• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Longest Thread Of Football (The Other Teams)

Re: o/t Mario

Apart from kicking Parker in the head I actually have a lot of time for Balotelli. He's a bit of a nutter, but he seems to just be himself and he's entertaining at least.

Very good player at his best too, way too inconsistent at this point, but potentially he could be fantastic.

He's a RICH nutter. You get away with a lot more that way. He wouldn't last two minutes in any normal job the way he acts.

Good news for us in a way. City will be forced to ship him out on the cheap this January. Another dent in their efforts to meet UEFAs financial fair play malarkey.

481310_511998085498708_1629104994_n.jpg

Very good

Stupid Football Quotes

Absolutely brilliant.

"I've been consistent in patches this season" - THEO WALCOTT

"I look forward to hearing from the silent majority" - ALEX McLEISH

"I haven't seen it, but it looks generous" - ARSENE WENGER

"Whoever you support, you've got that blood in your veins" - PHIL NEAL

"Paolo Di Canio is one picnic short of a hamper" - ALAN BRAZIL

"If we'd kept a clean sheet tonight, we'd have won 1-0" - STEVE COTTERILL, AFTER FOREST LOST 2-1

"They can push the bat a little bit more than others at that level" - STEVE CLARIDGE

"In the end, Rosicky initially did well" - ANDY TOWNSEND

"He's been like a fresh of breath air" - ROY KEANE

"The thing about goalscorers is that they score goals" - TONY COTTEE

"I don't want Rooney to leave these shores but if he does, I think he'll go abroad" - IAN WRIGHT

"Belgium are outside dark favourites to win the group" - IAIN DOWIE

"Six yards out and Wheater headers it over" - PAUL MERSON

"Luis Suarez is a victim of his own make-up" - MICKY QUINN

"Matt Taylor ran half the length of the field, width-wise" - IAN ABRAHAMS

"The last six games of the Invincibles season were the most pressurised, because we were under pressure" - RAY PARLOUR

"I feel sorry for Wolves at the moment but not sorry for them" - DAVID PLEAT

"Sometimes you want Obertan to open his legs and do something a bit exciting" - ALAN PARDEW

"Fernando Torres needs a new leash of life" - STAN COLLYMORE

"The game is not over until it is" - DWIGHT YORKE

"He's got a lot of self-belief in himself" - GRAHAM BEECROFT

"When Everton knock it long, they don't knock it long" - PAUL MERSON

"It's so daft it's almost stupid" - CHRIS KAMARA

"With Harry, two plus two always makes five, not three" - MILAN MANDARIC

"Alex Ferguson is speaking about Liverpool in an intimate way" - STAN COLLYMORE

"They were numerically outnumbered" - GARRY BIRTLES

"It was goalposts for jumpers" - TONY MOWBRAY

"Not to win is guttering" - MARK NOBLE

"Rolando's been given a second yellow for arguing with the life support.... er, the linesman" - CHRIS WADDLE

"One win doesn't make a swallow" - DANNY KELLY

"Reading won't have the confidence to be confident" - PAUL MERSON

"The one significant change is in fact the second significant change" - JONATHAN PEARCE

"That's put a strain on his left-hand knee" - JOHN SCALES

"However people have interpretated that is up to them" - EDDIE MITCHELL

"He's a good footballer, as in technical-wise" - TONY CASCARINO

"Jordan Henderson is a player who likes to do his business in the middle of the park" - JASON McATEER

"It's never over until somebody sings" - CLAYTON BLACKMORE

"Matty Jarvis had acres of time there" - STAN COLLYMORE

"That's exactly how you head a ball... you use your head" - RAY WILKINS

"It's an unprecedented precedent" - CLARK CARLISLE

"There's a good-feel factor about Sheffield Wednesday" - ALAN BRAZIL

"Darren Fletcher is the type of player who would walk over hot coals to play for his country, and he has done" - ANDY GRAY

"If you closed your eyes, you couldn't tell the difference between the two sides" - PHIL BROWN

"They're a little bit miss and hit" - DWIGHT YORKE

"Will Chelsea qualify with ease? I think they will, but it won't be easy" - JAMIE REDKNAPP

"Look at that roar" - NIALL QUINN

"I'll give the ref the benefit of the doubt but he's got a lot wrong" - MARK BRIGHT

