• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

No no NO! WENGER IN! Let him stay!

once he goes they will drop out of the top 4 for a few seasons imo.... he runs the club from top to bottom and there will be a major upheaval when someone new comes in who will demand to spend the 200 mill in their bank, something the Arsanal directors are petrified about because they are just as tight as Wenger. Match made in heaven atm

once he goes they will drop out of the top 4 for a few seasons imo.... he runs the club from top to bottom and there will be a major upheaval when someone new comes in who will demand to spend the 200 mill in their bank, something the Arsanal directors are petrified about because they are just as tight as Wenger. Match made in heaven atm

I think that one of the differences between Ferguson and Wenger, is that Ferguson had his United team playing far better than the sum of its parts at the end of his tenure. That has been true of Wenger in the last but I do not think it is now and his unwillingness to enter the transfer market is holding them back.

I think that one of the differences between Ferguson and Wenger, is that Ferguson had his United team playing far better than the sum of its parts at the end of his tenure. That has been true of Wenger in the last but I do not think it is now and his unwillingness to enter the transfer market is holding them back.
So true. Also no way Ferguson would have settled for top four, and more importantly no way would he let his players think he would. And for me that is wengers biggest mistake, their players see top four as acceptable.

I believe Wenger is far too easy going, he would drive me mad. He is 'Mr Complacent'.
They may actually need a new voice in the dressing room to put a bit of fire in their bellies.

So true. Also no way Ferguson would have settled for top four, and more importantly no way would he let his players think he would. And for me that is wengers biggest mistake, their players see top four as acceptable.
Not just as acceptable but as as being the hallmark of a successful campaign, judging by the way they celebrated at St James Park after pipping us to 4th the other season.

His big problem is he is right there may not be better players out there, but there are different players out there. The Arsenal squad are 'comfortably numb'.....que music.......

Arsenal and Arsene's tactics are simply being found out. If you chart their CL groups and progress since 2010 every year they have progressively got worse. Finishing second has become the norm for them and now even finishing second is looking difficult.
Despite what Neymar says the coaches and players in Europe do not believe that Wenger is a genius and are now swapping notes as to how to beat him. The same tactics are being used now from Zagreb to Monaco to Schalke.

I actually think their Monaco result last spring has meant the clamour of some continental stars to join and play for Wenger has just about halted and he is covering this up with the "i can't find value in the market" nonsense he spouts.

Long may it continue - #WengerIn

(No doubt Neymar will be along in the next day or so detailing ten point discussion points that show how Wenger is correct and that there is no value in the market and how it's all Jose and Pellegrini's fault that Arsenal have gotten progressively worse in the CL each season etc etc)

Last edited:
Arsenal declare attendances far higher than police figures as club count tickets sold rather than fans through turnstiles | Daily Mail Online
Arsenal overstated their Emirates Stadium attendances by up to 5,184 fans per game last season, new figures uncovered by Sportsmail can reveal.

The Gunners boast sell-out crowds for almost every game but there have often been questions about empty seats spotted on television during their Barclays Premier League matches.

And now data released by the Metropolitan Police under Freedom of Information laws show their numbers were overcooked by 21,953 people over the course of last season.
CQu14TPUYAAVmZY.png

surely how many tickets they sold is far more important than how many people actually showed up?
That depends on who you're talking to.

I suspect on-site sponsors are more concerned with the numbers that will actually see their advertising.

good point, I was assuming all local branding was just for tv audiences these days
I'm not sure. It's a very long while since I went to their old brickhole and I've never been to the new one. It might be that all of their sponsors are visible to TV audiences too, in which case on-site eyeballs would be next to worthless.

It might also be relevant should they end up putting any planning applications in - might be tough to argue for a larger stadium when they can't fill the one they have.

I'm not sure. It's a very long while since I went to their old brickhole and I've never been to the new one. It might be that all of their sponsors are visible to TV audiences too, in which case on-site eyeballs would be next to worthless.

It might also be relevant should they end up putting any planning applications in - might be tough to argue for a larger stadium when they can't fill the one they have.

they could just pull an easy jet and sell the same seats twice

Last edited:
surely how many tickets they sold is far more important than how many people actually showed up?

Most clubs would be hoping to fleece a bit more money out of fans once they are in the stadium. A few thousand season ticket holders not turning up to every home game will have a small impact on income.

Most clubs would be hoping to fleece a bit more money out of fans once they are in the stadium. A few thousand season ticket holders not turning up to every home game will have a small impact on income.

i'm sure there is a balance, whilst they may miss out on income its less chance of a picnic basket in the wrong place losing them their health and safety license

plus, we know what arsenal fans are like, they don't have to be at the game to buy one of every item in the club shop

B8rPcIWCUAAnkRL.jpg:large

Dunno what's more detestable: their players taking selfies every time they win a game or their Full Kit clown shoe fans!!

Back