• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

certainly not based on the performances he put in as BAEs understudy.

Partly i think it's down to a lack of experience. In comparison to Walker and Caulker, the prior before this season, he has far far less experience playing first team football in any of the leagues. He's never really had a long term spell in a premiership team. He's just had starts here and there.

His biggest problem is his positioning, that sending off was always likely to happen as he is always out of position as a defender, there has been several last ditch tackles by him in previous games because he got caught in no mans land as a defender. he has a forwards mentality and because of that his defensive reading of the game is really poor, i would doubt that this will ever change and because of it he will struggle.

His biggest problem is his positioning, that sending off was always likely to happen as he is always out of position as a defender, there has been several last ditch tackles by him in previous games because he got caught in no mans land as a defender. he has a forwards mentality and because of that his defensive reading of the game is really poor, i would doubt that this will ever change and because of it he will struggle.

Hmm poacher turned gamekeeper springs to mind. Maybe its something he can learn to do, but he needs to learn fast, or he will be even further back in the queue for that slot.

Danny Thomas managed to make the change.

Hmm poacher turned gamekeeper springs to mind. Maybe its something he can learn to do, but he needs to learn fast, or he will be even further back in the queue for that slot.

Send him on loan to southampton/reading/west ham. Or one of the challenging Championship teams.

The best way to learn positioning is to play.

Apart from the sending off part that sounds like Walker earlier this season. That was after half a season at QPR, half a season at Villa in the PL and quite a few games for us as well as earlier loans in the Championship. Walker still has a lot of room to improve positionally, but he is improving and so can Rose I think.

Danny Thomas was a FB when we bought him.

Well i must admit i never saw him as a winger, when he played for Coventry against us before we bought him he always played as a RB.

yes he did, that was where they converted him into a right back

Coventry bought his brother (who was crippled out of the game as well - ACL prior to being able to fix them) and Danny got to trial there, for whatever reason they felt he wasn't up to it as a winger.

I went to school with him and his brothers

yes he did, that was where they converted him into a right back

Coventry bought his brother (who was crippled out of the game as well - ACL prior to being able to fix them) and Danny got to trial there, for whatever reason they felt he wasn't up to it as a winger.

I went to school with him and his brothers

Fair enough i did not know that, but it it must have been a lot earlier because when i first saw him 80/81 ( i think) he was already a FB in the first team at Coventry and he was only a kid then.

Momentary moments of genius and momentary moments of madness cannot be what you define a player by.

That said i haven't been particularly impressed by Rose as a LB..

He was actually subbed by Harry at HT, wonder goal aside he looked out of his depth, as he has in nearly every game he has played for us.

Harry took a massive unnecessary gamble having him as cover for BAE, a gamble that cost us dear. Sloppy management without enough attention to detail.

He was actually subbed by Harry at HT, wonder goal aside he looked out of his depth, as he has in nearly every game he has played for us.

Harry took a massive unnecessary gamble having him as cover for BAE, a gamble that cost us dear. Sloppy management without enough attention to detail.

Firstly Rose was taken off that game because he was injured.
Secondly we have seen successive Managers fail to find cover for certain positions on the pitch or our transfer targets full through.

The Manager ALWAYS gets the blame it seems, but I think it's logical to deduce it isn't quite that simple. Many many times in the last decade has a Manager identified a weakness in the team, given a list of players they'd like to plug the hole and for no such player to be purchased.

Firstly Rose was taken off that game because he was injured.
Secondly we have seen successive Managers fail to find cover for certain positions on the pitch or our transfer targets full through.

The Manager ALWAYS gets the blame it seems, but I think it's logical to deduce it isn't quite that simple. Many many times in the last decade has a Manager identified a weakness in the team, given a list of players they'd like to plug the hole and for no such player to be purchased.

Not sure he was injured. In Jan we were going for the title. To think we could win that with Rose in the team is crazy.

Not sure he was injured. In Jan we were going for the title. To think we could win that with Rose in the team is crazy.

No we were not. Only the deluded thought we were in serious contention for the title, especially considering we had our hardest run of the season about to come up.

And Rose wasn't in the team. He was a back up player. People are making out that Rose cost us our entire season. How many games did he start exactly?!

No we were not. Only the deluded thought we were in serious contention for the title, especially considering we had our hardest run of the season about to come up.

And Rose wasn't in the team. He was a back up player. People are making out that Rose cost us our entire season. How many games did he start exactly?!

Harry said we were. It is not the fault of Rose, Harry left us short in Jan and it cost.

Rose is not up to it, that is obvious , we should not have had to play him in such a cruciql match, it was not like we had loads and loads of injuries.

It is just bad management , to have him as cover for BAE.

Harry said we were. It is not the fault of Rose, Harry left us short in Jan and it cost.

Rose is not up to it, that is obvious , we should not have had to play him in such a cruciql match, it was not like we had loads and loads of injuries.

It is just bad management , to have him as cover for BAE.

How many games did we lose with Rose starting at LB?

And Harry says a lot of things and I think it's obvious that most of what he says should be taken well salted.

I think most Spurs fans knew we had no chance for the title ( even if Redknapp did), and Rose is not to blame for our failure to finish third. However he is never going to be a good FB in the prem and the manager has to take some blame for playing him there.

Back