"He done great to get where he got" - PAUL MERSON

"West Ham have committed 13 fouls, but they weren't fouls, they were commitment" - RAY WILKINS

"Getting picked gives you half that confidence, or 50 per cent of it" - GLENN HODDLE

"Ferdinand has been laid out by Kolarov's unfortunate followthrough" - JON CHAMPION

"I think one of these teams could win this" - ANDY TOWNSEND, BEFORE UEFA SUPER CUP FINAL

"Michael Owen will get double figures this season - or at least 10, possibly more" - GARTH CROOKS

"The Merseyside derby games are unique in the city" - BRENDAN RODGERS

"Levante have gone fourth in Serie A. If anyone can tell me what part of Italy Levante is in, please call. I've no idea" - ALAN BRAZIL

"It's like a stone rolling down a hill - it's gathering more and more moss" - GRAEME SOUNESS

"I hope to be back in management in the next future" - PAUL INCE

"I'm glad I don't have to face Coloccini, because I don't think I would touch many balls" - DEMBA BA

"John Terry wears his shirt on his sleeve" - RAY PARLOUR

"Roberto Martinez's belief is unbelievable" - DAVE WHELAN

"The butterflies will be jangling" - GABBY LOGAN

"Cahill went off, then Botswana came on" - PAUL ELLIOTT

“Shay Given is champing on the door to be involved this weekend" - ALEX McLEISH

"Bayern will have the added advantage of playing in their own stadium - that's like a home game for them" - PAUL ELLIOTT

"Robben and Ribery have what you call a fisty relationship" - ULI KOHLER

"Football's all about yesterday, it's all about now" - PAUL MERSON

"Fulham haven't had a shot on target, which is probably why they aren't in the goals" - TONY COTTEE

"Neither team has really taken the baton by the scruff of the neck and put their stamp on it" - NIGEL WORTHINGTON

"It's all hands to the decks now" - NIALL QUINN

"Ozil could find the needle in a haystack with his sense of smell" - RAY HUDSON

"Too often this season, Sunderland have left themselves with an uphill mountain" - GRAHAM COURTNEY

"The problem is nobody knows what the problem is" - DAVID CRAIG

"They're not that very good, Napoli" - PAUL MERSON

"The pass for Wright-Phillips was overweight" - ALAN SHEARER

"Mario Balotelli is like Marmite, you either love him or hate him. Me, I'm between" - JOE ROYLE

"Fernando Torres needs to be loved on a regular basis" - MARK LAWRENSON

"He went in with his shuds stowing" - GARY NEVILLE

"He could have done one of three things. He didn't do either" - GORDON STRACHAN

"Emirates Marketing Project are entering the eye of the tiger" - MARTIN KEOWN

"You've got a little spring in your step in your voice" - MICKY QUINN

“Is it still called Calcutta? I thought it was Bombay these days" - CHIS KAMARA

"The paint is hardly dry on Neil Warnock's sacking" - JIM WHITE

"In the FA Cup, you always have to expect the unexpectable" - ROBERTO DI MATTEO

"It's now much more 50-50 in favour of Everton" - IAIN DOWIE

"Sheffield Wednesday are third in the table. You couldn't be any higher" - IAN ABRAHAMS

"There was nothing wrong with his timing, he was just a bit late" - MARK BRIGHT

"That's literally opening a team up and putting them to the sword" - NIALL QUINN

"When you're there, it's one of those 'I was there' moments" - TONY GALE

"He's the player who can unlock the key" - STUART ROBSON

"John Cross is feeling very boyish about Arsenal's chances" - ALAN BRAZIL

"Southampton have always been at the top, apart from the seasons when they weren't" - RAY PARLOUR

"It was end-to-end stuff at both ends" - JACK DEARDEN

"Mistakes will be made, make no mistake" - GARTH CROOKS

"There are so many sides down there at the top" - MARK SAGGERS

"He's sort of facing the goal with his chest" - LEE DIXON

"Emirates Marketing Project feel like they've been hardly done by" - NIGEL PEARSON

