• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

on the whole I find them generally inoffensive, I have gooner mates and they never gloat, they are to busy moaning about their own lot (much like us), the pool fans I know though gloat about everything, I'd had radio silence for years from most of them then after the tanking my phone didn't stop for about three hours, they still go on about Istanbul as if it were yesterday

at the weekend they wanted arsenal to win the cup "to
**** of the spuds"

they are all cnuts of a far higher magnitude

Well whomever is our manager next season should have no problem motivating our players for the NLD, if watching a loop of this Wheelchair taunt doesn't fire them up then quite frankly they don't deserve to wear the shirt.

@TSF: My piece on Jack Wheelchair's FA Cup celebrations - 'Wally Wheelchair rains on Arsenal victory parade' http://po.st/K4riHS #AFC

[tweet]469485465176117249[/tweet]

The Secret Footballer | Football News - Wheelchair

i don't get all the Wheelchair stuff tbh - guys a grade A ****, no doubt but we'd all be loving it if it was the other way around.

plenty of cheers when Robbo and, more recently at the testimonial, Parks got involved a chorus or two of anti Arsenal songs

i don't get all the Wheelchair stuff tbh - guys a grade A ****, no doubt but we'd all be loving it if it was the other way around.

plenty of cheers when Robbo and, more recently at the testimonial, Parks got involved a chorus or two of anti Arsenal songs

I'd be pretty embarrassed if one of our players did the same thing

Well whomever is our manager next season should have no problem motivating our players for the NLD, if watching a loop of this Wheelchair taunt doesn't fire them up then quite frankly they don't deserve to wear the shirt.

@TSF: My piece on Jack Wheelchair's FA Cup celebrations - 'Wally Wheelchair rains on Arsenal victory parade' http://po.st/K4riHS #AFC

[tweet]469485465176117249[/tweet]

The Secret Footballer | Football News - Wheelchair

We are not a club that does revenge. Maybe it's just me but we tend to just feel sorry for ourselves and the opposite seems to happen, instead of using it to motoivate us we become obsessed with it to the point where it winds us up even more thus loosing concentration before loosing again, which leaves us even more wound up.

For example.

Chelsea: 5-1 at Wembley and Munich. 4 games since, two defeats, two draws.

Arsenal: lasagne gate. The season after that we played them four times, two defeats, two draws. Also we still to this day haven't finished above them. Also we've faced them in cups 3 times, losing twice.

Man Utd: Knocked us out of cups GHod knows how many times, never got revenge since. Winning at OT two years in a row is great but you need something they can never forget.

We don't do revenge, we may 'Dare' to but we don't, we've got form.

Should we worry about the prospect of Arsenal buying Benzema after Real buy Suarez?

Would Benzema be the striker that would take them to the next level, and also bring out more from Ozil?

Should we worry about the prospect of Arsenal buying Benzema after Real buy Suarez?

Would Benzema be the striker that would take them to the next level, and also bring out more from Ozil?

Unless Benzema is a pair of balls attached to Ozil's undercarriage he's not what Ozil needs.

Arsenal director Lord Harris of Peckham today promised that Arsene Wenger will be given the money he needs to turn the club into champions.

The board have given Wenger the green light to spend this summer and Lord Harris has not ruled out the prospect of breaking the club’s record transfer fee.

Wenger plans to sign a striker, a midfielder and a right‑back; with the Gunners hoping to use their FA Cup victory as a catalyst for more silverware.

“We want to win the Premier League and the Champions League,” Lord Harris told Standard Sport. “If we buy two or three players then I think we can. We want to win. We don’t want to be second, we don’t want to be third and we don’t want to be fourth. We will support Arsene with the players he wants to buy. He has always been encouraged to spend.”

A reported £100million transfer kitty has been made available but Lord Harris dismissed claims the 64-year-old has been given a spending target.

Arsenal are in a strong position financially and their stadium debt is now down to a manageable level. They have also agreed a new kit deal with Puma, which will strengthen Wenger’s position in the transfer market.

The £42.5million arrival of Mesut Ozil last summer marked a club record transfer fee but, if the right player becomes available, Wenger could reach even greater heights with his spending.

Asked if the board would back Wenger to break the club’s transfer record for a second time in 12 months, Lord Harris said: “We would. It would be easy.”

He added: “There is a lot of paper talk. I wouldn’t say it [the total transfer budget] is £100m, I wouldn’t say it’s £50m and I wouldn’t say it’s £150m.

“If Arsene has asked for any player then we have always backed him to go and buy. With the exception of Messi, Ronaldo or Bale; we could buy most players.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-are-prepared-to-break-club-transfer-record-again-to-become-champions--lord-harris-9416975.html

Aaah, the usual season ticket renewal campaign has started.

Their FA Cup win definitely feels like it is papering over the cracks. In the past I would have said that it would be tough for another manager to get better results there but I am not sure that is true any more.

Yeah, this is SUPERB news.

Arsenal keep the guy who gets them top four over us EVERY year and someone who just won a trophy. Whilst we contest sixth place and barely get to the quarter finals of any trophy we're in.

Exactly. He gets them 4th, no better. The bar is set lower.

They all wanted him sacked 12 months ago.

They wouldn't even know how to sack a manager. Amateurs.

Yeah, this is SUPERB news.

Arsenal keep the guy who gets them top four over us EVERY year and someone who just won a trophy. Whilst we contest sixth place and barely get to the quarter finals of any trophy we're in.

With him in charge they can't compete for the league or CL. That makes him signing a great thing for me.

Back