happened, Bale probably didnt even know what was happening, someone in the back may have said he'll have his move (but we didnt want to sell until we got our signings in), and Bale was just frustrated that late into the window he was STILL at Spurs when told otherwise? I don't know.

Lamela had a pre-season, Bale hasn't.

Plus Lamela hasn't even started a league match yet. What can you really prove playing against the likes of Sheriff? He needs to do better but he can't do much from the bench.

He can prove why he deserves a starting place? Like the likes of Sandro did in the earlier games in the competition.

Back