• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 'Hello, I'm New Here' Thread

Greetings,

As my name suggests, I am an older (gentle?)man. I first started supporting Sours in the Double year, as did many others, and also because about tht time my youngest uncle, a football nut, married a girl from Edmonton, and was not given a choice as to who he had to support after that. Before he supported Brentford, so he traded up at least. My first visit to WHL was with my Dad for a Liverpool game. The Scousers (way before they were Bin Dippers) positioned themselves at the back of the terrace we were on and started out throwing eggs and other stuff, then somehow managed to combine their collective consciousness enough to all push at once and cause a crowd collapse. My Dad got a cracked rib as he fell against a crash barrier. Went with my uncle after that.

Was sort of a part time fan in the 70s and 80s, but got to a game now and again. In the 70s, well erm, I can't remember the 70s, and in the 80s as I was working on becoming the next computer billionaire. I then met my now wife and moved across the water to Philadelphia. Started visiting this forum as a link to people who called football football. Actually, it's good to see how football/soccer has progressed over here, and it's no longer a game kids only play until they are old enough to play hand egg ball. Support for the national team in this WC was amazing.

Anyway, thought it was about time I signed up and gave you lot the benefit of my sage wisdom.

I cannot wait! :)

Greetings,

As my name suggests, I am an older (gentle?)man. I first started supporting Sours in the Double year, as did many others, and also because about tht time my youngest uncle, a football nut, married a girl from Edmonton, and was not given a choice as to who he had to support after that. Before he supported Brentford, so he traded up at least. My first visit to WHL was with my Dad for a Liverpool game. The Scousers (way before they were Bin Dippers) positioned themselves at the back of the terrace we were on and started out throwing eggs and other stuff, then somehow managed to combine their collective consciousness enough to all push at once and cause a crowd collapse. My Dad got a cracked rib as he fell against a crash barrier. Went with my uncle after that.

Was sort of a part time fan in the 70s and 80s, but got to a game now and again. In the 70s, well erm, I can't remember the 70s, and in the 80s as I was working on becoming the next computer billionaire. I then met my now wife and moved across the water to Philadelphia. Started visiting this forum as a link to people who called football football. Actually, it's good to see how football/soccer has progressed over here, and it's no longer a game kids only play until they are old enough to play hand egg ball. Support for the national team in this WC was amazing.

Anyway, thought it was about time I signed up and gave you lot the benefit of my sage wisdom.

Welcome, extremely old man! I'll take some of that internet billionaire wisdom, please.

Hi Everyone!
Greetings from northern Norway! I'm a new member of this forum, though I've been reading it for some time, especially the NDP thread. Been a THFC bronze member for about 10 years, and a huge Spurs fan for about 25 years.
Anyway, Since I've been browsing this forum regularly for the past 6-8 months, I thought it was about time to sign up here. :) Don't know how much I can/will contribute with here, but I do have some contacts/informants in financial organisations dealing with THFC that might come in handy from time to time.

COYS!

Welcome, extremely old man! I'll take some of that internet billionaire wisdom, please.

Well, "working on" becoming the next internet billionaire didn't amount to becoming one. There's some wisdom for you. And less of the "extremely" old - just old will do.

EDIT: I thought that reply was lighthearted when I wrote it, then read it again, and decided that maybe I am a grumpy old man.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!
Greetings from northern Norway! I'm a new member of this forum, though I've been reading it for some time, especially the NDP thread. Been a THFC bronze member for about 10 years, and a huge Spurs fan for about 25 years.
Anyway, Since I've been browsing this forum regularly for the past 6-8 months, I thought it was about time to sign up here. :) Don't know how much I can/will contribute with here, but I do have some contacts/informants in financial organisations dealing with THFC that might come in handy from time to time.

COYS!

Welcome! It's cool to see more support from Norway and beyond.

Well, "working on" becoming the next internet billionaire didn't amount to becoming one. There's some wisdom for you. And less of the "extremely" old - just old will do.

EDIT: I thought that reply was lighthearted when I wrote it, then read it again, and decided that maybe I am a grumpy old man.

I don't mind old men being grumpy, it's a privilege earned with age. Do you shake your fist at skateboarders? I like to post random pictures and not contribute to rational conversations.

baxter.jpg

I don't mind old men being grumpy, it's a privilege earned with age. Do you shake your fist at skateboarders? I like to post random pictures and not contribute to rational conversations.

I just make irrational contributions to rational conversations interspersed with random disapproving noises.

Talking of pictures, a newbie question for you - in order for a picture to appear on here full size without a thumbnail saying "attached file", does it have to be hosted?

I just make irrational contributions to rational conversations interspersed with random disapproving noises.

Talking of pictures, a newbie question for you - in order for a picture to appear on here full size without a thumbnail saying "attached file", does it have to be hosted?

Just try unticking the box that says "retrieve and host image locally" or something like that.

WTF has happened to this place? Where are the traditional welcomes?

I've a good mind to pack you all off to one of Swellsy's dancing clubs for the summer. Teach you all a lesson about manners.

It's to do with the anti cyber bullying campaigns. I fear I might get into trouble if I stick the old man's head down the toilet and ram a trout up his rear at the same time. It's just not cyberly accepted anymore.

So go head, you send me off to Swellsy dancing club for the summer - but know this: when I return, I'm gonna serve you so, so bad.

[video=youtube;IDmwZVWGG4Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDmwZVWGG4Y[/video]

It's to do with the anti cyber bullying campaigns. I fear I might get into trouble if I stick the old man's head down the toilet and ram a trout up his rear at the same time. It's just not cyberly accepted anymore.

How long do I have to keep my head down this toilet waiting for you and your 'kin trout?

How long do I have to keep my head down this toilet waiting for you and your 'kin trout?

I'm sorry, you'll have to find yourself another trout violateur, I'm practicing my left foot right foot over at Swellsy's camp. Scara's gonna get served like fries at McD's by the end of this!

Hi all, supie here from Sydney down under. Tried to register a few times over the years but email verification always an issue. I have however today seemed to have cracked IT si looking forward to some great discussion.

Hi all
I've just joined this forum having been a Spurs supporter/fan for over 40 years and having had a season ticket in the eighties for the old standing enclosure, I have fond memories of going to the 1981 F.A.cup final and replay at Wembley, but I am a bit frustrated with our lack of goals at the moment so thought I would join in here with the discussions.

Steve:)

Back