• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The new, new manager thread - Pt 3

If that is indeed true. I have no doubt de Boer will be our new manager. I have no problem with that at all.

me too, but why is there stories of him saying there hasnt been any contact? or is it just ******** because we told him to keep his mouth shut?

me too, but why is there stories of him saying there hasnt been any contact? or is it just ******** because we told him to keep his mouth shut?

If there have been negotiations/interviews I'm guessing Levy would have told him to keep it away from the press yes.

I know you can't trust twitter but anyway ;)

Gards ‏@Gards44 Protected Tweets 9m
I would be stunned if these rumours are true! 1 horse race has now turned to 3! #baffled

Gards ‏@Gards44 Protected Tweets 4m
@GazzehCOYS well if poch doesn't come then He has turned us down!

Yes i think it will be De Boer but i cling on to my Rafa hope (although i put a lot of ££££ on De Boer at 6's).

If the contract extension with Rafa is true, then I think that definitely rules him out. Cant think of anyone else we are linked with. With us being outclassed by Basel two years ago and Murat Yakin not having a job, I wonder if he'll end up in the frame.

They were the only games I remember where I thought we played with the authority and control of a big team. We were imperious, rather than plucky. The rest was all typical cavalier but fragile/soft underbelly Spurs.

It was a sight of the direction we need to go in if we're ever going to be contenders for major honours again.

You have really lost the plot there. So it was all just luck reall the rest of the time, run about a bit see what happens??
Yeah ok then believe what you want but that statement above is total nonsense!

This morning, Everyone thinks Pochettino is almost done - This afternoon, Pochettino is signing a new contract at Southamptom

This morning, We have made contact with FDB this week - This afternoon, FDB says no contact has been made this week

I wonder if Levy thinks he will actually have a chance with Ancelotti after the weekend?

I still think it's all invented noise to fill the void. This same story about a new £6m pa Poch contract came out last week (in the Express?) too.

"He will, he won't, he will…" gets more clicks than "it's probably happening, just slowly"

If that is indeed true. I have no doubt de Boer will be our new manager. I have no problem with that at all.

How would he feel knowing he was only third choice though and only got it because 1 and 2 turned us down? Won't fill him with confidence/loyalty for when PSV, Monaco or Milan etc come calling in a year or two time.

Milan was the one point in his time with us where Redknapp actually looked like a serious manager, rather than someone winging it with great players. It was incredibly impressive.

winging it to 4th, .....FOURTH..and doing it TWICE!!!

heh yeah, them were some seriously dark days werent they

How would he feel knowing he was only third choice though and only got it because 1 and 2 turned us down? Won't fill him with confidence/loyalty for when PSV, Monaco or Milan etc come calling in a year or two time.

Not necessarily true though. We aren't to know if he was second or even third choice. If Benitez and Poch sign new deals, that doesnt mean they were any of our choices. It just mean papers have linked them to ourselves so their respective clubs have decided to tie them up so a deal wouldn't be possible.

You have really lost the plot there. So it was all just luck reall the rest of the time, run about a bit see what happens??

Yeah ok then believe what you want but that statement above is total nonsense!

Watch to two Milan games again and tell me that looks like Tottenham? It doesn't. It looks like Man U, Barca or Juventus.

The rest of Redknapp's reign was just a continuation of post-1984 Tottenham. Same as Pleat, Venables, Francis, Hoddle and Jol etc. Top performances when special individuals have a good day, but never especially organised or better than the sum of our parts.

The two Milan games were a blueprint for being an organised and disciplined side that is in control. That's what I hope Poch will bring to us on a regular basis.

It's sad that i'm now reluctant to call someone out on his outlandish comments (reluctant but i will continue to do so when ridiculous things are posted by any poster).

There is so so so many examples to counter the ridiculous notion that Redknapp merely 'winged' it but is there a point listing them? nah.

I don't think it will be a big issue.

He has already talked about how he was informed by Liverpool that he was one of four candidates when he decided to stay at Ajax two years ago.

He will know that clubs have several targets. If he gets the job it will be about how well he does, to what extent we as a club can match his ambitions and how good his working relationship is with Levy and Baldini if other clubs come calling.

If he 2-3 years down the line decides to leave because he's still upset he wasn't first choice when we hired him that just seems super small time and if he's like that I'm not sure I would want him at the club anyway. I don't think he's like that.

Watch to two Milan games again and tell me that looks like Tottenham? It doesn't. It looks like Man U, Barca or Juventus.

The rest of Redknapp's reign was just a continuation of post-1984 Tottenham. Same as Pleat, Venables, Francis, Hoddle and Jol etc. Top performances when special individuals have a good day, but never especially organised or better than the sum of our parts.

The two Milan games were a blueprint for being an organised and disciplined side that is in control. That's what I hope Poch will bring to us on a regular basis.

Name other games in Redknapps stint where we were involved in a two legged tie of this magnitude where it was essential we played that brand of disciplined football (bar the Madrid game where a player was sent off inside the first 10 minutes)??

let's try and keep discussion on track please guys

start a Redknapp thread if you're really that interested in dragging up old arguments.

Those 4th place trophies, weren't they super? The open top bus parades down the high road - some of the greatest moments of my life…

Redknapp never had the focus/drive to get the consistency needed to win things. 1 notable trophy in a 35 year management career says it all.

Btw I'm actually giving Redknapp more praise here than I've ever done before. Those two Milan ties were the best performances of Spurs sides in the last 25+ years.

Not necessarily true though. We aren't to know if he was second or even third choice. If Benitez and Poch sign new deals, that doesnt mean they were any of our choices. It just mean papers have linked them to ourselves so their respective clubs have decided to tie them up so a deal wouldn't be possible.

Sorry - I was including LvG as #1, with Poch at #2.

I still think it's all invented noise to fill the void. This same story about a new £6m pa Poch contract came out last week (in the Express?) too.

"He will, he won't, he will…" gets more clicks than "it's probably happening, just slowly"

Well you dont know what number choice he is. In fact like in any job you draw up a shortlist, interview them all then decide. Just because x and y have been mentioned in the press doesnt mean they are first choice...

Back