• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Hmm, is that enough though? Imagine if Janssen with all his qualities was also quite quick, going forward we'd be even more scary than we were last season...

Walker and Rose are our pace on the break. Son and Njie are from the bench if we need to chase a game or worry defenders if we are under pressure. But 90% of games we dominate possession and don't really need pace.

Goals, Assists and consistently plays a full part in our high press with his huge work rate. We could probably find somebody who would improve a little on his goals and assists, but it would be VERY difficult to find a player who would do that and also contribute to the 'ugly' side of the game like Lamela does.

It is why I'm sure we won't be going anywhere near signing a player such as Mata as the workrate and pressing is just as important, if not more important than the goals and assists in Pochettino's system.
I'm hoping that now Lamela has a good season under his belt, his goalscoring attributes will come to the fore.

There can't be anything in this, can there? Why would we need another left-back - unless there is a plan to sell either Rose or Davies. I would not have thought this would be on our priority list. Rose had a great season and Davies has proved a capable back-up. They each have different attributes and I'm not sure I would want to see either of them go.

I'm hoping that now Lamela has a good season under his belt, his goalscoring attributes will come to the fore.

I am almost expecting that; after Alli's breakout season and new found reputation (both good and bad re able to get wound up) i'm expecting teams to focus more on Alli and i think Lamela will be focused on slightly less and will get more opportunities to score - i think he will take them as well!

There can't be anything in this, can there? Why would we need another left-back - unless there is a plan to sell either Rose or Davies. I would not have thought this would be on our priority list. Rose had a great season and Davies has proved a capable back-up. They each have different attributes and I'm not sure I would want to see either of them go.

Yeah it does seem odd; is his contract up soon? We seem to be the 'bump up the new contract' choice of the German press these days...

I think we'll get a lot of random stories like this. Simply because 'Spurs have finished their business 7 weeks before deadline day' doesn't get clicks, and hence no advertising revenue.

Maybe Guardiola has tapped up Rose and the player wants to go

I think we'll get a lot of random stories like this. Simply because 'Spurs have finished their business 7 weeks before deadline day' doesn't get clicks, and hence no advertising revenue.

Have we?

A club source has told ESPN FC that Spurs will now turn their attentions to signing a versatile midfielder, with Saudi Sportswashing Machine's Georginio Wijnaldum amongh their targets and that a young forward and a goalkeeper are also on manager Mauricio Pochettino's summer wish list.
http://www.espnfc.com/story/2911444/tottenham-sign-netherlands-international-striker-vincent-janssen

[/QUOTE]There can't be anything in this, can there? Why would we need another left-back - unless there is a plan to sell either Rose or Davies. I would not have thought this would be on our priority list. Rose had a great season and Davies has proved a capable back-up. They each have different attributes and I'm not sure I would want to see either of them go..[/QUOTE]
Playing devils advocate but watching this guy at the Euros he hugged the left touchline very much in the way Rose did. Maybe Poch prefers the Rose type of attacking full back and would rather rotate him with a similar style of player? Not a slant on how well Ben Davies has played at all,just throwing it out there....

So far so good re transfer window; do we have enough pace in attacking areas though?
I guess this is what Batshuayi or even Berahino would have brought to the table if we'd bought them..

according to the scout report posted in the Janssen thread he has a bit of pace about him

His final strengths are his pace and movement, which have really allowed him to score most of the goals that he scores. He constantly (as you can probably tell) uses his pace to collect through balls in wide positions and in the box, which gives him a good look at the goal. Movement is something that most great strikers excel at, and the former Almere City player certainly fits that description. But his movement wouldn’t be what it is without his pace. Let me make this clear, he’s not a Martial, Coman or Memphis with his pace, but he still has above average speed. For a striker whose 5 foot 10 like Janssen is, having quality pace is a must. And he does have it, as his pace allowed him to get separation for his goal against Ajax, and his goal for the U21 side. He also used his pace to get to the position that he got in. Part of the reason why he’s a great finisher is because of the positions he gets himself in. But without his movement and pace, that wouldn’t be possible.

There have been offers for Rose before (that he was interested in), however with CL and the last season behind us, don't see it happening.

As others have commented, most of this is either click bait or agents using us to push their clients elsewhere

He is a very good player and would be an improvement to our squad

Davies could arguably be looked at as a centre back too.

I know we don't want to lose players but if a genuine improvement is available we should always be after them

There have been offers for Rose before (that he was interested in), however with CL and the last season behind us, don't see it happening.

As others have commented, most of this is either click bait or agents using us to push their clients elsewhere

Yes, probably this. Seems his agent is trying to get Barca to make a bid, and they need to hurry as he [allegedly] already has offers from us and Liverpool.

Now is definitely a low point for talent in world football

I wonder if this is the culmination of the X-Box generation reaching adulthood and the decline in grassroots participation (my league has shrunk from 50 to 33 teams in the last 3 years, and another big local league has folded completely this summer) across the developed world?

Drinks all round and slaps on the back for the FA guardians of our game, never mind there are lots more women playing.

He is a very good player and would be an improvement to our squad

Davies could arguably be looked at as a centre back too.

I know we don't want to lose players but if a genuine improvement is available we should always be after them

I don't think Davies is good enough to play in the centre with two, he's OK with a three.

I think the most likely is Davies impressed for Wales. If he has been given an offer of first team football and a wage rise, he has to take it.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back