• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I do think there is a hysterical overreaction to it. Christ, they're not brilliant and they suffered a brick result, but it happens! I think it's wholly symptomatic of current society...

I do think there is a hysterical overreaction to it. Christ, they're not brilliant and they suffered a brick result, but it happens! I think it's wholly symptomatic of current society...

it's not an overreaction tbh, it's the same reaction that would occur anywhere when assets worth 60m+ are outperformed by assets worth 7k..

Of course it's an over reaction, for the first time EVER these so called "fans" of arsenal football club are experiencing what all of us "proper" fans have experienced and they do not like it.

8/9 years ago these fudgers would have us believe that Wenger was the messiah, bought in ordinary players like Henry, Pires, Overmars, Viera (ffs?????) and so on and MADE THEM GREAT players.

He didn't need to spend big, he developed GREAT players!

As well as that "the arsenal way of playing" was the best football you could watch.

What absolute gonad*s, typified by the way they are reacting now, suddenly the messiah is the root cause of the problem. Why is he not developing these GREAT players anymore? What happened to that arrogant assertion that "the arsenal way" was such a beautiful game? It's all evaporated - why because the thing that all arsenal fans fell in love with when they joined was the WINNING!

It's gone and now they are no longer in love! fudge every last one of them and may their misery continue (i.e. they finish 5th - fudging hell!)>

I think it is OTT but then bear in mind that football often has overreactions whether they are positive or negative. There is still a lot of talk about the various FA Cup upsets over the year whether it's Wrexham beating Arsenal thanks to Mickey Thomas or Ronnie Radford's goal securing a win for Hereford against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. The reaction is as much for the small team's day in the sun as it is for the big team's 'collapse'.

The only thing is that we, as Spurs fans, will only look at how it affects Arsenal and to be honest that will always remain the biggest selling point how the big team have fallen.

I'm sure they're proud but do they still talk about it?

Yes they do still talk about it.

If we'd had a season where we'd gone unbeaten we'd still be talking about it.

Though looking at Arse mania it's mostly comparing the dross they feel they have now to the 'gods' that were the invincibles..

Two of my Arsenal mates/colleagues were at the game.
One started the day with a public speech about humility.
I sought the other one out and just let him talk, voice rising, emotion building while I smiled on the inside.
He did say that he's never heard such consistent, strong abuse by fans for one of their own players as there was for Gervinho last night.

I still haven't forgotten them booing Walcott in the NLD in February. Wonder why he isn't too keen on signing a new contract?

_64713753_64713752.jpg

Great picture

Of course it's an over reaction, for the first time EVER these so called "fans" of arsenal football club are experiencing what all of us "proper" fans have experienced and they do not like it.

8/9 years ago these fudgers would have us believe that Wenger was the messiah, bought in ordinary players like Henry, Pires, Overmars, Viera (ffs?????) and so on and MADE THEM GREAT players.

He didn't need to spend big, he developed GREAT players!

As well as that "the arsenal way of playing" was the best football you could watch.

What absolute gonad*s, typified by the way they are reacting now, suddenly the messiah is the root cause of the problem. Why is he not developing these GREAT players anymore? What happened to that arrogant assertion that "the arsenal way" was such a beautiful game? It's all evaporated - why because the thing that all arsenal fans fell in love with when they joined was the WINNING!

It's gone and now they are no longer in love! fudge every last one of them and may their misery continue (i.e. they finish 5th - fudging hell!)>

Agreed.

Back