• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

Re: O/T West Ham Get Olympic Stadium

According the helm I work with, WHU are now a bigger club than Spurs..

Ok

Ok

you work with some right tacos Marky !

it's annoying West Ham are basically given a new stadium and can sell their existing land, somethings definitely not right about that. But I would hate Spurs to be in that stadium and they can barely get 25k at the moment in the Prem without doing kids for a quid, no way they'll be more than doubling their attendances just because of this. It's dreamland time.

On the downside, they'll playing in a half empty stadium every 2 weeks.

It won't be quite that bad! They already average 35K. Given that they're planning to give away thousands of free tickets and make thousands more dirt cheap, I can imagine that they'll get 45K for most games and sell out the really big games.

Obviously, that won't earn them a massive amount more than at the current ground but, over time, some of those attracted by free and cheap tickets might become proper fans. At which point prices could go up.

I imagine that the Olympic stadium, once redeveloped, will also have considerably more by way of corporate facilities than Upton Park. So overall match day revenues should increase significantly.

It won't be quite that bad! They already average 35K. Given that they're planning to give away thousands of free tickets and make thousands more dirt cheap, I can imagine that they'll get 45K for most games and sell out the really big games.

Obviously, that won't earn them a massive amount more than at the current ground but, over time, some of those attracted by free and cheap tickets might become proper fans. At which point prices could go up.

I imagine that the Olympic stadium, once redeveloped, will also have considerably more by way of corporate facilities than Upton Park. So overall match day revenues should increase significantly.

They already do kids for a quid and they still struggle to sell out 35k.

At first I can imagine there will be an interest, but if they continue their pattern of being a yoyo club that never wins anything, the interest will eventually die down.

Ok

I don't know why you give them the time of day.

Every Spurs fan I know hates Arsenal and Chelsea and views them as our main rivals, whereas as SOME Spurs fans view West Ham as a rival, I certainly don't.

If the match day experience is bad then existing supporters will stay away too. The WHU fans are totally divided about this move.

You would have to also question the overall deal and as Gazza said, how come the government have not leveraged more money off Sullivan and Gold considering the windfall from selling Upton Park and the potential windfall from selling WHU inthe future. As far as I can see Sullivan and Gold are the real winners on all this. It looks like they've managed to come away with an amazing deal.

If the match day experience is bad then existing supporters will stay away too. The WHU fans are totally divided about this move.

You would have to also question the overall deal and as Gazza said, how come the government have not leveraged more money off Sullivan and Gold considering the windfall from selling Upton Park and the potential windfall from selling WHU inthe future. As far as I can see Sullivan and Gold are the real winners on all this. It looks like they've managed to come away with an amazing deal.

If Sullivan and Gold sell West Ham within the next ten years, they will have to pay a percentage to the LLDC.

I still think we missed out here. This is massive for West Ham, whilst we struggle to find the money for a £400m (guess?) stadium, they get one for £15m.

not just matchday, but during the time when there is no football too. I heard that Arse make a tidy sum of non matchday revenue and West Spam are now another very serious competitor for Levy when it comes to this income stream. I doubt he is happy. The OS's location and travel links mean they are in a prime spot to steal a lot of this type of revenue

I wasn't bothered on staying in north London so was actually for the Stratford move, so that's why I think we have missed out. You can go on about history and stuff but we would always be spurs just in a different location. Plus whl is a brick hole and Stratford is gong to be a great place to live.

Anyway it's done now but you will definitely see west ham improving on the pitch and financially which is bad news for us

I wasn't bothered on staying in north London so was actually for the Stratford move, so that's why I think we have missed out. You can go on about history and stuff but we would always be spurs just in a different location. Plus whl is a brick hole and Stratford is gong to be a great place to live.

Anyway it's done now but you will definitely see west ham improving on the pitch and financially which is bad news for us

i totally agree, i think moving to stratford would have been great for us

Stratford is not much better mate.

Don't know how we could still call ourselves Tottenham Hotspur if we played in Stratford. It's not even North London.

As for the last part, really don't see how or why this move will propel West Ham. They'll still always be 4th or 5th biggest club in London unless some rich Arab buys them.

I know it's not great but I'd rather walk through Stratford at night than whl. But Stratford will improve.

Maybe I'm jealous as Iive in Chelmsford and my commute to spurs would have been 25 mins as opposed to 1 .5 hours train / 45mins by car.

Well it's not going to hinder west ham is it,? The gate receipts alone will give them more money which means they can buy more players and also the new stadium itself will attract players so I just see it as a huge thing for west ham

Where does Financial Fair Play fit into all this? What if Haringay decided to build Spurs a stadium and lease it back to us on similar terms? How would this sort of thing be allowed but the "sugar daddy" private investor approach be impermissable?

Stratford is not much better mate.

Don't know how we could still call ourselves Tottenham Hotspur if we played in Stratford. It's not even North London.

As for the last part, really don't see how or why this move will propel West Ham. They'll still always be 4th or 5th biggest club in London unless some rich Arab buys them.

now that the Spammers have the OS im pretty sure the Arabs are readying a bid.

That's not a given by any stretch. They're not even safe from relegation this season, and unless you've got zillions to spend on players things can go wrong very quickly, so they could quite easily be a Championship team when they take over the OS. No reason why it couldn't even go totally pear-shaped a-la Coventry City who coincidentally are also tenants and now perilously close to being kicked out because of their debts.

really, that doesn't sound legally enforceable

Well it is now. Because it is written into the contract signed by both West Ham and the LLDC.

The LLDC wouldn't have agreed to the added spending on retractable seating otherwise.

Back