• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

What I'm loving about all this is that walnut (well they don't seem to gets our name right - Spuds etc) had, moments before getting himself injured, tried to get the game stopped by feigning injury. As soon as arseanal got the ball he running around with no problem and tracked back with Rose who is no great slouch! How apt? How ironic? What a ****!

Personally I have no problem with what walnut and the turk did (come on I'm greek cypriot!) this is what I have come to expect from such a classless bunch of ****s. That their manager doesn't have the balls to condemn this shows how little respect he has for us fans who attended the match. i saw ****'em! **** walnut I have no sympathy!

Personally didnt have a problem with his 2-0 gesture whatsoever. The throwing of coins I did have, just not on. And to boot we have given Arsenal the perfect excuse to never give us our full allocation for future visits (and rightly so)

This.

I actually chuckled when I saw the gesture and thought to myself 'fair play, the boy's been getting it forever and he's politely giving it back'…Wrighty used to as well and that was part of the deal! If that sort of banter-exchange gets killed off then football has shifted to something I don't understand. Again, if you give a bit, take a bit…

The Arsenal fans would have reacted in exactly the same way. Exhibit A:

[video=youtube;VQvguzCi01U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQvguzCi01U[/video]

Sorry about the quality. Granted Adebayor did it with more venom.

Got to say, if people called my mum a *****, said my Dad was an elephant washer and sang about wishing I was dead, I'd have done EXACTLY what he did and HAPPILY taken the fine! I thought it was superb. Smart? No. Human? Yes. Good for him!

Can I also say that when you attend this fixture, you are no longer attending a football match. You are at war with every single **** you see with a red shirt (they all literally decorate themselves). You could be the most mild mannered sole on earth but for that 90 minutes and beyond you just want to stuff their smarmy ****ing abuse down their mouths! Throwing coins is not the answer but when the spurs are as limp as they were on saturday you feel compelled to act. This is what happened, frustration boiled over and to have to put up with that from one of their players is unacceptable. I have never seen any other club's players do this - chelsea and west ham both hate us but their players act accordingly.

Eh? I'm finding it extremely difficult. Can you or anyone else help please?
Happy to wear a dunce-hat on my avatar after that...

Also PMs welcome if you'd prefer...

David Dein had massive influence at the FA.

At that World Cup, Theo was picked ahead of Bent, Defoe, Beattie - all players who had good years, and the 2 key forwards Owen and Rooney, had injury clouds.

Theo had yet to play a Premier League game and didn't play any in the World Cup. The reasoning went that he was selected for experience which is nonsense. Teams often take over development players to World Cups to be involved in training without being in the squad.

Theres a suggestion that Dein may have used World Cup selection as a carrot to get Theo to sign for the Goons. He had no rush to leave SCBC who as we've seen have a brilliant development program. All the other big clubs were in for him too.

And though not part of any official selection committee, Dein had the influence and the boss (Sven) was as crooked as they come.

So the fact he's missed the next 2 World Cups after fraudulently being in the 2006 squad ahead of guys like Bent and Defoe? Diddums.

David Dein had massive influence at the FA.

At that World Cup, Theo was picked ahead of Bent, Defoe, Beattie - all players who had good years, and the 2 key forwards Owen and Rooney, had injury clouds.

Theo had yet to play a Premier League game and didn't play any in the World Cup. The reasoning went that he was selected for experience which is nonsense. Teams often take over development players to World Cups to be involved in training without being in the squad.

Theres a suggestion that Dein may have used World Cup selection as a carrot to get Theo to sign for the Goons. He had no rush to leave SCBC who as we've seen have a brilliant development program. All the other big clubs were in for him too.

And though not part of any official selection committee, Dein had the influence and the boss (Sven) was as crooked as they come.

So the fact he's missed the next 2 World Cups after fraudulently being in the 2006 squad ahead of guys like Bent and Defoe? Diddums.

Wow; thanks! Makes you wonder about many other transfers Arsenal completed prior to Dein leaving....why were they so keen to use such influence to capture him? Wouldn't such dodgy dealing have been more beneficial to get, say, Bale? Although perhaps Bale playing for Wales couldn't be manipulated via England squad appearances etc.

Fascinating! Would be interesting to hear other's take on this. Imagine if Dein was still there?!?

Fair play to Walcott over the gesture - NLD at the end of the day - good to see some players understand the rivalry, but at the same time you'd have to be simple to not expect a reaction from the away fans. What would you expect to happen if you was walking around the ground after the game doing something similar? A swift right hook to the face and you'd be lucky if that's all that happened. So no sumpathy for the coins thrown at him either - you can't antagonize people and cry when it comes back to bite you, your own stupid fault.

