• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

THIS

most of you are pathetic to celebrate over his injury...

Take our wholier than thou arguement over the term Yid, or how we hate on Charlie Adams....

the attitudes shown in this thread are pathetic and embarasing.

I thought our great club and its "fans" were better than this...

Anyone reading this can call us as bad as West Ham and Chelsea fans while showing how small time we look

I think that dreaded word 'context' comes into play here. I agree with your post but as I stated in my previous post, it is annoying when fans employ a holier than thou attitude about fans of other clubs and yet don't take into account the minority within their own contingent that can be just as classless. Also, where does the line cross between what is perceived as banter and pure idiocy? I had Gooner mates bantering with me on Facebook with images of Theo's gesture, and I replied in kind asking if they could show me with their fingers how many months he's out for? Of course, I wouldn't wish his injury on any player and I even had to write a disclaimer afterwards specifying that it was purely banter!

Sadly, I don't think this is something that will ever be eradicated in football. We all have a selection of life's muppets within our support of clubs. I've often been happy when an important player for the opposition is injured for a game against us, but I would not wish a serious, long-term injury on any sport person. Their financial rewards may be great, but at the end of the day it is still their livelihood and a job they are extremely committed to and passionate about for the most part.

Edit - perhaps 'happy' is the wrong word. Relieved.

I think that dreaded word 'context' comes into play here. I agree with your post but as I stated in my previous post, it is annoying when fans employ a holier than thou attitude about fans of other clubs and yet don't take into account the minority within their own contingent that can be just as classless. Also, where does the line cross between what is perceived as banter and pure idiocy? I had Gooner mates bantering with me on Facebook with images of Theo's gesture, and I replied in kind asking if they could show me with their fingers how many months he's out for? Of course, I wouldn't wish his injury on any player and I even had to write a disclaimer afterwards specifying that it was purely banter!

Sadly, I don't think this is something that will ever be eradicated in football. We all have a selection of life's muppets within our support of clubs. I've often been happy when an important player for the opposition is injured for a game against us, but I would not wish a serious, long-term injury on any sport person. Their financial rewards may be great, but at the end of the day it is still their livelihood and a job they are extremely committed to and passionate about for the most part.

Edit - perhaps 'happy' is the wrong word. Relieved.

I agree totally with the point you make.

We have a collection of "fans" who let us done ono a regular basis... but If we as Tottenham fans do not speak out against our own fans who tarnish this great club in any way then it will just become accepted and spread.

What Walcott did was just banter in reaction to some "let him die" chants and I am sure a lot worse than what was heard on TV... I have no problem with that... I hated seeing him do that and it wound me up, but I didnt feel the need to resort to violence, football should never make you feel the need to be violent! We know what its like to be a spurs fan and have suffered some seriously sickening days watching us lose or things go against us... We should be more graceful losers regardless of opposition, this showed we clearly are not.

I bet a lot of people celebrating this will be frustrated when we need a player like him at the world cup, faults in his game and all he was the best winger we had!
If we can't have things like this in football then another part of the game dies with it....

We all complain that footballers are far to distant from the avereage fan... these things show a more human side of them and thats a good think.

I agree totally with the point you make.

We have a collection of "fans" who let us done ono a regular basis... but If we as Tottenham fans do not speak out against our own fans who tarnish this great club in any way then it will just become accepted and spread.

What Walcott did was just banter in reaction to some "let him die" chants and I am sure a lot worse than what was heard on TV... I have no problem with that... I hated seeing him do that and it wound me up, but I didnt feel the need to resort to violence, football should never make you feel the need to be violent! We know what its like to be a spurs fan and have suffered some seriously sickening days watching us lose or things go against us... We should be more graceful losers regardless of opposition, this showed we clearly are not.

I bet a lot of people celebrating this will be frustrated when we need a player like him at the world cup, faults in his game and all he was the best winger we had!
If we can't have things like this in football then another part of the game dies with it....

We all complain that footballers are far to distant from the avereage fan... these things show a more human side of them and thats a good think.

Great post, especially the bolded bit. That's the sort of actions that can set apart a clubs fans from others. Football fans are a strange breed, I wonder how many people here chanted both versions of the Adebayor song between him playing for ****/Emirates Marketing Project and turning out for us!

If there i anything that really dampens my love for football then it is the tasteless and classless abuse so called fans dish out, acting like an angry troop of monkeys throwing objects when an opposition player dares to have a bit of banter and the unbridled joy seeing another team's player injured.

Laughing at young children of rival teams crying is up there too.

I couldn't help but think karma is a bitch as soon as I found out. But to be honest, I do feel bad for the lad. He's a footballer and other than play for the opposition team and gloat a little what's he really done wrong to me?

Hope he recovers quickly, would much rather he have been in the team should we beat them at the Lane. Would have given a fair amount of banter back.

Those saying title over etc, you really should know better when you wind up arsenal. Just concentrate on us, we''ve got more than enough issues to deal with

As soon as the injury was announced yesterday Charlie Nichols was on SSN saying he felt with Walcott in the team, the league would have been Arsenal's. Got his excuses out before the 2nd week of January, the tosser. Think I'll leave watching Soccer Saturday this weekend, hear everybody fawning over a player with limited, yet exaggerated ability.

