• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Greatest Gigs You Never Saw......

I've got the There and Then video by Oasis. It's mainly from Maine Road with a few from an arena show as well. Its when they were at their peak as it's after the first two albums. Songs like Acquiesce and Swamp Song and The Masterplan were played. Would have loved to have been at the Maine Road gig.

it was earls court

If anyone never saw Thin Lizzy live, and wants to..... just click on this and sit back. You are in for a treat.

[video=youtube;WulRA48x7LM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WulRA48x7LM[/video]

Ive seen Oasis a number of times including the Milton Keynes Bowl (which wasnt very good) but at Wembley they were excellent as well as Earls Court. Im surprised by comments on here, I think they were great live. Sometimes the sound system itself is ****e. I went to see Red Hot Chili Peppers at Hyde Park, sounded like ****e although im sure theyre excellent but the sound system used just abysmal - this was james brown supporting.

1. The Beatles

Hamburg, Liverpool or Shea Stadium 1965. Or anywhere just to have seen them. Music gods.

2. Rolling Stones.

Eel Pie island early 60's. Not unplugged but definately raw.

3. The Jam

100 club 1977. 'We wanna say, We wanna tell ya, about the young idea, and if it don't work at least we f//king tried'!!

4. James Brown

Harlem's Appollo Theatre.

Whenever he played there. Dirty. Funky.

5. Elvis Presley

Anywhere he played. Mid 50's. Before RCA and Hollywood cut his nuts off.

1. Otis Redding with Booker T. & the M.G.'s Monterey 1967.

2. Pink Floyd 1977 Animals tour.

3. Zappa 1988 tour.

4. Tool 2001 tour with King Crimson.

5. Weather Report around 1977.

Ive seen Oasis a number of times including the Milton Keynes Bowl (which wasnt very good) but at Wembley they were excellent as well as Earls Court. Im surprised by comments on here, I think they were great live. Sometimes the sound system itself is ****e. I went to see Red Hot Chili Peppers at Hyde Park, sounded like ****e although im sure theyre excellent but the sound system used just abysmal - this was james brown supporting.

I was at the Chili Peppers in Hyde Park. Truly awful. We left halfway and went to the pub.

Metallica in Seattle on the damaged Justice tour in 88. Best metal band on the planet at the time at the very top of their game.

the main one for me though would be Queen at Wembley in 86

My first thought too. Seeing Queen tops my list, and from the sound of the album this must have been a hell of a concert.

Also seeing early AC/DC with Bon Scott is a must for me.

After that, so hard to choose! Hendrix, Beatles, Elvis, original GnR, Nirvana, Pink Floyd at their prime - so much to choose from! Would probably go with Beatles, Elvis and GnR, although this would take some serious consideration before I made up my mind.

Back