"Ramires is involved in everything he does" - GRAEME LE SAUX

"There's only one person gets you sacked and that's the fans" - PAUL MERSON

"Scotland v Wales will be like a Cup tie" - ALAN BRAZIL

"Most goals are scored between the posts" - JAMIE REDKNAPP

"Where do you sit on young players, Martin Keown?" - JONATHAN PEARCE

"The proverbial is hitting the flan at the moment" - ALVIN MARTIN

"I've only played for Watford, so I'm called a one-man club" - LLOYD DOYLEY

"There's always been a fierce rivalry between Spurs and Tottenham" - DAVID PLEAT

"Martin Kelly has been booked for a foul on everything" - GRAHAM BEECROFT

"Didier Drogba's just a big loveable lump. Graham Norton seemed to get inside him last night" - CLIVE TYLDESLEY

"England are dangerous black horses" - GARETH SOUTHGATE

"He's 23 years of old" - MICKY QUINN

"Ji-Sung Park is probably not as young as he was when he arrived at Old Trafford all those years ago" - RAY HOUGHTON

"Sheikh Mansour is putting his money and his mouth where his mouth is" - STAN COLLYMORE

"Arsene Wenger has got to unlock the purse strings" - JOHN MOTSON

"Suarez's hunger for the game seems unquenchable" - ALAN SMITH

"It's pouring down and the ref is enjoying his moment in the sun" - ADRIAN CHILES

"We have this mentality of going into every game just thinking about the next game" - SHANE LONG

"To concede so late is a bit of a pill to swallow" - LEAM RICHARDSON

"Defoe was level and anyone who says otherwise is picking hairs" - JOHN MOTSON

"The sun is squinting into the keepers' eyes" - JOHN TEMPLE

"Martin O'Neill has literally lifted Sunderland out of the mire" - PHIL THOMPSON

"We are talking negativitively about them" - RAY WILKINS

"Hopefully Andy Carroll has only tweeted his hamstring" - SAM ALLARDYCE

"Bobby Robson is Bobby Robson and will always be Bobby Robson" - FREDDY SHEPHERD

"Three minutes to go - this is where Arsenal normally get a last-minute goal" - SIR ALAN SUGAR

“Saudi Sportswashing Machine are absolutely besotted by injuries" - MARK LAWRENSON

"That kind of natural understanding doesn't develop naturally" - KENNY CUNNINGHAM

"The directors of the club are in dialect with the protesters" - STEVE KEAN

"Frank Lampard is engaged to Christine Brinkley" - MICKY QUINN

"Martin Jol has put his hands on his heads" - RAY PARLOUR

"When David Beckham leaves the game, it will take a very special player to come in and carry the mantelpiece" - SOPHIE NICOLAU

"Arsenal's defence will be a worry going forward" - KENNY CUNNINGHAM

"The half-time whistle blows and I have one word for you: Absolutely brilliant" - SAM MATTERFACE

"And now over to Barnet for another flash from Jacqui Oatley" - IAN ROBERTSON

"Bolton have won just three of their last two games" - IAN ABRAHAMS

"As the saying goes, 'you don't fix something if it isn't broken'" - PAUL MERSON

"They gave the Serbian FA a poultry fine" - ALAN BRAZIL

“There was nothing wrong with his timing - he was just a bit late" - MARK BRIGHT

"Most of Michael Owen's goals have come in the past" - DAN WALKER

"I'd love to get to the final of Masterchef. I'd feel almost as if I've failed if I didn't" - DANNY MILLS

"They played Arsenal and got their backsides felt" - CRAIG BURLEY

"Steven Fletcher cost a very lot of money" - CHRIS WADDLE

"They're being asked to play three games a week... mentally, they can't ascertain to do that" - BOBBY GOULD

"The more you lose, the more you don't win" - ALEX McLEISH

"They should slowly integrate them out of the club" - MICK QUINN

"That's certainly lit the litmus paper" - BRADLEY ALLEN

"Arsenal owe a great deal of debtitude to the keeper" - MATT LE TISSIER

"Abbiati sticks out a lanky arm to save that" - ALAN SMITH

"Reading have got the good factor" - RAY PARLOUR

"Andy Carroll will cause anyone problems and I don't see a problem in that" - ALAN SHEARER

"Arsenal need crispier passing" - SAM MATTERFACE

"I'd go back to Leeds at any time, but not right now" - GUS POYET

"Luiz nearly missed an open header" - ALAN SMITH

"Dzeko scored against QPR to set up that climax at the finish" - NIALL QUINN

"Fernando Torres is playing out of his face at the moment" - TOMMY LANGLEY

"Swansea's right back, Rangel Angel, will be putting the crosses in" - PAUL MERSON