I don't rate him particularly highly myself, but I do feel sorry for him. I wonder if he ever gets the feeling that him and World Cups are cursed?

When he did the gesture I was absolutely livid and wished him a season ending injury. When I calmed down I didn't mind his actions, it's all part of the great rivalry between the clubs and to be honest I would have done the same if I was him. Unless it's Jack Wheelchair, I wouldn't wish that injury upon any player and I hope he recovers.

Also, I've been listening to Talksport's view on this incident and most people are slating our fans for their behaviour, something that I find strange. If I'm not mistaken, our away fans are the most loyal ones and truly understand the rivalry, hating ****^$£ with passion. At any NLD you can cut the tension with a knife and you can feel the hate in the air. What else were they supposed to do, stand their quietly while being taunted? Walcott should be happy that no one got past the security and ripped his head off.

It was obvious that Theo's gesture was friendly banter in response to abuse he received from macarons

Walcott was being provocative, which isn't clever in front of the away fans. I wasn't at the Emirates but I can understand how passion easily takes over reason at a NLD. We do have some knuckle-dragging fans- on my one visit to the Emirates I remember how some fans preferred to sing "That song" about Sol, inside at the bar, rather than sing for the team out in the arena. But if an **** player deliberately winds up the opposing fans, right in front of them, he should expect them to react. And if Walcott's injury prevents **** from winning the title - hoo bloody ray, I feel less than no sympathy for him.

At any NLD you can cut the tension with a knife and you can feel the hate in the air. What else were they supposed to do, stand their quietly while being taunted? Walcott should be happy that no one got past the security and ripped his head off.

This!

As soon as the injury was announced yesterday Charlie Nichols was on SSN saying he felt with Walcott in the team, the league would have been Arsenal's. Got his excuses out before the 2nd week of January, the tosser. Think I'll leave watching Soccer Saturday this weekend, hear everybody fawning over a player with limited, yet exaggerated ability.

I don't rate him particularly highly myself, but I do feel sorry for him. I wonder if he ever gets the feeling that him and World Cups are cursed?

I agree with the first part of this text. Walcott is a good player, but he is not a GREAT player... it is not the real disaster for England that some in the media are portraying. I do not think he was a guaranteed starter for England, in the squad yes, but guaranteed starter? Not so sure. Hopefully it will hurt the goons though, although I fear they will just use this as an excuse to go and buy another striker.

When he did the gesture I was absolutely livid and wished him a season ending injury. When I calmed down I didn't mind his actions, it's all part of the great rivalry between the clubs and to be honest I would have done the same if I was him. Unless it's Jack Wheelchair, I wouldn't wish that injury upon any player and I hope he recovers.

Also, I've been listening to Talksport's view on this incident and most people are slating our fans for their behaviour, something that I find strange. If I'm not mistaken, our away fans are the most loyal ones and truly understand the rivalry, hating ****^$£ with passion. At any NLD you can cut the tension with a knife and you can feel the hate in the air. What else were they supposed to do, stand their quietly while being taunted? Walcott should be happy that no one got past the security and ripped his head off.

The Arsenal fans would have reacted in exactly the same way. Exhibit A:

[video=youtube;VQvguzCi01U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQvguzCi01U[/video]

Sorry about the quality. Granted Adebayor did it with more venom.

It was obvious that Theo's gesture was macaronic in response to friendly banter ;)

It is mostly ex-professionals who are saying Walcott was not wrong to make that gesture. They prattle on about players taking stick from the fans and having a right to dish some back, but it can lead to trouble as many fans are drunk idiots looking for an excuse for trouble. From the perspective of a supporter I think players should be held to a higher standard. Clubs should educate them about how to behave, not only with the press but in public (they do this with rookies in the major pro sports in the US).

It was obvious that Theo's gesture was friendly banter in response to abuse he received from macarons

Personally didnt have a problem with his 2-0 gesture whatsoever. The throwing of coins I did have, just not on. And to boot we have given Arsenal the perfect excuse to never give us our full allocation for future visits (and rightly so)

It is mostly ex-professionals who are saying Walcott was not wrong to make that gesture. They prattle on about players taking stick from the fans and having a right to dish some back, but it can lead to trouble as many fans are drunk idiots looking for an excuse for trouble. From the perspective of a supporter I think players should be held to a higher standard. Clubs should educate them about how to behave, not only with the press but in public (they do this with rookies in the major pro sports in the US).

I really wish we'd hold our own supporters to a higher standard. I'll say it again, if the 'nawties' wanted to throw things at people and fight, there was an entire upper deck with some c unts screaming anti-semetic abuse and singing the Hitler gas song. Now, if people want to batter those ****ers, wonderful IMV, as they have NO BUSINESS AT A STADIUM and deserve ANYTHING they get.

But to think that you can stand and abuse a player for season upon season and then feel this indemnified, incredulous rage because said-player's guard dropped and he displayed a human reaction, well sorry, that's just cowardly and pathetic. I'm willing to bet that not ONE person who bravely threw an enraged coin at Walcott later found any of the goons who were screaming that 'Hitler should gas them again' and offered their 'heartfelt opinion'…nah, sorry, it's ********. Maybe I'm too old school?

Back