• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The next few seasons

But there is know guarantees that money is the solution.

Poch has proved that in his world the landscape is very different.

Poch's coaching that is priceless.

Remember we have been close the last two seasons, but i'm not convinced more money would have got us over the line.

One thing that is bugging me, is ive got a feeling they'll be one (city) better than us AGAIN this season.

Agree with all of this

We cant do anything about city other than beat them twice,and even that wouldnt out us above them

Poch though is the envy of every club in europe now

You said in the opening post that Levy has a long term plan of growing the cub organically. That's a business strategy. But the way he's doing that is very much a footballing strategy. Our results in the pitch decides how much money he makes on the business side.

I believe we're now seeing results of a long term strategy over years. That includes the stadium, but also the training ground that I believe planning was started on over a decade ago. With fans in the background complaining about spending money on that instead of transfer fees and wages.

Is this the time to statically change our approach. I really don't think so. There's so much still to come from our long term, player development focused approach.
Although i have fully bought into Levy's vision and direction for the club over many years, (just believe in him as a switched on businessman) i dont think you can ignore that he has lucked out with Poch.

The flexibility, that Poch's ability, gives Levy in finance terms is massive. We could easily be nowhere with this bunch of players under alternative guidance. Poch has turned many players into top level players and others that are plug-ins for the system all with little relation to their incoming value but guaranteeing a massive added value if they move themselves on.

Poch could not of come along at a better time. He gives the club room to breathe during its biggest transition.

To be going through this phase AND be the most 'successful' we've been for ages is nothing short of remarkable.

One thing that is bugging me, is ive got a feeling they'll be one (city) better than us AGAIN this season.

City will have a wobble soon enough. They often start very well then fade. I don't especially rate Guardiola either - he's never really been tested properly. I suspect they will win it, but I think there is hope

City will have a wobble soon enough. They often start very well then fade. I don't especially rate Guardiola either - he's never really been tested properly. I suspect they will win it, but I think there is hope

They need to be beaten first and were on of teh only sides who believe they can

Maybe after that it could happen but I dont see it

Our biggest challenge as a club is to continue to minimise the effect of mountainous financial disparities in EPL.
City will underachieve if they dont win the League.
City should also reach the semifinal of the CL.
Spurs confound the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U.

Last edited:
Although i have fully bought into Levy's vision and direction for the club over many years, (just believe in him as a switched on businessman) i dont think you can ignore that he has lucked out with Poch.

The flexibility, that Poch's ability, gives Levy in finance terms is massive. We could easily be nowhere with this bunch of players under alternative guidance. Poch has turned many players into top level players and others that are plug-ins for the system all with little relation to their incoming value but guaranteeing a massive added value if they move themselves on.

Poch could not of come along at a better time. He gives the club room to breathe during its biggest transition.

To be going through this phase AND be the most 'successful' we've been for ages is nothing short of remarkable.
The club and Pochettino are a great match. It's partly luck, but also the right decision to hire him. A different manager definitely would have seen different results, but the groundwork was done so that a manager like Pochettino could succeed to the extent that he has.

DNdkUvgW0AAfSmD.jpg
Wow, just look at Leicester. One year! I don't remember them getting to the QF of the CL last year at all. Google says they narrowly lost to Atletico. I have no recollection of that at all.

Back