• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

TRANSFER: Swansea sign Dutch left-back Dwight Tiendalli on a free transfer, subject to Premier League and international clearance.

Just like when I was kept hearing how noone would want Moyes at Spurs because Everton play cr*p football. Utter nonsense....

His teams do play utter crap though. I wouldnt say he should never manage us, because that should be decided by more knowledgeable people - but i keep hearing how he has been at everton so long and been so successful - and yet every year we play them their tactics dont extend much beyond 'foul opponents at every opportunity and hopefully nick a goal'. 10-12 years whatever it is is perfectly long enough to conclude that the style if play now is exactly what he wants.

i certanly wouldnt be desperate to watch that brick every week

if Falcao can play the lone striker role in an AVB team, then Rossi can do it too........we need, AVB needs, a clinical finisher with excellent movement. Rossi can provide both skill sets

Completely different players. Falcao is a proper #9 who can play with his back to goal and hold the ball up, link play etc. (albeit he is a bit under 6'). Rossi is a scurrying midget who lives on through balls.

Completely different players. Falcao is a proper #9 who can play with his back to goal and hold the ball up, link play etc. (albeit he is a bit under 6'). Rossi is a scurrying midget who lives on through balls.

in your opinion of course

I disagree anyway...funny ol' game

Some "ITK" to laugh at/get upset by:

From Hoofhearted on COYS, the one who knows Darren Bent's dad or something:

I was just going to post a thread about AVB and players at the club, then saw this thread.

So; was speaking to someone yesterday (no names but I guess you all know who I mean) and have been told that Daws is mightily tinkled off, was told by AVB he would play major part in this years team although rotation was being introduced, he would be club captain, then told club had accepted a bid from QPR, no reason given, he id going to Sunderland in January, would have gone in the last transfer window but O'Neill didn't have the cash !!!!

Huddlestone, Jenas and Defoe have been treated similarly, and before you say Defoe has signed a new contract, that is Levy, can ask more for him if he sells due to length of contract remaining.

VdV would have stayed had it not been made obvious to him that Gylfi was going to be first choice for the one position, not even a "Gylfi and you will be fighting for the same position."

Players out on loan won't be coming back, Bentley is so happy, not bothered about looking for another club, happy just to take the money.

JJetset:

"Yes i can.
I expect the players you mentioned plus JJ to go on loan to champ clubs and not sure where Tom is going but he simply cannot run, he is so out of shape(a joke in training) i cant believe he was on the bench let alone brought on and look what happened. tinkle poor effort all round and the coaches are responsible !!He needs to play, he didnt play all last week then he gets put in the squad and brought on! you couldn't make this sh*t up."

& with regards to who the coaches are:

"computer geeks and Freund etc !! sorry statisticians...."

While I agree that Falcao and Rossi are different players I think you are seriously underestimating Rossi if you think that he is "a scurrying midget who lives on through balls". The guy is pure class and was up there with the best strikers in the Spanish league for the 2010/11 season. I watched him a lot and was desperate for Spurs to sign him but realistically knew it wouldn't happen. He may not come back that player but he didn't get a €30mil price tag for nothing.

Some "ITK" to laugh at/get upset by:

From Hoofhearted on COYS, the one who knows Darren Bent's dad or something:

I was just going to post a thread about AVB and players at the club, then saw this thread.

So; was speaking to someone yesterday (no names but I guess you all know who I mean) and have been told that Daws is mightily tinkled off, was told by AVB he would play major part in this years team although rotation was being introduced, he would be club captain, then told club had accepted a bid from QPR, no reason given, he id going to Sunderland in January, would have gone in the last transfer window but O'Neill didn't have the cash !!!!

Huddlestone, Jenas and Defoe have been treated similarly, and before you say Defoe has signed a new contract, that is Levy, can ask more for him if he sells due to length of contract remaining.

VdV would have stayed had it not been made obvious to him that Gylfi was going to be first choice for the one position, not even a "Gylfi and you will be fighting for the same position."

Players out on loan won't be coming back, Bentley is so happy, not bothered about looking for another club, happy just to take the money.

JJetset:

"Yes i can.
I expect the players you mentioned plus JJ to go on loan to champ clubs and not sure where Tom is going but he simply cannot run, he is so out of shape(a joke in training) i cant believe he was on the bench let alone brought on and look what happened. tinkle poor effort all round and the coaches are responsible !!He needs to play, he didnt play all last week then he gets put in the squad and brought on! you couldn't make this sh*t up."

& with regards to who the coaches are:

"computer geeks and Freund etc !! sorry statisticians...."

I've missed the flimflam from them in a strange way. It's like crack, you know its not good for you but once you taste it you want more.

They've both fallen in the agenda trap. Current manager doesn't like my favorite players, must spread bad news. :lol:

As amazing as Falcao is, he's not great with his back to goal or link up play. So much so that he often wouldn't start for Colombia as they didn't play the right system for him.

As amazing as Falcao is, he's not great with his back to goal or link up play. So much so that he often wouldn't start for Colombia as they didn't play the right system for him.

good point

Falcao a proper number 9 :lol:

Falcao a proper number 9 :lol:

Absolutely yes

One of the most complete strikers at the moment - very little defficiencies in his game

He has also started 9 of Coloumbia's last 11 competitive games so I'm not sure where mjc23 got that one from

Last edited:
reports in Italy that Fiorentina and Emirates Marketing Project close to agreement for the transfer of Jovetic next summer

Fulham have signed Greece midfielder Giorgos Karagounis on a free transfer until the end of the season.

Right now, looking at the squad, the one essential buy is striker IMO.

Even if Togo dont make the ANC we will need back up to Ade and Defoe simply isnt it. The season hinges on weaknesses like that getting addressed.

Spot on. This is still the gaping hole in the squad. But never mind, we have four goalkeepers!

TOTTENHAM are ready to cough up the bulk of Jermaine Jenas’ £45,000-a-week wages in a bid to help push through the midfielder’s loan switch to Leeds.

The Championship outfit want Jenas, 29, on a three-month deal because of injuries to key midfielders Paul Green and David Norris — but they cannot afford his pay.

Leeds boss Neil Warnock, also considering a bid for QPR’s Shaun Derry, said: He admitted: “We are looking all over for a midfield player to join us before the weekend.

“We have asked about a couple and we should know soon because we need someone in there. We are looking at what there is around.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4533285/Jermaine-Jenas-eyes-Leeds-loan-as-Spurs-agree-to-pay-wages.html

A journo on twitter, who's been decent in the past, says they're close to getting Tonge from Stoke.

Maicon to Emirates Marketing Project? When the fudge did that happen?
Totally missed that bit of news.

We were linked with him in he summer also, some said he would be mustard, others were sceptical and thought he was more of a midfield/winger type of guy more than a striker. I don't really know, but he looks really good on Youtube!

Back