"If Arsenal don't finish third, they might not finish in third place" - ALVIN MARTIN

"Bogdan should be playing for whatever country he comes from" - PHIL THOMPSON

“It's the old adage - what stays on tour, happens on tour" - IAN ABRAHAMS

"It's not always plain sailing , especially when you're flying" - BRENDAN RODGERS

"Chelsea have to play Sunday night - the FA won't bulge" – ALAN BRAZIL

"That was a great finish, but you could say it wasn't a great finish because it didn't go in" - CHRIS WADDLE

"The Carling Cup ought to get a little more credit than it deserves" - MARK CHAPMAN

"It's six of one, half a dozen of the other at least" - STAN COLLYMORE

"When you play for England you're all representing that curry... er, your country" - JAMIE REDKNAPP

"The Bolton back four didn't have a cat on earth's chance" - STAN COLLYMORE

"If you don't question the officials' role then you've got to ask what they are doing" - ARSENE WENGER

"Scottish football needs a kick in the arm" - CHARLIE NICHOLAS

"I watched the United v Reading game with my jaw literally hitting the floor" - IAN WRIGHT

"Robin van Persie is 29 years of old" - SAM MATTERFACE

"It was a damp squid for Liverpool" - PAUL MERSON

"In the first half, I didn't see the second half coming, that's for sure" - MICK McCARTHY

"And here goes Aguero, looking to relieve himself" - MIKE INGHAM

"Ronnie Moran had us as young boys, religiously" - PHIL THOMPSON

"Chelsea are all in blue, with their white socks" - SAM MATTERFACE

"It's looking more and more less likely" - ROBBIE FOWLER

"The FA inquiry has been my favourite buttplug from start to finish and it's not even finished" - DIETMAR HAMANN

"Santi Cazorla is two-footed" - GRAEME LE SAUX

"Samuel Eto'o is reputedly the highest-paid player in the world at £350,000 per week - that's £5,000 a day" - CLIVE TYLDESLEY

"Emirates Marketing Project have got a run of genteel games coming up" - CRAIG BURLEY

"Arsenal are in tough competition for fourth with the likes of Spurs, Everton and Arsenal" – PAUL MERSON

"With all their guns flying, Tottenham would be a threat" - GLENN HODDLE

"He's not as young as he used to be, Bobby Zamora" - GARY COTTERILL

"If we'd have scored, it would have been a different result" - TONY PULIS

"Spurs have been here before at White Hart Lane" - CLIVE TYLDESLEY

"There's a lot of work been put in that hasn't been put in" - GLENN HODDLE

"If you're not frustrated that you're not playing football then you shouldn't be playing football" - THEO WALCOTT

"They've had their moments, City, but nothing too consecrated" - CLIVE TYLDESLEY

"Are Spurs title contenders for the league? - MICKY QUINN

"If Oscar carries on like this then the world, literally, is at his oyster" - IAN ABRAHAMS

"As long as you hit the target, they're going to go in... if the keeper don't make a save" - IAN HOLLOWAY

"Football these days isn't going forwards. It's going sidewards" - BOBBY GOULD

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/stupid-football-quotes-2012s-best-1511680

Re: Stupid Football Quotes

Euro 2012 - I thought this would be appropriate in this thread
[video=youtube;8x2lu0cBMAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8x2lu0cBMAE#t=3s[/video]

League Cup Final Odds

Morning All,

Anyone know where I can find the odds on a Chelsea v Villa final? All I can see are the odds for the outright winner.

Want to put that bet on so that if that is the final then I win, if Chelsea and villa go out then I win.

Cheers

Re: League Cup Final Odds

Might want to take this to the betting thread in the Vice Den.

The Longest Thread Of Football Talk (The Other Teams)

Guardian sport @guardian_sport

Saudi Sportswashing Machine striker Nile Ranger reportedly arrested on suspicion of rape

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Guardian sport @guardian_sport

Saudi Sportswashing Machine striker Nile Ranger reportedly arrested on suspicion of rape

Maybe that booing made him do it. Been arrested more times than he has scored..maybe I could rephrase that.

