• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Reality check for Arsenal this evening. You only judge a team once you've seen them lose. It's all rosy at the minute but let's see how they emerge from a difficult patch.

Still reckon the entire spine (Keeper, CB, ball winner and a forward) of their team needs replacing/upgrading if they want to challenge for major honours.

Would now be even funnier if Arsenal screw up further by dropping points at Palace. Let's hope that tonight's defeat dented their confidence.

The side was playing with so much swagger that that defeat has to hurt, right?
Unfortunately I think this is the perfect fixture for them after that defeat. Palace are fast becoming PL whipping boys and who better to meet to give your confidence a boost. Now if they were to drop points against Palace, that would be a different story entirely.

Arsenal lose and Ramsey was **** again. All is right with the world again

I'd probably prefer Arsenal go through in second place. Don't want them in the Europa. Then hopefully go out to Barca or Bayern

Screw that. I've had enough of saying "hope they go through so they have more games" etc after the Chelsea CL win. Could care less if they're in the Europa.

I thought Dormtund controlled most of the 1st half until Weidenfeller ****ed up. Scum had a good spell in 2nd half but Dortmund deserved a point at the very least.

Too bad you have to play teams a little better than Norwich in the Champions League.

Is Ramsay still the best midfielder in the World? Are Arsenal still known as the Harlem Globetrotters??

I made a bet with a Gooner earlier today and said i'd buy him lunch if they were still top of the PL after the end of their game at Old Trafford.

Shall I start saving now...?8-[

Reality check for Arsenal this evening. You only judge a team once you've seen them lose. It's all rosy at the minute but let's see how they emerge from a difficult patch.

Still reckon the entire spine (Keeper, CB, ball winner and a forward) of their team needs replacing/upgrading if they want to challenge for major honours.

Giroud has been 1 of the best forwards in the league so far.

I can't see Arsenal collapsing anytime soon. They just lost to the 3rd best team in the world, there is no shame in that.

well they lost the first game of the season to Villa and have been pretty unbeatable since!!

They are a good team atm and playing with confidence. Only injuries to Özil and Giroud will give them problems imo

Arsenal lose and Ramsey was **** again. All is right with the world again

I'd probably prefer Arsenal go through in second place. Don't want them in the Europa. Then hopefully go out to Barca or Bayern

what? are you mad. Id love it if they ended up in the EL....give them a taste of how we feel:lol:

Thurs night football !! fcuk 'em

well they lost the first game of the season to Villa and have been pretty unbeatable since!!

They are a good team atm and playing with confidence. Only injuries to Özil and Giroud will give them problems imo

True, but i more so meant a patch of games where they have struggled, that way we'll see what they are really made of. I don't deny they are a decent team but like i said above, i think they are short in several areas of real top class quality.

The league is wide open this season, all the major players are in transition which has in turn allowed teams like Arsenal to stick a foot in and stake a claim. Difficult to pick a winner as there really is no stand out team this season, if i was forced to pick i'd probably opt for Chelsea purely because of the Mourinho factor. But again, it's wide open and i reckon that there are 3 or 4 teams in with a genuine chance.

They're 2 (or is it 3?) points down on the same set of matches last season.

does it really matter? what is the point of comparing this seasons results with last seasons?

It shows you there's no reason to get excited about Arsenal winning a few games in a row. They would have won most of them anyway, even if they happened to be spaced out across the season.

13/1412/1311/12
Aston Villa (H)1-32-13-0
Fulham (A)3-11-01-2
Tottenham (H)1-05-25-2
Sunderland (A)3-11-02-1
Stoke (H)3-11-03-1
Swansea (A)2-12-02-3
West Brom (A)1-12-13-2
Norwich (H)4-13-13-3
Points192416

does it really matter? what is the point of comparing this seasons results with last seasons?

Because it shows us that rather than the goons being world beaters, they've actually just had a really easy run of matches.

I've seen them start well and falter in January far too many times to get all excited about them in October.

Back