• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

I remember when people thought Bale was actually on Ronaldo and Messi level. I wonder where they are now

I don't know what it is but I always find Spanish football strangely unsatisfying. For all the skill on show it just always seems static, or maybe "zonal" with rigid patterns around the pitch.

Gareth Bale...welcome to the most over-rated, drama-queen, ego-driven league in world football. That booking for the Pique incident just summed up why La Liga is such an overrated league.

You look at the bloke and you genuinely wish that if he had to go anywhere, he'd have gone to Bayern or the Bundesliga where he most certainly might've enjoyed his life more. Honestly, and it IS early doors so things MIGHT turnaround for him in the next 6 months, but the whole thing looks like one massive miss-match.

It also hurts to see Modric reduced to this...

I remember when people thought Bale was actually on Ronaldo and Messi level. I wonder where they are now

I think with the right coaching and the right situation he absolutely could be. he had the ideal set-up with us. A coaching staff committed to developing him even further into an even better player. He is now in the lion's den where nurturing is not part of the deal (frankly for 100 million quid I get that!) and politics rule the waves. You need big big balls. Talent and potential isn't enough. Bale is not one of those 'characters'...

I think with the right coaching and the right situation he absolutely could be. he had the ideal set-up with us. A coaching staff committed to developing him even further into an even better player. He is now in the lion's den where nurturing is not part of the deal (frankly for 100 million quid I get that!) and politics rule the waves. You need big big balls. Talent and potential isn't enough. Bale is not one of those 'characters'...

no, he just can't be. He has great attributes to have about him, he is powerful, has a great shot on him, but his close touch control is poor compared to those two, i dont think he is the best one touch passer etc. when I see Ronaldo, I can imagine him doing anything in any situation, same with Messi, but when I see Bale? not really. He can train all he likes but I'd be amazed if he ever tops a season like he had last year with us.

Gareth Bale...welcome to the most over-rated, drama-queen, ego-driven league in world football. That booking for the Pique incident just summed up why La Liga is such an overrated league.

You look at the bloke and you genuinely wish that if he had to go anywhere, he'd have gone to Bayern or the Bundesliga where he most certainly might've enjoyed his life more. Honestly, and it IS early doors so things MIGHT turnaround for him in the next 6 months, but the whole thing looks like one massive miss-match.

It also hurts to see Modric reduced to this...

I'd still say it's better than the Premier League despite some of the antics.

Bayern Munich are a better team though, whether he would have played every week is up for debate.

And I hope Modric wins nothing for Madrid.

I don't think he ever will be at that level. Those two are on their own planet from everybody else. Bale's game is about power and pace, he's not as skillful as Ronaldo or Messi.

At this point he's not mentally tough enough, but then again I never expected him to go AWOL from training so he clearly does have a ruthless streak in him. Even though he no doubt had advice from agents and Madrid, HE and he alone still had to make the decision to play virtually no part in Spurs pre season.

Real Madrid need someone like Sandro in their team. Khedira and Modric are superb players but neither are proper ball winners.

Oh the officiating is simply awful. Not this specific ref's fault because the culture is just set up all wrong. Fundamentally dishonest.

no, he just can't be. He has great attributes to have about him, he is powerful, has a great shot on him, but his close touch control is poor compared to those two, i dont think he is the best one touch passer etc. when I see Ronaldo, I can imagine him doing anything in any situation, same with Messi, but when I see Bale? not really. He can train all he likes but I'd be amazed if he ever tops a season like he had last year with us.

Well it's very hard to disagree with that specific comment. Last season was just one of those seasons you rarely see for a player.

But I think with confidence, Bale on the ball can create magic...the one thing which, for me, puts Ronaldo above Messi is the fact he's done it in the Prem and he does it in La Liga, two very different leagues and styles; I think Messi would take time to adapt to the Prem personally...but what they both have are balls. I just don't think Bale believe it enough to walk the walk there. He has the potential, but...

BTW, they need to leave him on for the whole game here as he WILL get more as the game drags on.

Back