• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

i've got to disagree, especially re Koscielny. Every time ive seen him, he seems incredible to tbf to him. He seems every part the modern defender. He is extremely quick and mobile, reads the game well and can play a bit too. The only negative on Koscielny is that he seems (to me anyway) a bit weak for a centre back. But the way that the modern game is refereed, combined with the style that Arsenal defend in (creating 1v1 scenarios and high line etc), makes this negative not so important. For me this guy seems absolutely world class and would fit straight in to a top modern team like Barcelona.

on the other hand, ive always thought Mertesacker was liability (especially with his lack of pace), but i genuinely cant seem to remember a mistake of his that has led to arsenal conceeding this season. so this leads me to think he either hides this weakness well with his reading of the game or koscielny covers him well. either way as one of the cb's in a partnership that has 16 clean sheets this season, he deserves some praise too.

I agree. Kocielny is badly under rates and the BFG has been excellent. They compliment each other really well and you don't keep the clean sheets they have without that

I agree. Kocielny is badly under rates and the BFG has been excellent. They compliment each other really well and you don't keep the clean sheets they have without that

They are good. You can't deny it but they are helped immensely by the guys in front of them and by that I mean the rest of the team. Wenger's 'kids' employ a full court press akin to Barca and the pressure they exert more often than not results in possession being surrendered. So the back four don't get tested a huge amount. And like Barca when you manage to get at the back four they are liable to cough up good chances. I've seen some relatively ordinary teams produce a number of good chances against Arsenal, but somehow the stupid ****ers kept missing them.

Lukas Podolski, 28, has delighted Arsenal fans on Twitter after saying he'd rather retire than join Spurs in a Q and A session.

I've got news for you Fritz. I'd rather you retire than join Spurs too.

I would have Vincent Kompany over him anyday

i would have agreed with you not so long ago, but when i thought about it, his form hasnt been that great over the past 2 years. and having seen quite a bit of kompany and koscielny, i suspect if they were to switch teams, koscielny's stock would be significantly higher. i would even go as far to suggest that he wouldve been a cert to have been in the pfa team of the year by now, and also had a good chance of being in one of the world teams of the year.

thinking back, i really did underrate the arsenal defense over the past 2 or so years. at times i thought the likes of kaboul and vertonghen were definitely better than the arsenal centre backs, but now i think wenger has probably pulled another gem out of the hat in koscielny.

Cringeworthy

BeRWWfBIcAAIDLM.jpg

this is evidence that Arsenal the club and management promotes the rivalry to create a siege mentality with the players and the fans.

this is evidence that Arsenal the club and management promotes the rivalry to create a siege mentality with the players and the fans.

Well, they don't challenge for trophies anymore so they need something to distract from that fact these days....remember when they didn't care much about our rivalry and saw the games vs Manure as the more important ones:-"

Well, they don't challenge for trophies anymore so they need something to distract from that fact these days....remember when they didn't care much about our rivalry and saw the games vs Manure as the more important ones:-"

Thats true... But it sure is a cheap shot. Imagine for a young footballer this would forever change the way he views his professional career with such distorted and primitive views

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Fapatalk

Well it seems to work as, despite their lack of silverware in recent years, ARSEne has still never seen his side finish below Spurs in the league and pipping us to that CL spot these past 2 seasons has meant an extra £60m+ in their club coffers.

That type of siege mentality certainly has proved very effective for Ferguson and Mourinho over the years too, perhaps we need our players to stop being so nice and Sherwood should get them into that "us against the world" frame of mind.

Back