• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

For me it will come down to the January transfer window. If we strengthen wisely then that coupled with our players returning from injury should set us up nicely for the run in. If Levy goes a bit crazy and shoots his full load all over the window (he he) then maybe 2nd isn't so far fetched.

This

Piers Morgan saying that he fears Cazorla and Wheelchair will be sold to Manchester United during the January transfer window, mostly in jest but we can only hope!

Yep, they're bang on it again. Worrying to say the least.

Mind you when I saw Federici was in goal for them I feared the worst. He was terrible when Reading conceded 7, don't know how he's playing tonight, can't bear to watch the game, but surely they have someone better than him. Maybe they have an injured keeper ATM?

I suppose having vertonghen as captain this week did me well. Over the past few months I have gone from about 80th to the top 25. Bring on next week,

Would anyone take Arsenal's squad over ours this year? I really think we should be finishing above them. I thought it last year too and we should have done if it wasn't for extreme circumstances.

Yeah they are 2 points behind us, but they have been mostly terrible this year and I'm really not overly worried. With no RVP they are more toothless, have less leadership, less winning mentality and a win over Reading doesn't change that.

Meanwhile we have been showing signs of gradual improvement as the season progresses and have key players to return from injury. It's like we are working towards something, where as Arsenal are just hoping to get by.

Even if they strengthen in January, so can we. And I don't exactly know which positions they are going to improve on that will take them up a level. Which players are dying to come to them...I just don't see it. We should finish above them this year and claim 4th. 3rd if we can push Chelsea because I don't think we are too far behind them in terms of quality either.

They just scored 5 away from home and are 2 points behind us. They are the 5th best team in the EPL.
But, their defence is shockingly bad and there are other teams with worse players but who are better organised, one of which at least will finish above them.
So my confident prediction is Arsenal 6th this season.
But..they have got loadsamoney and they are only 2 points behind us.....

Arsenal will finish 4th at worst

something weird happening tonight as it is the second time i have agreed with you in one night(jack reacher the other) the is no way arsenal are ever going to finish below 4th. As a club they know how to do what they need to do and that is something that takes years to learn and years to unlearn. Liverpool were crap for seasons before they dropped out of the top 4.

Teams like arsenal will find a way to keep getting the result they need.

Would anyone take Arsenal's squad over ours this year? .

There are 5 or 6 players who I would love at Spurs . I don't really know that much about their squad but they have got money to improve it. The only question is ..has Wenger lost it?

I am teetering towards answering yes. But..they are only 2 points behind us.

There are 5 or 6 players who I would love at Spurs . I don't really know that much about their squad but they have got money to improve it. The only question is ..has Wenger lost it?

I am teetering towards answering yes. But..they are only 2 points behind us.

they were miles behind us last year but then we are missing a few players this season i still feel they will finish above us

Would anyone take Arsenal's squad over ours this year? I really think we should be finishing above them. I thought it last year too and we should have done if it wasn't for extreme circumstances.

Yeah they are 2 points behind us, but they have been mostly terrible this year and I'm really not overly worried. With no RVP they are more toothless, have less leadership, less winning mentality and a win over Reading doesn't change that.

Meanwhile we have been showing signs of gradual improvement as the season progresses and have key players to return from injury. It's like we are working towards something, where as Arsenal are just hoping to get by.

Even if they strengthen in January, so can we. And I don't exactly know which positions they are going to improve on that will take them up a level. Which players are dying to come to them...I just don't see it. We should finish above them this year and claim 4th. 3rd if we can push Chelsea because I don't think we are too far behind them in terms of quality either.

No but I would take their winning mentality.

You guys flip flop so much. If we dont finish fourth it will be our own fault again. I feel they are at a similar level to us, both sides lost key players this season but anything can happen. Reading was a throw away game.
They are not as bad as everyone was making out and they certainly are not as good as people are making out now. They do have a little run which looks winnable. Even if they do leapfrog us for a bit expect them to lose other game when we win. I sense it will be fairly close towards the end of the season.

This has been a monster week for L'Arse hasn't it? I can't remember the last time such media spotlight was on Arsenal, Arsene and their failures. Even lots from the traditionally pro-Gooner press like the Guardian.

I've banked my fantasy league week on them giving Reading a hiding and Cazorla having rhe game of his life, to such the critics of his diving up.

It's why we really have to beat Swansea to keep a step ahead and make them feel they are still playing chase.

borat-dance.gif

:lol:

There's already a piece in the Guardian on how Walcott is the solution to Arsenal's striker problem. The band wagon journos never disappoint. :lol:

I think us and Arsenal have similar level squads and best XIs.

I think in a joint first XI we'd both provide 5 players. Who'd produce the 6th would mainly depend on formation, philosophy, etc.

For me, Lloris Sandro Dembele JV and Bale are in from our side, maybe one of Defoe Ade Lennon, hard to call.

My guess is for Arsenal to get 7pts from their next 3 games, we'll need 6 from ours to keep above them I reckon.

Back