• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Immense Struggle to avoid the European Conference League

This is very much my take on it.

If the next coach is the right man then we will benefit in the long term by missing out this season. The new man gets more training time to implement his system, the players have clearer weeks to really digest the new requests and they have no excuse for jetlag.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Not just the players. Anyone who regularly travels on business will tell you how much time it takes out of their lives.

As far as I can tell, we're not allowed to fly 4th in the pecking order management to Goatfudgeistan with the reserves/kids for the matches, so it means we lose our management team for at least a couple of days too. They'll be able to make up some of the time on the plane/in the hotel but won't be nearly as efficient as if they'd stayed in the office.

Yeah and tbf I think we’d all like to be in Europe every year.

The question though is if that’s what’s actually best for us right now based on where we are as a club. There are 3 things to consider:

1. This team has a mentality problem and has shown an inability to deal with pressure. A season with lowered expectations could help rebuild some confidence. Good for the new manager also to start with lower expectations

2. We’ll be implementing a completely different style of play, so that extra time on the training pitch will be invaluable

3. There are some glaring gaps in our squad. No Europe means we can focus on plugging those gaps with quality rather than resourcing for a bigger squad to tackle Europe. Quality over quantity
Sometimes it’s best to just put your foot on the ball temporarily before going again.

But still it doesn’t feel great to be out of Europe

I do not disagree with your points ( they are good ones) but imo you can not beat a away day in Europe.

I do not disagree with your points ( they are good ones) but imo you can not beat a away day in Europe.
I'll take no Euro away days for (one season and) a potentially higher league finish and a concerted philosophy implementation.

I just really think it will be good for us in the long run.

I'll take no Euro away days for (one season and) a potentially higher league finish and a concerted philosophy implementation.

I just really think it will be good for us in the long run.

Fair enough.Not sure it will attract players during the summer if we do not though.

Fair enough.Not sure it will attract players during the summer if we do not though.
That's a point, but I don't think the ECL would be the difference between attracting players or not. I would imagine it would matter for the CL and maybe the EL but the ECL I don't really see it. Hopefully I'm right. [emoji28]

That's a point, but I don't think the ECL would be the difference between attracting players or not. I would imagine it would matter for the CL and maybe the EL but the ECL I don't really see it. Hopefully I'm right. [emoji28]

I'd imagine the prospect of ECL would put a lot of players off.

Long journeys, freshly ploughed pitches, Sunday League footballers. All a recipe for injury.

I'm sure younger unproven players would love to play more games and win anything. But got to balance that with the attention of the coaching staff and time to drill the playing philosophy into the first team. With Ange, I hope he rebuilds with a much younger set of players to put pressure on the older ones sooner. From that perspective more games would have been better.

Back