Can I also say that when you attend this fixture, you are no longer attending a football match. You are at war with every single **** you see with a red shirt (they all literally decorate themselves). You could be the most mild mannered sole on earth but for that 90 minutes and beyond you just want to stuff their smarmy ****ing abuse down their mouths! Throwing coins is not the answer but when the spurs are as limp as they were on saturday you feel compelled to act. This is what happened, frustration boiled over and to have to put up with that from one of their players is unacceptable. I have never seen any other club's players do this - chelsea and west ham both hate us but their players act accordingly.

Hmm, remember when John Terry did the lifting trophies salute to our fans after a 1-1 draw a couple of seasons ago? Again, JT is a **** but he gets absolutely coated for 90 minutes whenever he comes to WHL so in all honesty, even he should be allowed to respond. I think as long as the players don't show any physical aggression towards the crowd i.e. hitting anybody then as Steff says, it should be fair game. The problem is we rarely ****ing beat them so we don't have the chance to rub it in their faces as often as we would like :lol:

Wow; thanks! Makes you wonder about many other transfers Arsenal completed prior to Dein leaving....why were they so keen to use such influence to capture him? Wouldn't such dodgy dealing have been more beneficial to get, say, Bale? Although perhaps Bale playing for Wales couldn't be manipulated via England squad appearances etc.

Fascinating! Would be interesting to hear other's take on this. Imagine if Dein was still there?!?

Don't forget him standing with his hand on Scudamore's c0ck whilst Scudamore decided not to delay the 'Lasagne match' long enough for our players to take on the fluid they'd lost.

Mate…

I've been to roughly two dozen NLDs in my life home, away, semi-finals…I've been in the North Bank, the Clock End…I have thrown out language I didn't know I knew and I have lost my voice several times. I have never EVER felt compelled to throw coins! IF you want to 'react', find like-minded folks who wish to 'react' and 'react' together!!!!! And if you scream abuse for 90 mins and then get a bit back and cannot take it, don't go to football matches IMO. With regards to West Hame and Chelski, mate, trust me, they've had their moments too.

As for the bolded bit above, sorry matey, IMO it absolutely IS acceptable to have to put up with that, especially if it's been doled out mercilessly.

Don't forget him standing with his hand on Scudamore's c0ck whilst Scudamore decided not to delay the 'Lasagne match' long enough for our players to take on the fluid they'd lost.

THAT was one of the DARKEST MOMENTS IN PREMIERSHIP HISTORY! I'm surprised they didn't toast each other pitchside with champagne! It remains one of the most unbelievable moments in modern football for me. It was the equivalent of watching the crown jewels get stolen on telly and no-one giving a ****.

According to goal.com, Abou Diaby, who tore his cruciate ligament in his left knee in March 2013, is not expected to return this season.

What with all the injury problems we've had in recent seasons I wonder who our most effective CB pairing is nowadays...

Twitter / 101greatgoals: Incredible! Arsenal’s Laurent Koscielny & Per Mertesacker are an unbeaten League centre back pairing [Stats] http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/i...an-unbeaten-league-centre-back-pairing-stats/
Arsenal went back to top of the Premier League after a nervy 2-1 win over Aston Villa.

Manager Arsene Wenger is no doubt aware that the centre back pairing of Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker are a key reason his side’s current success.

Before the match it was pointed out that when the Arsenal pair played 90 minutes together, the Gunners have never lost a match, now stretching 28 games.

Incredibly, they’ve managed 16 clean sheets out of 28, averaging 0.5 goals conceded a game.
Bd5E7tMIYAAyw9i.jpg

that's incredible, because they are both ****

i've got to disagree, especially re Koscielny. Every time ive seen him, he seems incredible to tbf to him. He seems every part the modern defender. He is extremely quick and mobile, reads the game well and can play a bit too. The only negative on Koscielny is that he seems (to me anyway) a bit weak for a centre back. But the way that the modern game is refereed, combined with the style that Arsenal defend in (creating 1v1 scenarios and high line etc), makes this negative not so important. For me this guy seems absolutely world class and would fit straight in to a top modern team like Barcelona.

on the other hand, ive always thought Mertesacker was liability (especially with his lack of pace), but i genuinely cant seem to remember a mistake of his that has led to arsenal conceeding this season. so this leads me to think he either hides this weakness well with his reading of the game or koscielny covers him well. either way as one of the cb's in a partnership that has 16 clean sheets this season, he deserves some praise too.

but thats the thing about CB pairings - often the sum of the parts is greater than the whole i.e. teamwork reaps synergies.

and the longer the CBs and keeper stay together the better the understanding.

i've not seen any evidence to support rotating any of the three reaps any benefits.

Back