• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The next two games - the biggest tests so far

How many points will we get from the next two games?

Votes: 1 2.3%

Votes: 7 15.9%

Votes: 2 4.5%

Votes: 6 13.6%

Votes: 18 40.9%

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

Hotshot-Tottenham

Edgar Davids
So Arsenal away and Liverpool at home for the next two fixtures.

By far and away the toughest tests of the season so far.

So what say we? How many points should we pick up? How many points will we pick up?

How many would you be satisfied with?

I think a draw and a win would be about as much as we could reasonably ask for. So I’d be delighted with 4 points.

We’ve conceded first in three games so far I think and that could leave us vulnerable - we’re not always going to be able to claw that back, especially against better opposition.

So I think 3 points would be ok, as would 2 at a push, but less than that would be disappointing (of course taking into context the performances.)

I'd be happy with 2 or 3. Absolutely elated with 4 or more - we will not have faced the level of attacking prowess that we will in our next two games...the way we conceded on Saturday was a bit concerning, especially with us going to the Emirates next...

Kind of ignoring the points right now, obviously 6 would be great but its more about how we play. Will we still be brave, try to play the front foot or will we revert to "type" and sit back/counter etc..

Think these games will tell us and Ange a lot about how this group has progressed and even losing both may teach us more then winning at this early stage. Still, I think 3-4 points would be good and I think that's what we will get.

This thread is dumb as.

Why not think about the challenges the team face here rather than projecting straight to results.

These will be big tests for the high line and Mickey in particular.

The NLD side of things will test the team cohesion more but the lack of English players across the board takes a lot of spice out of it. Arsenal will be expecting to win.

Liverpool will also have observed ways to exploit our new players and style. They’ll probably be expecting to win too.

Just watch and support for now then we can see how we have progressed (seems likely we will) when we play them again later on.

Want 6, will settle for four. Arsenal away is always a demanding fixture that we either lose or blow a lead to earn a draw. A draw would be fine just to stay level on points. Liverpool at home is interesting. They are still a team in transition with many young players moving into starting roles. I like our chances in that one.

You just know if we were playing CL on Wednesday the TV Gods would have us playing the game early on Saturday. Even so you would hope they will be a bit 'leggy' come Sunday. Just hope we turn up and give it our best, would love a rare win but would take a draw.
Liverpool will be tricky but we're due a result against them so I expect 3 points from that match.

We would all obviously love 4 or even 6, the heart says 2 draws, the head (and recent history) sadly says 1pt (which I could live if we play well, and are just beaten by the better side on the day). Just put in a performance

Any points would be a bonus
The key is how we play
We had a cowardly few games at the Death Star and wee robbed vs pool
I’d like two consistent aggressive attacking performances

Honestly I think 4 points would be fantastic given our awful record away against the goons. We typically lose by 2 goals let alone picking up a point or 3.

Our record against Liverpool in recent years has been pretty rank as well. Surely we’re due a win against them? I think 2 points and avoiding defeat in both games would still be a decent return.

Any points would be a bonus
The key is how we play
We had a cowardly few games at the Death Star and wee robbed vs pool
I’d like two consistent aggressive attacking performances

Cowardly is usually the standard when we play away at Arsenal. Not sure why we always freeze. Yes their fans are always bang up for it against us but it’s hardly the most intimidating atmosphere in football is it.

I’m using these two games to really judge where we are.

0-1 points…I’m sticking with my prediction of top 8

2-4…I’ll start to believe we can make CL

6…fudge it, I’m dreaming big

Cowardly is usually the standard when we play away at Arsenal. Not sure why we always freeze. Yes their fans are always bang up for it against us but it’s hardly the most intimidating atmosphere in football is it.
Their team plays the game with a belief
Ours always seems to play it with fear … for at least one half
When we don’t, we look great there
But it’s never happened enough or been sustained to win the game

Back