• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The inside Forward Conundrum

So it's widely expected we're going to sign a wide forward but who shall we go for? Most think Villa but i'm of the opinion that he will want to play centrally so who else is out there that we have a chance of getting. Here's my suggestions (in no particular order):

1) Nani = a couple of seasons ago he looked like he will reach Ronaldo levels but it's gone downhill. Personally i rate him very highly and think he will do an excellent job in that role.

2) Alexis Sanchez = I know there's little to no chance BUT the signing of Neymar may mean he's surplus to requirements. It's extremely unlikely though being that they wouldn't get rid of him and Villa

3) Mirko Vucinic = Well they've got Tevez and Llorente coming in so he may be sacrificed. I think he's an awesome player but age isn't on his side.

I can't think of many more. Hmmmmm one player that i rate could excel there is Bryan Ruiz from Fulham. on his day he's a damn good player that could offer a lot coming inside from a wide position.

I'd take the first two.

I want Bernard though, if not then I think Eriksen could play there. 21, affordable, talented.

I think Villa because of what Dubai said in the Gomez thread:

In my view, we should look to Villa to be the left-wing forward in our 4-3-3. His game is based around movement into the side channels around the two (or three) centre-backs (see the number of acute angles he finished from in 2012-2013) and he's used to quick-release passing as a means of switching up the attack, having been an important cog of a Barca side that veered between being a direct, 'run at the back line' type side when Messi drove down the middle to a more cerebral, pass-and-advance side when the occasion demanded it.Also, he's not the fastest or the strongest, which is undoubtedly a concern in the physical Premier League: ergo, stationing him out wide with a license to drift inside would allow him to play to his strengths without putting him directly up against the standard overly-bulky PL centre-back.

Other options for me: Sigurdsson perhaps? The Croat kid Rebic? Vucinic isn't a bad shout actually. I'm a bit stumped really.

The most important thing though is that their game is about guile and movement, and not pace and power.

Great post KD. Such an important role now too. I agree with what skyfarer is saying in other threads re a player comfortable on the ball who can dictate our play. I can deal with the power in midfield if we can match it with some finesse up top.

If it is Villa I hope he plays up top, and we get a playmaking inside forward, alongside Bale. I like the idea of any of those suggested but we will continue to struggle really dominating with the ball in and around the oppo box at home

I think Villa because of what Dubai said in the Gomez thread:

Other options for me: Sigurdsson perhaps? The Croat kid Rebic? Vucinic isn't a bad shout actually. I'm a bit stumped really.

The most important thing though is that their game is about guile and movement, and not pace and power.

Well said. We have plenty of power now

I think Alex Sanchez is done at Barca if they get a good bid for him, even with Villa leaving. If he would join us though, I'm not sure.

Some very good suggestions already, apart from Ruiz. :) Vucinic is a good shout, wouldn't be too expensive and could interchange with Villa very easily.

How about Ben Arfa? Not the highest rated on here at times, but at his best he's very good. Perhaps he could get some consistency playing for us?

Or how about Muniain? His stock has dropped, but he's still only 20 and is obviously very talented. Perhaps gettable at this point after his more mediocre season?

Edit: Not to forget the magnificent Dempsey :) Might be the answer short term.

Rebic looks very comfortable on the ball from what i saw in the Fifa world cup. plays that left forward role very well. Deulofeu also plays this role. Both are still young and inexperienced though

I like what rossi suggested regarding Eriksen. He is still available and will be cheap. Has the class to learn that position imo, very intelligent.

Alex Sanchez has goals in him. If he can recapture his Udinese form he could be a handful, but there he played more on the right iirc. Not sure if he is smart enough to povide the guile though

right now id take Eriksen I think

I have a sneaky suspicion we will also go for Remy - itll be like 5m plus Parker or something like that. Which would be a bit of a bargain

I have a sneaky suspicion we will also go for Remy - itll be like 5m plus Parker or something like that. Which would be a bit of a bargain

Wouldn't be against that although i haven't seen him play on the left side of a front 3. He impressed me at QPR though that's for sure.

Rebic looks very comfortable on the ball from what i saw in the Fifa world cup. plays that left forward role very well. Deulofeu also plays this role. Both are still young and inexperienced though

I like what rossi suggested regarding Eriksen. He is still available and will be cheap. Has the class to learn that position imo, very intelligent.

Alex Sanchez has goals in him. If he can recapture his Udinese form he could be a handful, but there he played more on the right iirc. Not sure if he is smart enough to povide the guile though

right now id take Eriksen I think

Has Eriksen ever played that role?

a poster on here who claims to watch a lot of French football said Remy is no way a wide/inside forward.

after the allegations leveled at him recently for his off the field antics i don't expect us to be anywhere near signing him tbh - will get a move to someone like West Ham who need to buy in the damaged goods section in order to pick up a player the level above what they usually can attract

Wouldn't be against that although i haven't seen him play on the left side of a front 3. He impressed me at QPR though that's for sure.

I think he would be an astute signing. Not too expensive and a bit more clinical than Lennon - although they can both compete for that role though.

I can imagine he has a release clause.

a poster on here who claims to watch a lot of French football said Remy is no way a wide/inside forward.

after the allegations leveled at him recently for his off the field antics i don't expect us to be anywhere near signing him tbh - will get a move to someone like West Ham who need to buy in the damaged goods section in order to pick up a player the level above what they usually can attract

Yeah but like you say allegations, innocent until guilty etc. Besides whilst im all up for only buying players who wouldnt bring any disruptions or negative media attention it happens especially to footballers.

What happened with the lennon, thudd debacle that was in the papers a couple of months ago? I suppose a load of brick.

i reckon Remy at £5m is a great deal. If we were to end up selling him we'd easily get that back for him, even profit.

I think he was great at QPR. He's a real good finisher.

I dont think the front three will be in their permanenet positions, I think they wil all interchange etc. Bale on the right as he could cut in, Remy on left as he could cut in ahd Villa or whoever in middle. Or maybe Villa (hopefully) is being brought in to play in that role

Back