• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

fudge Sky and all those who think finishing second and no trophy is better then 3rd or 4th and winning a trophy. :D
Who said this Mr?
They’re being daft!
Top four is priority. If we got 4th or 3rd AND a cup it would be double bubble.
The cups could be undermined by the lack of fit troops atm.

Who said this Mr?
They’re being daft!
Top four is priority. If we got 4th or 3rd AND a cup it would be double bubble.
The cups could be undermined by the lack of fit troops atm.

Put it this way there have been several posts on here by some who seem to reguard the cups as not worth winning, not wanting to bring the same conversastions up again but in MY eyes if you play sport its to win things.

Put it this way there have been several posts on here by some who seem to reguard the cups as not worth winning, not wanting to bring the same conversastions up again but in MY eyes if you play sport its to win things.

Our problem is our squad is too thin to cope on all four fronts as we are now witnessing.
Not sure we can get passed City! So I would not stress about the Chelsea game!
The top four finish is the main goal!

Our problem is our squad is too thin to cope on all four fronts as we are now witnessing.
Not sure we can get passed City! So I would not to stressed about the Chelsea game!

We are currently battling on all four fronts at past the half way stage of the season, so how exactly has our squad shown itself too thin to do that?

Not to mention getting past chelsea. I guess the quetion is, by rotating, do you have a better chance to win something? If we'd rotated in the last chelsea game, then we might have had a beter crack at united and not taken the injuries to sissoko and kane.

Not to mention getting past chelsea. I guess the quetion is, by rotating, do you have a better chance to win something? If we'd rotated in the last chelsea game, then we might have had a beter crack at united and not taken the injuries to sissoko and kane.

Damned if you rest damned if you don’t!
Liverpool flew to winter training for a week in Dubai.
Part of me thinks Pochettino would swap with Herr Cliperty

CMs not CBs mate

Dier Wanyama Dembele being ahead of Sissoko and Winks

Onomah would probably get a look in too, if he wasn't injured. Dier, Winks, Skipp is not too shabby. I suspect we are trying to sign someone but it won't be a panic buy. Sissoko's revelation must have given the scouting and transfer decision making team at Spurs confidence. However, buying a player who can't hit the ground running now, would negate any urgency of getting fresh blood in. Once Sissoko is back, CM is fairly well covered. Once Son and Kane are back, CF is fairly well covered.

Post Christmas, with no winter break, after the world cup summer for a lot of players, it was going to catch up with us. That Skipp, GKN can come into the side and perform is testamont to the stability at Spurs now. Ideally we'd have a couple more exciting youth players who could get sub appearances and deliver against the likes of chelsea.

Normally I'm a cup man but I think that our priority for going into next season in a new stadium should be CL football and if that means prioritising the league this year then so be it.

Got be careful with the “squad too thin” angle.

Take the 4 highest scorers and 4 central midfielders from any team and see who takes the field.

The odd game wouldn’t be too bad. We’re about to play 4 in 10 days for the 2nd time in about a month.

Take the 4 highest scorers and 4 central midfielders from any team and see who takes the field.

The odd game wouldn’t be too bad. We’re about to play 4 in 10 days for the 2nd time in about a month.

Not great! But brick does happen!

For Liverpool, this would be Salah, Firminho, Mane, Shaquiri, Keita, Henderson, Winjaldum and...some random central midfielder whose barely featured. They'd be fudged if that happened.

I don't know much about their replacements, but I'm fairly certain Oxlade Chamberlain, Sturridge, Origi, Lallana, Markovic, Camacho and Brewster would be a significant downgrade. Or "squad depth", as Sky would put it.

If we get through the next few weeks until Kane is back, still in the Top 4, the FA Cup, CL and having reached the league Cup final, it will be an outstanding achievement that, for me, would match anything the club has achieved in the last few seasons.

It will take a monunmental effort from the squad, but the odds are going to be stacked against us. And the annoying thing is, if we dont prevail, all we are going to hear is the media waffling on about us falling short yet again, another season where we have under-achieved and all that b@llocks. Nothing will be mentioned of our run of injuries, it will 'Same old Tottenham' sh#t

Oh and yes, on top of it all, some (not all, mind) Liverpool fans at work are now claiming the league is now 'in the bag'

For Liverpool, this would be Salah, Firminho, Mane, Shaquiri, Keita, Henderson, Winjaldum and...some random central midfielder whose barely featured. They'd be fudged if that happened.

I don't know much about their replacements, but I'm fairly certain Oxlade Chamberlain, Sturridge, Origi, Lallana, Markovic, Camacho and Brewster would be a significant downgrade. Or "squad depth", as Sky would put it.

And my GHod, if that did happen, there would be a Sky meltdown

Onomah would probably get a look in too, if he wasn't injured. Dier, Winks, Skipp is not too shabby. I suspect we are trying to sign someone but it won't be a panic buy. Sissoko's revelation must have given the scouting and transfer decision making team at Spurs confidence. However, buying a player who can't hit the ground running now, would negate any urgency of getting fresh blood in. Once Sissoko is back, CM is fairly well covered. Once Son and Kane are back, CF is fairly well covered.

Post Christmas, with no winter break, after the world cup summer for a lot of players, it was going to catch up with us. That Skipp, GKN can come into the side and perform is testamont to the stability at Spurs now. Ideally we'd have a couple more exciting youth players who could get sub appearances and deliver against the likes of chelsea.

Pretty sure after his lively, alert performances in pre-season matches, Luke Amos was ready to become part of the midfield group. Tough break with the knee injury. There were some nicely worked plans in place and when you look at how Skipp has performed, it's understandable why we shied away from spending on new players.

Back