• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I'm beginning to think the impartial commentary team is not that impartial. I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!!

Maybe in real-time the officials could be excused for missing it, but it is a pretty blatant dive seeing it in slow-mo.

Exactly. In real time, I sort of looked at it and thought "brick, maybe that's a pen" although the linesman kept his flag down.

When you say the replay, it's incredible they gave it. The Villareal player never touched him, Saka initiated the contact. The co-commentator last night then said it should have been a pen. I was stunned.

Exactly. In real time, I sort of looked at it and thought "brick, maybe that's a pen" although the linesman kept his flag down.

When you say the replay, it's incredible they gave it. The Villareal player never touched him, Saka initiated the contact. The co-commentator last night then said it should have been a pen. I was stunned.
The “co-commentator” was an absolute embarrassment to football broadcasting. She was a disgrace!

Don't see any media outrage about Saka who is turning into a proper diver

First time I've seen that. So that was the pen that they scored? I really don't know what's going on with modern football and pundits, their opinions seem totally at odds with the average fan. Refs/assistants tend to get 99% of decisions right yet when it goes to VAR it really is 50/50 what the outcome will be. Me not likee.

The problem to me seems to be that the rule is "if there's contact in the box it's a penalty". That's a load of bollox if the player initiating the contact is the attacker. I'm amazed some refs and some former pros don't get that. Personally I'd go further and say the contact should reach a certain level that impeded the attacker before a pen should be given but that then leaves things open for interpretation and inconsistent decisions.

However, looking at last weeks Dipper v Saudi Sportswashing Machine game, Callum Wilson had a goal harshly disallowed for handball. A load of brick but, as much as I don't like it, that's the rule. However TAA clearly pushed him as he was about to shoot originally. That was far far more a penalty than the one the Goons got.

THey'd still need to beat Man U in the final to get CL football though
A lot of pundits seem to be glossing over this
United are by far a better side than Arsenal
Quite like watching the Spaniards knocking it around, such a better team than Arsenal

I know but if those cnuts got to a final they would win it just to tinkle me off.

They've turned to brick over the last few years and still have 4 FA Cups and this would be two European finals if they get there. clams would win it to.

How the fudge does it happen that that shower of brick gets a bunch of FA Cups at their lowest ebb. That used to be our trophy. What do we have? The fudging Audi Cup.

Back