• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

But the point here is that Vermaelen is more valuable to the team, no? Gallas' value is diminshing, whereas Vermaelen's can only increase.

As for your reluctance to do hybrid line-ups, I completely understand. My only excuse is that having a brother who(despite my most vehement efforts to the contrary) supports Arsenal has left me a bit more able to stomach them than most Spurs supporters I know.

Vermaelen does have injury issues though, so like totman said, if it was only a matter of skill, I'd definitely put him in at least the same caliber as most of our CBs.

They still have quality and some very talented players. But this season they are being propelled by RVP who has been quite incredible. An injury to him and they would struggle badly imo.

They still have quality and some very talented players. But this season they are being propelled by RVP who has been quite incredible. An injury to him and they would struggle badly imo.

Looks like he'll go the distance this season, the real concern for them should be what happens in the summer.

Looks like he'll go the distance this season, the real concern for them should be what happens in the summer.

It's quite gratifying really seeing him finally go the entire season only for Wenger to have sold most of the reasonable talent that surrounded him....

some goon on my facebook "you might be ahead of us, but your still in our shadow"

Me "that old chestnut! As gooners have always told me, the table doesn't lie ;)"

some goon on my facebook "you might be ahead of us, but your still in our shadow"

Me "that old chestnut! As gooners have always told me, the table doesn't lie ;)"

Great Goon spelling, and they will whine on about this shadow gonad*s long after you have walked away. I just ask the Goons that I know how it feels to support a brick team.

Why? I don't think with such an historically injury prone player you can just assume he will last another 3 months of solid football, where he will be expected to play a part in nearly every game and start all the CL games (only going to be 2 I suppose ;) ).

They have proven they can still be brick with him and he has looked tired in some games since the New Year so hopefully even if he does somehow stay fit for the entire season hopefully we will still finish miles ahead of them!

I love this one too...

Weve finished one place below them 3 out of the last five seasons and this year on the way to end up ten points minimum above them...

You would think they have won 3 trophies a year and are 35 points ahead each season

Bless them haha

Why? I don't think with such an historically injury prone player you can just assume he will last another 3 months of solid football, where he will be expected to play a part in nearly every game and start all the CL games (only going to be 2 I suppose ;) ).

They have proven they can still be brick with him and he has looked tired in some games since the New Year so hopefully even if he does somehow stay fit for the entire season hopefully we will still finish miles ahead of them!

Everyone expecting him to get injured because he has been in the past is very similar to fans of other teams expecting us to start losing matches because we have done so in the past. Wanting it to happen doesn't mean it will happen and there's nothing about VanPervie this season that indicates an injury at any moment.

...ahem, does anyone reckon they're laughing at US at the moment... with the inevitable spontaneous combustion that will follow Harry's imminent, pre-arranged departure DEMANDED by the Nation (if you believe the Media this morning!!)

...ahem, does anyone reckon they're laughing at US at the moment... with the inevitable spontaneous combustion that will follow Harry's imminent, pre-arranged departure DEMANDED by the Nation (if you believe the Media this morning!!)

They were probably laughing when the Jury was out, at Harrys impending Death Sentence too....how did that pan out for them?

Sunderland (Away) EPL
AC MIlan (Away) CL
Sunderland (Away) FA Cup
Tottenham (Home) EPL
Liverpool (Away) EPL
AC Milan (Home) CL
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (Home) EPL
Everton (Away) EPL

Have fun Arsenal.

A nice throwaway piece from Martin Samuel earlier this week...............

Nice try, Ivan
It was a good weekend for Arsenal, but diversionary tactics remain.
'We do things based on a value system,' insisted chief executive Ivan Gazidis. 'We're about creating star players. Not about buying them.'
So, of the 18 Arsenal players on the team sheet for the thrashing of Blackburn Rovers on Saturday, how many were recruited? That would be 17.
Wojciech Szczesny was obtained from Legia Warsaw as a youth-team player at the age of 16, so counts as home-produced. The rest were raised elsewhere.
Nice try, Ivan, but you'll have to dig up some other achievement to parade, in lieu of trophies.

:oops:

[video=youtube;BBoheqHyY3c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BBoheqHyY3c[/video]

A nice throwaway piece from Martin Samuel earlier this week...............

Nice try, Ivan
It was a good weekend for Arsenal, but diversionary tactics remain.
'We do things based on a value system,' insisted chief executive Ivan Gazidis. 'We're about creating star players. Not about buying them.'
So, of the 18 Arsenal players on the team sheet for the thrashing of Blackburn Rovers on Saturday, how many were recruited? That would be 17.
Wojciech Szczesny was obtained from Legia Warsaw as a youth-team player at the age of 16, so counts as home-produced. The rest were raised elsewhere.
Nice try, Ivan, but you'll have to dig up some other achievement to parade, in lieu of trophies.

:oops:

Back