There appears to be no level of pettiness to which Southampton football club will not stop in its harassment of the media.

HoldTheFrontPage reports today that the club has now banned journalists from conducting vox pops with fans on land outside its ground.

Reporters carrying out interviews outside St Mary's stadium ahead of Monday night's match against Everton were told they must leave the area for health and safety reasons.

The club has been in dispute with the city's daily paper, the Southern Daily Echo, for a couple of years. But this move involves journalists from all newspapers and broadcasters.

The Echo's editor-in-chief, Ian Murray, is quoted by HoldTheFrontPage as saying: "We spoke to lots of fans outside the club's zone of influence. It's all very silly really as you can't prevent fans from having a say and trying to do so just makes you look intolerant of other viewpoints.

"It looks as though other media, including the BBC, are simply getting a taste of what we have had to put up with for some time."

In 2010, the club barred press photographers from attending its ground and instead said newspapers should purchase images from its official photographer. After widespread protests, the ban was lifted – except for the Echo.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2013/jan/25/press-freedom-southampton

There appears to be no level of pettiness to which Southampton football club will not stop in its harassment of the media.

HoldTheFrontPage reports today that the club has now banned journalists from conducting vox pops with fans on land outside its ground.

Reporters carrying out interviews outside St Mary's stadium ahead of Monday night's match against Everton were told they must leave the area for health and safety reasons.

The club has been in dispute with the city's daily paper, the Southern Daily Echo, for a couple of years. But this move involves journalists from all newspapers and broadcasters.

The Echo's editor-in-chief, Ian Murray, is quoted by HoldTheFrontPage as saying: "We spoke to lots of fans outside the club's zone of influence. It's all very silly really as you can't prevent fans from having a say and trying to do so just makes you look intolerant of other viewpoints.

"It looks as though other media, including the BBC, are simply getting a taste of what we have had to put up with for some time."

In 2010, the club barred press photographers from attending its ground and instead said newspapers should purchase images from its official photographer. After widespread protests, the ban was lifted – except for the Echo.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2013/jan/25/press-freedom-southampton

Any spesific reason they are banning the Echo?

Sir Alex Ferguson has made it clear that he won't be letting his star midfielder go this year. It has been reported that Michael Carrick will be offered a rolling 12-month contract.

He probably isn't interested in going anywhere else anyway I guess.

Whelan’s ugly challenge on García during Emirates Marketing Project's 1-0 victory at the Britannia Stadium does not come under the FA’s remit for a retrospective charge.

The Stoke City midfielder will not face an investigation, even though the Emirates Marketing Project midfielder Gareth Barry and Clarke Carlisle, the Professional Footballers’ Association chairman, suggested that action would be taken.

Webb and his officials were criticised for not having a clear view of the tackle, which happened early in the second half, and did not even caution the Republic of Ireland international or award a free-kick.

The FA can only take action after games for “off the ball” incidents and Webb, who was only yards away from the incident, is alleged to have told players that he did not have “the right angle” to make a judgment.

Carlisle, speaking on ITV’s FA Cup highlights programme, said Whelan can expect action but there will be no sanctions.

Whelan fears the FA’s new hard-line stance on tackling is in danger of damaging the competitive nature of the game in this country.

He said: “I’ve gone in for the challenge and I don’t think I tried to be dirty but if it looks that way on TV then I’ll have to hold my hands up. I don’t think I caught him as much as he was rolling about.

"Obviously he’s felt it so you have to take that. I’ve caught him harder than I thought. Hopefully nothing will happen with it.

"People have talked about tackling going out of the game but it’s only going out of the game because we’re not allowing it. If you’re getting pulled up on little things every week then people will stop.

“It’s the English game, the old-fashioned game, and that’s what the Premier League is so good for. There is massive pressure on the referees from the media and the people they’re accountable to. Hopefully it [tackling] can stay in the game and people just get on with it.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/9830413/Stokes-Glenn-Whelan-in-the-clear-over-stamp-on-Manchester-City-rival-Javi-Garcia.html

Materazzi in response to Benitez branding him a liar: "If I'm a liar, he is slim"

JUST IN: 2 games suspension for Conte and Bonucci; 1 game for Chiellini; Juventus gm Marotta banned until 18th february. For criticism of the ref after a recent match.

Back