• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

Re: Northumberland Development Project

The upper tier will stay where it is though. Just like this stadium in aus.

rectracable.jpg

How is this going to work? The lower tier is the only bit that was supposed to be permanent. Now it seems they will replace that with retractable seating and keep the parts that were meant to be permanent.

It would be easier to knock down the whole thing and start again. What a shame no one suggested this.

Re: O/T West Ham Get Olympic Stadium

Most of the conversion cost to be covered by the government, Wham to pay a nominal annual fee of £2 million and now they're looking at naming rights.

Came as a surprise to me that the capacity will be 54,000, reduced from the original projection of 60,000. Ours is currently projected to be 56,250, possibly even a few thousand more, so for them to end up with a lower capacity than ours is at least something.

Ok.. I may be paranoid, but I have just searched google for articles about Levy forces the track to stay and I cannot find any.

I think 100% there will be legal challenges galore about this.. not least from Leyton Orient, Brentford, Barnet, Arsenal and Tottenham regarding giving away free tickets.

Also with the European Union, with state aid being used to help prop up a Private football club. 135m of state aid used, last time it was 60m from the local council.

Ridiculous considering the extra income from next season. And how much are West Ham going to get from the sale of land from the Boleyn ground, that could at least be given to the government to build housing on to appease the tax payer.

I think West Ham should be forced to take out a 150m loan, like anyone that wants to build a new stadium. Thats fair to other clubs, its fair to taxpayers.

The ammount of state owned stadiums in Europe would indicate that this is not considered state aid. In Italy only Juventus own their stadium right? similar in Spain & France.

Its only come in the last couple of years and wouldn't affect deals already done and passed, its why the last deal collapsed as they didn't have a foot to stand on with the 60m state aid hand out from Newham council.

its brilliant for west ham, gold and sullivan will be laughing all the way to the bank

I do feel for Orient and Hearn has valid concerns although he seems to be massively missing the point as he is talking about moving Orient out to Harlow, thus doing to Harlow Town exactly what west ham are doing to Orient

Only 15 million toward the renovations and then just 2mill a year for rent. Cheeky f**kers.

Will definitely be interesting to see if they are still in the Premier League by then and how many they get turn up. I can imagine every school kid in London will be receiving an invite!

PS. Any NP news? This thread has become a damp squid..

is that all???? :eek:

I don't care in the slightest that they are moving into that non football stadium. It won't make them a powerhouse. But they're not even paying 20% towards the stadium. Think Levy should let it die now, but I wouldn't mind in Barry Hearn keeps trying to stop it happening.

Doesn't the track have to be useable 365 days of the year.

No.

If I recall correctly, British Athletics will only have use of the stadium for some 20 days a year - which is more than enough, to be honest. The adjacent Olympic warm up track will also be retained, I believe, and British Athletics will have year round use of that.

so west ham gets their stadium before ours?

Not necessarily.

If work on our stadium starts this year (as is the plan, according to a Haringey document), then it could be two thirds completed and ready for use in summer 2015 and fully completed by summer 2016.

Wouldn't surprise me if this announcement acted as a catalyst for Spurs to get a move on.

I think Jimmy is right about the requirement being 20 days. I assume in the summer they will leave it in the athletics configuration most of the time so it could be used for for training.

On Orient, iirc, Hearn was trying to move Orient further out into Essex before the OS fiasco. He saw and opportunity and is now reverting to plan A.

Yep. Very annoying. 2016 not long away at all. Retractable seating so they won't be as far away from the pitch...

.....But still considerably further away from the pitch than at a proper football stadium. And that's just the bottom, retractable tier. The permanent upper tier will be even further away from the pitch than at our new stadium. The Olympic stadium will have nothing like the intimate feel of ours.

Most of the conversion cost to be covered by the government, Wham to pay a nominal annual fee of £2 million and now they're looking at naming rights.

Majority of naming rights income will apparently go to LLDC rather than to West Ham.

And West Ham will also have to pay a portion of catering income to LLDC.

But, yes, still a very good deal for West Ham - especially since, I imagine, they'll be able to make a sizeable profit from the sale of the Boleyn Ground (350 new homes plus retail park).

Majority of naming rights income will apparently go to LLDC rather than to West Ham.

And West Ham will also have to pay a portion of catering income to LLDC.

But, yes, still a very good deal for West Ham - especially since, I imagine, they'll be able to make a sizeable profit from the sale of the Boleyn Ground (350 new homes plus retail park).

On the downside, they'll playing in a half empty stadium every 2 weeks.

Came as a surprise to me that the capacity will be 54,000, reduced from the original projection of 60,000. Ours is currently projected to be 56,250, possibly even a few thousand more, so for them to end up with a lower capacity than ours is at least something.

Probably because they realise that they have no hope of filling 55K, let alone 60K at the moment. Makes much more sense for them to limit capacity initially and try to grow their crowds over time. If and when the demand is there, it would be a cheap and simple job to increase capacity once again - to 60K or maybe even more.

Back