• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I wrote on my Facebook status the other day "Cant see St Totteringham day on the calendar this year any gooners help me out?". Now I've got about 6 goon mates on there and they're pretty vocal but not one reply! Then the following day after the 7-1 they all returned!!!

Well, given my geography these days, such trips are not nearly as frequent as they once were. I'm in SF, so only get back a few times a season, but make sure there are always matches and tend to average around 6 per season all-told (at one point I was getting 10-12 in a season but that's dropped off slightly due to schedule)...I'm lucky in that my career allows me to travel and gives me the flex of not being in an office...but yeah, I've been back for a few memorable ones since my Shelfside ST days, and that night at Eastlands was the best in two decades. Funnily, been there twice now and we've won each time (Infredible was the other) and did Maine Rd about 9 times and never saw us lose there either. Been to Old Trafford about 8 times and never seen us win! Funnily enough, when it comes to games I don't miss anything as our SF Spurs gets every match...I think the next time I'll be over now will be late April/early May...thought it might be a good laugh to try and organize a GG drink after a match sometime. I generally really enjoy the discussions, debate and exchanges here, be nice to meet some faces. Funny though, I don't miss much about home other than the countryside where my Mum is, the English pub-village and the Seven Sisters Rd-to-WHL walk...I know it's a brickhole, but it's my brickhole and I've been walking it regularly since the '70s...never said much during the Olympic Stadium stuff, but deep deep down inside, I'd have been pole-axed, so sad. the fact we will build virtually on the same site fills me with happiness.

At nearly 45 I've realized that life comes down to a few things. Family, the moment, a few good good friends, spending your time wisely, enjoying simple things such as pets, etc, and for me, Spurs. There hasn't been a day since I was a youngster first allowed to go to games on my own that I have not thought about Spurs. Not one. I have often thought of a tattoo, but I already have one inside and that grew from love...

It is why when the final whistle went @ eastlands that night I cried, and it's also why as I danced out of the effeminates after the 4-4 draw, with us still bottom of the league, I yelled back at a mouthy gooner that he wouldn't EVER understand what it felt like because he just didn't fudging have it in him. I remember the look on his face; he just stared. And I laughed loudly and told him to jog on...

I will die with this club tattooed inside me. I suspect many of us will. Christ, where did all that come from? Next I'll start posting pictures of The Shelf back in the days when I had my ST and broke my glasses watching Robbo equalize in the UEFA...

Good post Steff. How do you find living abroad and catching games? I'm working out of Perth for 6 weeks (having done 5 weeks here before Xmas) and I'm finding it difficult with kick-off times. I love being on UK time as you get proper daytime and evening kick-offs! Today I was up at 0330 for the game at Anfield before heading into work which is tough. Fans of other clubs think I'm mad - including one scouser who didn't bother getting up early to watch it. There is no way I would miss a Spurs match - in fact I made sure I had either access to cable TV or a decent internet connection before agreeing to come back out here.

Some gooner rang up talksport. He said our main aim is to finish above Arsenal so were just happy to achieve that and don't quite go for it as much as they should with regards to winning the league. That's hilarious! Wasn't it ARSENAL'S keeper who said "our goal is to finish above Spurs?". And wasn't it Arsenal's very own Jack Wheelchair who made a bet that Arsenal would finish higher in the table than Spurs? He didn't say where they would finish or that they would win anything.

Some gooner rang up talksport. He said our main aim is to finish above Arsenal so were just happy to achieve that and don't quite go for it as much as they should with regards to winning the league. That's hilarious! Wasn't it ARSENAL'S keeper who said "our goal is to finish above Spurs?". And wasn't it Arsenal's very own Jack Wheelchair who made a bet that Arsenal would finish higher in the table than Spurs? He didn't say where they would finish or that they would win anything.

against my better judgement, i caught some that show. Durham was outdoing himself, must be on a bonus for the number of callers.

reckoned we only had 2 players out last night, said it was 2 points dropped, reckoned we've blown the league - as if that was ever a target.

Arsenal need to worry about finishing above Chelsea first, then they can start talking about finishing above Tottenham Hotspur. Third best team in London right now.

Can't believe some of the idiots are going on about how we blew the league last night. We got a point at a stadium that no-one (and that includes the two teams above us) got 3 from.

And I bet almost all of them were predicting we wouldn't even finish in the top 5 at the beginning of the season! Now we're 'blowing the league'. Yeah, nice one.

You've heard Arsenal fans sing?

In relation to what Markysimmo said.......it has been ridiculous. you never normally hear them at the best of times but watching some of their games when they are away from home.......all you hear is anti-Tottenham songs. When they got beat at Fulham just after new year it was laughable - I think literally that is the only thing they sung about the whole game through when they were to be heard.

Good post Steff. How do you find living abroad and catching games? I'm working out of Perth for 6 weeks (having done 5 weeks here before Xmas) and I'm finding it difficult with kick-off times. I love being on UK time as you get proper daytime and evening kick-offs! Today I was up at 0330 for the game at Anfield before heading into work which is tough. Fans of other clubs think I'm mad - including one scouser who didn't bother getting up early to watch it. There is no way I would miss a Spurs match - in fact I made sure I had either access to cable TV or a decent internet connection before agreeing to come back out here.

We're good mate, we have an official supporters club and we see virtually every game. Yes, morning kick-offs usually, mid-week games are lunchtime for us, but it all works out. The club have been excellent with us, really great, very good relations with them and they're very supportive when necessary (probably the same with other official supporters clubs too)...I miss the away days and banter, so look forward to my half dozen (give or take) or so games a year so very much. But we have a GREAT crew here, really fine bunch of supporters...

"Basically spurs are above us purely cause we've had more injuries to key players this season"

:lol:

Oh dear. These people just get better.

When Spurs have 5 senior players out, PLUS the long term injuries (Defoe, Lennon, VDV, Kaboul, Sandro, Huddlestone and Gallas) for the trip to Anfield, its "proof" that we dont have depth of squad....because of the weak bench.

Who have arsenal had injured, that actually makes a difference? Wheelchair?

So, they are sh#t, because one 19yr old is out? Hows that for depth.

Oh dear. These people just get better.

When Spurs have 5 senior players out, PLUS the long term injuries (Defoe, Lennon, VDV, Kaboul, Sandro, Huddlestone and Gallas) for the trip to Anfield, its "proof" that we dont have depth of squad....because of the weak bench.

Who have arsenal had injured, that actually makes a difference? Wheelchair?

So, they are sh#t, because one 19yr old is out? Hows that for depth.

They'd be on course for the quadruple if Wheelchair had been fit all season. No doubt.

In Arsenals defence, they have had some pretty bad injuries this season. Wheelchair, Sagna, Gibbs, Vermaelen, Song, all of whom are genuine first XI players for them, have missed a lot of games. Sure we've had injuries like Sandro, Gallas, Huddlestone, Defoe but they aren't part of our first XI

Back