• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Greatest Gigs You Never Saw......

Metallica - Day on the Green 1985.
Or in fact any Metallica gig where Cliff would have been playing. I still watch with awe 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' and Cliff with his foot up on the monitor and hair going crazy.

[video=youtube_share;yNrjN2AYIY0]http://youtu.be/yNrjN2AYIY0[/video]

Alice in Chains - Brixton Academy 1993
I was working in Brixton at the time and couldn't afford the tickets. Having to queue up for my bus home right next to the venue and watching people start to gather for the show was heartbreaking.

Faith No More - Brixton Academy 1991
Again, I was totally skint and missed one of the greatest live shows ever.

Jimi Hendrix - Monterey 1967
No brainer.

Led Zep - Maddison Sq Garden 1973
People rate this as one of the greatest live performances by Zep ever. I've never seen them live so it makes sense to see them at their best.

Last edited:
Knebworth - Oasis

Easy for me.

Although I would have loved to have been to a Michael Jackson one

I went, not the greatest oasis performance I've seen, the prodigy were awesome though, I was never really into them until seeing them live

I went. I didn't think that it was that good. Oasis had already run out of ideas by then and it was all a bit bloated.

I've never been into Oasis, but saw them at Glasto 95 and was very impressed. My mate I went with also saw them at Knebworth and said the Glasto gig was far, far better.

I've never been into Oasis, but saw them at Glasto 95 and was very impressed. My mate I went with also saw them at Knebworth and said the Glasto gig was far, far better.

I went on the other day. The thing that had the biggest impact on me was Duffy from Primal Scream standing in for Rob Collins in the Charlatans after he died in a car crash the month before.

i saw Oasis at MK Bowl, admittedly way past their peak but it was a very disappointing gig. seen hundreds of bands of the years and id rank it way closer to the bottom than the the top.

I just missed out on the Smiths, I would have loved to have seen them on any tour.

I agree with Steff on the Pistols, Bowie and the Who. The Stooges and VUs would've been awesome, anything first time out will do me. I would have loved to have seen James Brown early, Little Richard must have seemed like he came from another planet in the mid-fifties, Otis Redding was meant to a brilliant performer so I will add the Stax Revue so I get Booker T & the MGs, Eddie Floyd, Sam & Dave and Carla and Rufus Thomas too.

Shrewd move. What a line up that was

i saw Oasis at MK Bowl, admittedly way past their peak but it was a very disappointing gig. seen hundreds of bands of the years and id rank it way closer to the bottom than the the top.

i was at that one as well, i remember quite enjoying it, don't believe the truth had just come out and they played quite a few from it, turn up the sun is a good opening to a gig

Haven't got a clue on specific gigs/dates, but I'd have liked to have seen:
Thin Lizzy, Jailbreak lineup.
Rainbow, Graham Bonnet/Down To Earth lineup.
GnR, original lineup.
Skid Row, with Seb Bach and Rob Affuso still in tow.
The Hellacopters before they broke up.

Alice in Chains - Brixton Academy 1993
I was working in Brixton at the time and couldn't afford the tickets. Having to queue up for my bus home right next to the venue and watching people start to gather for the show was heartbreaking.

:eek: sorry mate. i was one of them...

I've got the There and Then video by Oasis. It's mainly from Maine Road with a few from an arena show as well. Its when they were at their peak as it's after the first two albums. Songs like Acquiesce and Swamp Song and The Masterplan were played. Would have loved to have been at the Maine Road gig.

Haven't got a clue on specific gigs/dates, but I'd have liked to have seen:
Thin Lizzy, Jailbreak lineup.
Rainbow, Graham Bonnet/Down To Earth lineup.
GnR, original lineup.
Skid Row, with Seb Bach and Rob Affuso still in tow.
The Hellacopters before they broke up.

Hello mate! :)

Eat your heart out time.....:p

I saw Thin Lizzy on the Jalibreak tour. I saw them 15 times live. From the 'Fighting' tour right up to the end. They could have been the biggest band in the world, by the end of the 1970's.
Rainbow. With Ronny James Dio at Manchester Ardwick Apollo in 1977, and on the Down to Earth tour in 1980 (IIRC) at Leicester De Montfort Hall. Both wonderful.
GnR. Very early days. Cannot remember where. Great attitude!
Skid Row. A few times and were great live.
The Hellacopters? You got me beat there! Don't remember them.

Another that some may be interested in...... staying with a mate at Manchester Poly. 1981. My leg in pot. Post-motorbike crash. We go out on the lash. End up at the Poly. for a gig. About 40 in the audience on a Thursday nite. Support were Midnight Lemon Boys, who were great. Whatever happened to them? Then the main act. Thought they were poor, to say the least. You may of heard of them. U2.

Hello mate! :)

Eat your heart out time.....:p

I saw Thin Lizzy on the Jalibreak tour. I saw them 15 times live. From the 'Fighting' tour right up to the end. They could have been the biggest band in the world, by the end of the 1970's.
Rainbow. With Ronny James Dio at Manchester Ardwick Apollo in 1977, and on the Down to Earth tour in 1980 (IIRC) at Leicester De Montfort Hall. Both wonderful.
GnR. Very early days. Cannot remember where. Great attitude!
Skid Row. A few times and were great live.
Jammy bugger :) I was too late for all of them, even though for some there are still versions knocking about the circuit, it never quite stacks up.

The Hellacopters? You got me beat there! Don't remember them.
The Hellacopters, got into them via a copy of their farewell covers album, Head Off. So I was too late before I started :lol:

Breaking my own rule of 5 only please - but what the hell, I've always been a rock 'n' roll anarchist ;), some others I never saw live, but wished I had.

Oasis. Any gig. All lineups. Anywhere. Every album was superb. The new Rolling Stones. Nearly went to see The Inspiral Carpets in the early 1990's. Was that the first Oasis lineup?

Santana. Anytime. A master of the guitar.

Primal Scream and New Order at the Portmeirion Festival a couple of years ago. Did any her go to it? Bet it was magical in that setting, if it was a glorious evening for weather.

http://www.festivalnumber6.com/content/view/137#filter=.cat-overview

Pink Floyd. Wish You Were Here tour/time. Or that Knebwoth they headlined at. 1975.

http://www.knebworthhouse.com/concerts-2/rock-concerts

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/75-knebworth-posters.html

Click on this to enlarge

kneb75-prog-cover.jpg

Last edited:
Back