• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

The length of the tenancy suggests they are committed to paying an annual rent even when the stadium is a aged wreck. Is there a commitment to keep it up to date as a viable stadium and who pays?

after the judical review there was a legal requirement to keep the running track for 100 or 1000 years, no?

would love it if the stadium falls apart and nobody repairs it so it's just west ham and a running track

There commercial value is going to go through the roof with the move, even if they cant fill the seats (which I still doubt they will) their corporate hospitality is gonna fly as they are a bus, taxi, train from London from major trains.

They are going to be more investable at that stadium rather than Upton Park

There commercial value is going to go through the roof with the move, even if they cant fill the seats (which I still doubt they will) their corporate hospitality is gonna fly as they are a bus, taxi, train from London from major trains.

Not sure if convenience alone will be enough. It's still a brick team in a brick stadium. Good news is you won't be able to see just how brick they are.

I disagree. If the boxes are half a mile from the pitch, it will affect their value. They also only receive match day revenue, so their income streams are going to be dramatically smaller than their rivals.

I have sat with West Hams previous commercial director when my company looked to sponsor the club and I can assure you the difference in sponsoring West Ham in the last three seasons is poles apart from what they are getting from next year. Its not just the football product but the actual product that the box offers, the boxes at Upton Park are shabby compared to what they will have and its that match day experience/product that sells.

The fact is the Olympic Stadium logistically was set up with the city in mind, Upton Park wasn't, its high profile and its new, it ticks all the boxes that companies look for.

As for non match day revenue there isn't much at Upton Park anyway, their meetings offering at Upton Park was so shabby and again away from the City that it was rarely taken up. I was actually offered free use of a box on non match days as a boardroom but you couldn't get anyone to get out there.

I have sat with West Hams previous commercial director when my company looked to sponsor the club and I can assure you the difference in sponsoring West Ham in the last three seasons is poles apart from what they are getting from next year. Its not just the football product but the actual product that the box offers, the boxes at Upton Park are shabby compared to what they will have and its that match day experience/product that sells.

The fact is the Olympic Stadium logistically was set up with the city in mind, Upton Park wasn't, its high profile and its new, it ticks all the boxes that companies look for.

As for non match day revenue there isn't much at Upton Park anyway, their meetings offering at Upton Park was so shabby and again away from the City that it was rarely taken up. I was actually offered free use of a box on non match days as a boardroom but you couldn't get anyone to get out there.

Excellent post. This will have go a long way to West Ham closing the gap on us. Even if the people using the box are not West Ham fans, by getting a box they are guaranteed a fixture against Man United, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project etc..... It will be convenient for them to get to, and it will be brand new.

In our new stadium, I think we will be a bigger draw not because we are a better team, but mainly because we will also have NFL and more going on. West Ham are only going to get football related income, so any other events that are run there, they will not see a penny of.

Excellent post. This will have go a long way to West Ham closing the gap on us. Even if the people using the box are not West Ham fans, by getting a box they are guaranteed a fixture against Man United, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project etc..... It will be convenient for them to get to, and it will be brand new.

In our new stadium, I think we will be a bigger draw not because we are a better team, but mainly because we will also have NFL and more going on. West Ham are only going to get football related income, so any other events that are run there, they will not see a penny of.
...also you can actually see football at our stadium. Has to be a plus.

...also you can actually see football at our stadium. Has to be a plus.

I guarantee that will be a non issue to money paying corporates.

It bothers you because you are a football fan wanting to watch the football, you are not EY wanting to smooze maybe or maybe not West Ham Supporters in a top end Box in the Olympic stadium, where the catering offering is excellent because the facilities will be new and purpose built.

It will beat the chicken and potatoes that they serve at the minute, actually the last time I was at Spurs the Corp Hos offering was utter pony...and I am not talking about the old sponsor

It bothers you because you are a football fan wanting to watch the football, you are not EY wanting to smooze maybe or maybe not West Ham Supporters in a top end Box in the Olympic stadium, where the catering offering is excellent because the facilities will be new and purpose built.

It will beat the chicken and potatoes that they serve at the minute, actually the last time I was at Spurs the Corp Hos offering was utter pony...and I am not talking about the old sponsor

45345602.cached.jpg

I'll be interesting to see if they can maintain the interest after the first season. It is undeniable that the transport links are good but if the football is bad and the view poor, I am sure that will have an impact once the novelty has worn off.

I've got a few mates of that persuasion, a group of nine we fans got their OS season tickets last week, they bought 27 between them

I think it will have an effect but won't be the be all and end all. Ultimately corporate hospitality is about offering something that is entertaining and also being associated with a winning team. If West Ham don't improve their results, then the number of companies that would want to associate themselves with them will be lower. The other thing is the offensive chants and atmosphere. A lot of businesses will not want to be associated with anti-semetic, racist fans/songs. If you're trying to close a deal worth millions or thank a client for signing you, the last thing you will want to hear is a couple of thousand fans chanting about how many foreskins there are in the crowd.

To be fair they are building a decent squad there and will probably be bought out in the next few years ( etc Emirates Marketing Project) and will be attracting some big names I think. Like it or not they have got the potential to be very big.

Also they tend to tie up all corporate deals into longer term, it won't just be about season 1.

Anyway time will tell on this.

Back