• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Italian Football Thread

I think he is an excellent leader organiser of the backline, reads and anticipates the game very well. What irritates me the most about missing out on him is that not only was he cheap but he actually wanted to come to Spurs because Son was here.

After two years he has a 45million Euro buy out clause, if Napoli have any sense they will offer him a new deal and increase to at least 100m euros.

I think he is an excellent leader organiser of the backline, reads and anticipates the game very well. What irritates me the most about missing out on him is that not only was he cheap but he actually wanted to come to Spurs because Son was here.

Everyone else in Europe decided to pass too, that's why he moved to Turkey for £2.5m. You win some...

I'm guessing we didn't want him.

Youtube vids are great.

Another thing that is funny is in the summer i said if i had my way dier and davies would be backup and we'd have better starters. You replied with
If that is your logic we might as well upgrade every single player that is not WORLD CLASS. Now tell me, how many undisputable WORLD CLASS players do we truly have?

Everyone else in Europe decided to pass too, that's why he moved to Turkey for £2.5m. You win some...

And yet he was still available in
Another thing that is funny is in the summer i said if i had my way dier and davies would be backup and we'd have better starters. You replied with

Well you were obviously right because both should have been upgraded upon. But on the other hand I was kind of right because I think at least half of that team is not good enough for where we want to go and we simply cannot afford ro replace them all.

Also, maybe if we had signed Kim when I wanted as to sign him at least one of them would already have been a backup in the first place

Youtube vids are great.

I definitely did not want him because while he might look good on the ball, but I think he is a poor defender. I said that in the summer and I stand by that now.[/QUOTE]

Was just pointing out youtube vids are a brick metric to judge a player. Anyone can look good.

I don't know if kim would be great or not. I think that lenglet is a stop gap and we will get at least 1 cb in the summer.

@

I definitely did not want him because while he might look good on the ball, but I think he is a poor defender. I said that in the summer and I stand by that now

I definitely did not want him because while he might look good on the ball, but I think he is a poor defender. I said that in the summer and I stand by that now.

Was just pointing out youtube vids are a brick metric to judge a player. Anyone can look good.

I don't know if kim would be great or not. I think that lenglet is a stop gap and we will get at least 1 cb in the summer.[/QUOTE]

With Kim I do not rely on utube clips, he plays for Napoli who are a team I keep an eye on because they have Victor Osimhen playing up front

He replaced Rodon as Davies' cover, so that is an upgrade

We concede goals mainly because our formation handicaps us and we dont have enough possession

Well actually Rodon hardly played for us while Lenglet seems to be playing more than than Davies so it would be disingenuous to call him cover for Davies. I think neither Davies, Rodon, Dier, Lenglet or Sess are good enough to be regular starters for a team that wants to seriously consider challenging for the title.

I also think it is a myth to think that playing 3 central defenders would automatically make us better defensively. I would rather we play a back 4, and have better protection with a midfield 3.

We still seem to concede shed loads of goals so the improvements seems negligible.
None have come from him being stupid though
Hugo has been at fault for 3 of the 5 goals we have conceded that have been down to individual errors according to some stats I read

I also think it is a myth to think that playing 3 central defenders would automatically make us better defensively. I would rather we play a back 4, and have better protection with a midfield 3.

That's what I meant. 3 CBs is a crap formation really. It's pointless unless your opponent is playing two proper CFs.

None have come from him being stupid though
Hugo has been at fault for 3 of the 5 goals we have conceded that have been down to individual errors according to some stats I read

More individual errors when you don't have possession though. GKs in more assertive teams can go through games being essentially redundant.

More individual errors when you don't have possession though. GKs in more assertive teams can go through games being essentially redundant.

The old excuse
His errors havent come under pressure
We had more possession vs villa
We had more possession in the start of the second half vs arsenal when he made his mistake (3 mins of play)
I can’t remember the third one off the top of my head

Back