• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Where do we stand right now compared to Arsenal?

I have my reservations about Harry long-term, but I cannot deny that he has played a big part in us closing the gap on the filth.

We won our first league game against them in 10 and a half years under Harry and also won at their place for the first time in 17 years.

On top of that he has more league wins against Wenger as it stands now - was Gerry Francis the last manager who could boast such a record??

Also, in terms of the league table we have slowly closed the gap (though we really should have OVERTAKEN them this season; but that's for another thread...) so now they are only one point ahead at the end this season.

Where do people think we are now in relation to Arsenal?

I personally believe that their lack of ability/willingness to replace quality players with equal quality had caught up with them last year and I honestly thought we and Chelsea would punish them.

I think, despite their revenues, we would have stolen a march on them if we'd got 3rd for several reasons:

- transfer targets would have been more attracted by our guarenteed CL spot; perhaps even thinking they would have a better chance of progressing in the CL with us!
- they know they need to spend relatively big to keep up now as their is solid competition for the next 6 places after 2nd; their spendthrith ways are assest-stripping themselves to oblivion imo (i.e. the less they spend now, the more they will get desperate later and the higher the fees demanded will become)
- I honestly wonder if their mentality would have been able to take finishing behind us AND not being guarenteed a CL; they might have impoded and Wnger resigned.
- I TRULY believe that we have a much better SQUAD (though yhey have better ingrained playing styles/systems) and I think the gap in squads wuld have grown (unless they threw about A LOT of cash to convince suitors otherwise)

If we make statement signings despite no CL (i.e. Vertonghen, Remy, Leandro etc) AND have a good start next season you can imagine that if they have lost RVP they will be looking at us and still feeling nervous about us and that might put pressure on Wenger, who I believe is losing it a bit: that 3rd place has REALLY papered over some big cracks.

Thoughts?

Why do Spurs fans have an obsession with Arsenal and Arsenal fans have an obsession about Spurs.

Let's do our best and see where we get; If they lose RVP it will be a major blow for them.

Why do Spurs fans have an obsession with Arsenal and Arsenal fans have an obsession about Spurs.

Let's do our best and see where we get; If they lose RVP it will be a major blow for them.

I'm not even sure he's kidding...

Danny Rose and Martin Fulop were the difference between us and third this season. We got ourselves into the awesome position of only needing to keep 11 men on the pitch against Villa or hoping that the worst goalkeeping display in 10 years didn't happen. Well, by some miracle of statistical improbability, we came out the wrong side of both of those. Not in a million years should both of those things happen. We were better than those qunts last year.

The Scum like Manure delivered far better results than their squads suggested.

Good managers, experienced at being at the races, bit of luck and two strikers who had the best season of their career.

From an outside point of view, I actually think both of them will struggle next year, but people seem to say that every year.

The gap is a lot smaller however ...

On paper our team/squad is one 10 points better than them. I don't expect that to change over the summer - they rely on CL money tot stay still whereas we don't.

Off pitch our positions are similarly healthy. We are probably slightly better off, but they have built their ground already so are more sustainable.

Culturally they are much stronger than us (i.e. winning mentality embedded throughout the club).

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.....

we say we are better every year but every year its a load of cack. they are better than us and thats the sad truth. at the same time, theres no shame in that because they have a manager who can deliver top 4 every season which is a major achievement (whether you like it or not).

buying players like vertonghen will close the gap but our players lack the mentality and bottle to actually overtake the scum. credit must be given to them for recovering even after everyone wrote them off this season, whereas we bottled it at the end and got pretty lucky to finish 4th.

I have one target at the beginning of each season, to finish above Arsenal. End off. They are where we want to be.

Not least because I think Arsene Wenger will spontaneously combust and I'd pay good money to watch that...

Danny Rose and Martin Fulop were the difference between us and third this season. We got ourselves into the awesome position of only needing to keep 11 men on the pitch against Villa or hoping that the worst goalkeeping display in 10 years didn't happen. Well, by some miracle of statistical improbability, we came out the wrong side of both of those. Not in a million years should both of those things happen. We were better than those qunts last year.

gonad*s.

Last edited:
we say we are better every year but every year its a load of cack. they are better than us and thats the sad truth. at the same time, theres no shame in that because they have a manager who can deliver top 4 every season which is a major achievement (whether you like it or not).

buying players like vertonghen will close the gap but our players lack the mentality and bottle to actually overtake the scum. credit must be given to them for recovering even after everyone wrote them off this season, whereas we bottled it at the end and got pretty lucky to finish 4th.

spot on.

If they lose RVP they are mega-fooked...

Podolski, Gervinho, Chamakh, Walcott hmmmm ok

No superman to win them 40 points like this season

The Scum like Manure delivered far better results than their squads suggested.

Good managers, experienced at being at the races, bit of luck and two strikers who had the best season of their career.

From an outside point of view, I actually think both of them will struggle next year, but people seem to say that every year.

The gap is a lot smaller however ...

Great post

Are you honestly for real or a total WUM or a complete village idiot ??

A season is 38 games, pal, with mistakes from players throughout the season. You can't blame it on two people. What about inept refereeing performances in the Stoke, Wolves, Chelsea game? Bale going missing for about 10 games? Ade's dry spells? The team's overall bad performances for 2 months? Harry's head scratching tactics? Defoe's miss at City? To blame one or two players is insanity.

The league table doesn't lie and if we were better than them we would have finished ahead of them. We didn't.

If they lose RVP they are mega-fooked...

Podolski, Gervinho, Chamakh, Walcott hmmmm ok

No superman to win them 40 points like this season

Like last season when we all said without nasri and fabregas they are fudged? Or when Henry left? Or viera? You watch next season rvp goes and that dong wo chi or whatever his name is will step up and score 15-20

Back