• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

The fact that Arsenal have lost 3 in a row and are still only 3 points behind us with a game in hand is criminal.

Arsenal v Man U is huge.

It's still in our hands and Brighton was our hardest game (not including the upcoming defeat to Liverpool) of the run in.
It's going to a limp for all three (which is actually great- we can't bemoan unbalanced leagues and then also complain that "lower" teams beat us. It's healthy competition.).

Arsenal v Man U is huge.

It's still in our hands and Brighton was our hardest game (not including the upcoming defeat to Liverpool) of the run in.
It's going to a limp for all three (which is actually great- we can't bemoan unbalanced leagues and then also complain that "lower" teams beat us. It's healthy competition.).

Agreed, all in our hands. 4 wins (max does it).

Ideally Arse lose at Cheatski and then Arse-Man U draw. Gives us a 2 point lead on both of them before we play BRentford

I think you're being harsh on Brighton. They've had a poor run but are actually a good team that has a prob finishing their chances.
When looking at their players, I'd say they are underperforming. They have a decent squad. Lacking firepower up front but other than that, it's not a bad team. Bissuma is arguably one of the best midfielders in the league, Lamptey is a very very good back/wingback, Cucurella is a consistent performer, their CB's are no nonsense defenders, Caicedo is promising, Trossard, Lallana, Maupay etc. They should do better imo.

Arsenal v Man U is huge.

I’d say both Brentford away and the NLD will definitely be harder than today; arguably Leicester too.

When looking at their players, I'd say they are underperforming. They have a decent squad. Lacking firepower up front but other than that, it's not a bad team. Bissuma is arguably one of the best midfielders in the league, Lamptey is a very very good back/wingback, Cucurella is a consistent performer, their CB's are no nonsense defenders, Caicedo is promising, Trossard, Lallana, Maupay etc. They should do better imo.
Agree with most of that other than the lamptey hype. He is a £20m wing back currently being massively hyped because of highlight reels and the English tax….

I’d say both Brentford away and the NLD will definitely be harder than today; arguably Leicester too.
Both those sides will attack with more space though IMO
Because Brighton played with no strikers they had so many options in midfield which we didn’t deal with.
Brentford play with forwards and arsenal do too so there will be space to play in

I don't agree. I think some of those players look a lot better than they are because they're in a set system, they have a engrained way of playing, etc. That hides a lot of weaknesses.

Its similar to how under Wenger Arse would have a player out injured and bring in some kid, and he suddenly looked a world beater. It wasnt the player, it was the system

Some of the players (eg Bissouma) look genuinely good, however some of them would look very average if you saw them in another team

I don't agree. I think some of those players look a lot better than they are because they're in a set system, they have a engrained way of playing, etc. That hides a lot of weaknesses.

Its similar to how under Wenger Arse would have a player out injured and bring in some kid, and he suddenly looked a world beater. It wasnt the player, it was the system

Some of the players (eg Bissouma) look genuinely good, however some of them would look very average if you saw them in another team
Disagree with the last bit
They play a variety of systems but they always play to keep the ball
They had two full backs at centre back yesterday and we didn’t hurt them. That’s coaching but also ability to play
I said it in the ground yesterday we would see two of the most well coached sides in the league
The issue we had is you can only do so much with players in the time you have and you do still need players to have some ability and scope

Lamptey, Cucurella and Bissouma are all very good players, with Bissouma the standout player. However in attack they do not have great players, Trossard is ok, but Lallana and especially Maupay and Wellbeck are not good enough. Maupay and Wellbeck are Championship level strikers.

Still think its a North London shootout

That run-in of United. Every one of that last 6 is tough. Even Brentford at home. They just got past Norwich, and I would say on current form Brentford are at least 50% if not more, better than them

Assuming United do lose at Anfield. Looking at their run-in I would say it would not be a bad thing if they won at Arsenal. A point at Anfield, and then we need them to be drawing next Saturday

Back