• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

true

I suppose all in all it's good that we are worthy of that from them, we were an irrelevance for so long

I honestly believe that the last bastion of comfort for any Gooner is "well at least we finished above Spurs".
If we had pipped them in the last two years I honestly believe either a) Wenger would have been sacked b) many Gooners would have topped themselves.

The only positive about the current 11 point gap is that the mentality of "oh well, at least we're better than Spurs" might actually get them to be complacent and falter. If they don't win a trophy this season, after spending 45M on one player, they'll be no place to hide for them, and especially Wenger

Why does spending 42mill on one player mean they should win a trophy. We ****ed a 100 mill up the wall and city and Chelsea also spent bucket loads

Why does spending 42mill on one player mean they should win a trophy. We ****ed a 100 mill up the wall and city and Chelsea also spent bucket loads

The excuses of 'not being able to compete' are no longer there now. Ozil is the second most expensive individual player in the PL after Torres iirc, so there can e no excuses for them now imo.

We may have spent 100 million but the most expensive individual player cost is dwarfed by Ozil, plus our net spend wasn't much (if even positive).

Think about how all the excuses Arsenal fans (and especially Wenger fans) have been able to come up with in the last 8 years and see if they can still apply now

The excuses of 'not being able to compete' are no longer there now. Ozil is the second most expensive individual player in the PL after Torres iirc, so there can e no excuses for them now imo.

We may have spent 100 million but the most expensive individual player cost is dwarfed by Ozil, plus our net spend wasn't much (if even positive).

Think about how all the excuses Arsenal fans (and especially Wenger fans) have been able to come up with in the last 8 years and see if they can still apply now
Fair do, but looks like they are competing, and even if they finish third they'll run the others close. They look set to go from strength to strength unfortunately now they have boosted revenues, lower stadium debt and an improved rep following ozil's signing. Was without doubt a watershed moment for them

why are you still pretending that you're not an Arsenal fan?

I assume that this goes to Luda? If Luda really is an Arsenal fan, it's quite a sad thing to be maintaining an act for so longer with seemingly no pay off. So, I'm starting to believe that perhaps they are a Spurs fan. Either that or they don't understand the true essence of being a WUM.

I have slowly internalised some painful truths:

> Arsenal mightn't have a bad patch all season.

> Their squad, which many of us thought at the start of the season looked thin beyond the first 11 or 12, seems to be coping just fine. So unless they suddenly lose 4 or 5 of their first teamers, it looks like their squad will be sufficient to see out the season playing at their current high level.

> Wenger was asked about Draxler yesterday and started grinning that grin. On other transfers this January, they are now a plumb destination for talent.

> Only a couple of times this entire season have they looked uncomfortable/in trouble/in danger of losing/in danger of not winning. Even when they are playing less than 100% there is an inevitability to their finding a way to win the points.

It's pretty painful, but there it is.

Since AFC won a cup ‏@afc_trophy

#SinceArsenalLastWonATrophy, Chelsea and Manchester United have won 26 trophies between them.

Back