• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Get on Wigan at 6/1

Arsenal are facing a mounting injury crisis ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final against Wigan with as many as 11 players potentially unavailable.

Arsene Wenger confirmed today that Kieran Gibbs, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Tomas Rosicky are all “at the moment unavailable” but he will give the trio as much time as possible to prove their fitness.

It is understood that Oxlade-Chamberlain has the best chance of recovery from what is believed to be a slight groin problem but Rosicky, who has a thigh injury, and Gibbs are major doubts to face the Championship club.

Arsenal are already without Mathieu Flamini through suspension, while Laurent Koscielny and Mesut Ozil are also sidelined but set to return next week from calf and hamstring problems respectively.

Jack Wheelchair, Theo Walcott, Abou Diaby, Serge Gnabry and Nicklas Bendtner remain injured but Wenger was at least boosted by the news that Aaron Ramsey is in line for his first start since Boxing Day following a second-half cameo in last weekend’s defeat at Everton.

@br_uk: Wenger's future rests on FA Cup Semi says @gunnerblog. Where will the Fickle-O-Meter be tonight? (via @BeardedGenius)
BlAxKlgCAAAz1Xz.jpg

Would it set Arsenal back much if they finished 5th this season?

Also, how would transfer competition between us be, if we finish 6th and install LVG and they finish 5th regardless of if they keep Wenger (or not)?

Also, how would transfer competition between us be, if we finish 6th and install LVG and they finish 5th regardless of if they keep Wenger (or not)?

Interesting question, sadly we wont find out, Arsenal will still finish 4th, just cant see Everton carrying it on with the fixtures they have. Possibly West Ham could be our friends on Tuesday night, that extra-time today could be factor come Tuesday night. If Arsnal could drop 2 pts and Everton punish Palace on Weds then its up for grabs

Jammy cubts. Tho slightly ironic that the season they'll celebrate success is the one where they drop out of the champions league. Enjoy your cup boys.

I think they'd benefit from dropping out the champions league. What's the point of playing in it when they have no intention or ambition to win it.

Can't see it myself. Chelsea and City aren't going anywhere.

Man U will be back.

Liverplol are well placed to consolidate in the top 4.

It's harder to break in than out and your boys are out im afraid.

I think they'd benefit from dropping out the champions league. What's the point of playing in it when they have no intention or ambition to win it.

if that's the case, whats the point in most of the teams that enter the champions league, the europa league, the premier league, the fa cup, the world cup etc etc?

A single season out of the CL wouldn't influence them that much in isolation.

If it means losing out on transfer targets or losing key players then it might, but they don't have that many high profile key players left that would leave I think and they only rarely go for high profile transfer targets anyway.

I just think a season without champions league and a team with Ramsey and ozil settled will rack up enough points to finish top four. Unfortunately they have a lot of money now too

Back